• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Ocean: Second Evolution coming to PS4/Vita

Saphirax

http://gamestalk.net/so2/

It's a port of the PSP game.

Siliconera:

According to producer Shuichi Kobayashi, the PlayStation 4 version won’t be a remake, but a port for the upcoming PlayStation Vita version. While a release period wasn’t announced, Kobayashi said that it “won’t take too long.

Read more at http://www.siliconera.com/2015/09/1...for-both-ps4-and-ps-vita/#QqPEXTIRuUSJefz3.99

Comes out in October in Japan. Download only.

Renewed theme song sung by twin duo Rina Eri
Trophy support
Paid gameplay support DLC
Graphics and background music quality increase

http://gematsu.com/2015/10/star-ocean-second-evolution-ps4-ps-vita-launches-october-in-japan

Trailer

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.

SolVanderlyn

Thanos acquires the fully powered Infinity Gauntlet in The Avengers: Infinity War, but loses when all the superheroes team up together to stop him.
Where is the first game? Is the story different for each part like Final Fantasy?
The first game is actually very sparse story wise, and has lots of backtracking padding and a very abrupt ending.

It's worth playing but not essential at all for SO2. The only thing you'll miss out on is a recurring character (in a smaller role) and an explanation for what the character Leon is (a Fellpool, not seen elsewhere in-game but the race of the main characters from SO1).

Percy

Banned
Just the second one? Not doing both PSP remakes as a bundle seems kind of shitty if it's just a port job. Well... depending on pricing I guess.

Can't access PSN at work but I don't think SO1 PSP is on the US PS store :X
Star Ocean was never released on PSN :(

The first game is actually very sparse story wise, and has lots of backtracking and a very abrupt ending.

It's worth playing but not essential at all for SO2. The only thing you'll miss out on is a recurring character (in a smaller role) and an explanation for what the character Leon is (a Fellpool, not seen elsewhere in-game but the race of the main characters from SO1).
That's good to know. Hopefully this is localized even if just for PS4.

SolVanderlyn

Vita means life. It was just in a coma

Zhao_Yun

Someone who knows Japanese could translate the text, but yeah...According to google translate it's not a remake.

Yeah it's a port and not a remake.

なお、リメイクではなく移植であることが確認されています。

"It was confirmed that it is not a remake but a port."

Footos22

oh my

star light attack or whatever it was called in all its glory

in my veinnss

the only star ocean i really enjoyed. 3 was alright and 4 was fucking awful.

Just the second one? Not doing both PSP remakes as a bundle seems kind of shitty if it's just a port job. Well... depending on pricing I guess.
It is a remake of the original Star Ocean 2 instead of a remake of the psp remake so likely not a port.

Edit: I talked too soon. It is port.

SolVanderlyn

I really hope we can turn off cutscene voices this time.

Dunkley

Well I'll be curious about how this one looks. Wonder if they got the anime cutscenes at a higher res, or potentially will redraw them in a style closer to the original.

Loudninja

Just going to throw it on the pile

Star Ocean 5
FF7 Remake
Dragon Quest Builders
Dragon Quest Heroes
Dragon Quest Heroes 2
Dragon Quest 10
Dragon Quest 11
Nier 2
Kingdom Hearts HD II.8 Final Chapter Prologue
World of Final Fantasy
FF15
Kingdom Hearts 3
Project Setsuna
Star Ocean: Second Evolution
SaGa Scarlet Grace
Dissidia Final Fantasy
Seiken Densetsu

Tizoc

Hopefully they don't touch the story, and make it look good on dat OLED.
Vita still Vita in 2016~

Zhao_Yun

And none of them will probably be released outside Japan (unless if there's a PS4 version as well, in which case we might get the PS4 version only)...

At least World of Final Fantasy should have a decent chance of getting released on Vita in the West since it was revealed for both platforms at E3.

Top Bottom