• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Angry Sun files found in Super Mario Maker through data mining, other bits.

OAWbSo8.png

Twitter user NWPlayer123, who is known for data mining Nintendo games, has come across an interesting discovery. It appears that there are files within the game for the Angry Sun. That’s leading to speculation of DLC, though there’s definitely no such confirmation currently.

http://nintendoeverything.com/angry...r-mario-maker-through-data-mining-other-bits/

giphy.gif

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
Desert theme would be worth the money.

Fishlake

No! I hate that sun. I don't need people adding it to their levels. You can't even kill or steal a cloud from it.

Anything else of significance found?

mclem

Angry Sun's an oddity, since I don't really regard it as an enemy placed within the level, as such, more as a trait of a level. Think of the original SMB implementation of Lakitu for something similar; it exists mostly independently of the level itself.

That jellyfish thing is new, yeah? Or maybe I just haven't gotten it. Just like the blobby ghosts that are stuck on floors and ceilings. Or tall mario. Or numerous other things I've see used in levels.

Fewr

*sigh*
I'm not a big fan of these data mining findings, they spoil surprises. I can live with it, it doesn't bother me much.

Jpope

Neo Member
I would pay 5 dollars for a pack that contains slopes, chargin chucks, checkpoints, and the koopalings.

JazzmanZ

I knew it, it was the only thing missing from that About page for Super Mario's 30th anniversary website, probably planning a desert pack or something later on.

sonto340

No! I hate that sun. I don't need people adding it to their levels. You can't even kill or steal a cloud from it.

Anything else of significance found?
You can absolutely kill it. All you need is a shell or something to throw at it.

Which assholes who put down fifteen of them in one level will not give you.

This doesn't imply DLC - gotta remember there are way more cases of finding unused or cut content via data mining than there are cases of finding DLC

aaaaaa

Level editors for Mario have been available since at least 1997 -- does this mean the official one is incomplete compared to the fan-made ones? I hope Nintendo doesn't nickel and dime their customers.

Level editors for Mario have been available since at least 1997 -- does this mean the official one is incomplete compared to the fan-made ones? I hope Nintendo doesn't nickel and dime their customers.

Lunar Magic is waaaaaay more powerful, and always will be. Seriously, the amount of objects you have to play with in all of Super Mario World + enemies ported from Mario 1, 2, & 3 in INSANE. And this is speaking as a college student who hasn't touched the program since he was in middle school--it's probably gotten better since then. Anyone who is seriously interested in (Mario) level design should check it out.

But Mario Maker is more fun.

Top Bottom