• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Catherine Coulson (Log Lady in Twin Peaks) passes away at 71

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://laist.com/2015/09/28/rip_catherine_coulson.php

Catherine Coulson, famously known as the iconic "Log Lady" in Twin Peaks, has died at the age of 71.
The actress, who was supposed to reprise her role of Margaret Lanterman (AKA Log Lady) in the 2017 revival of Twin Peaks on Showtime, died after a battle with cancer, Variety reports (via Oregon's KOBI-TV).

Coulson also brought back her quirky role as the Log Lady in the 1992 feature Twin Peaks: Fire Walk With Me. However, her connection to Lynch went much further back than this series. She's known Lynch since 1971, and served as the assistant director to Lynch on Eraserhead, and was also actress portraying an amputee in his 1974 short film, The Amputee. Around the time of Eraserhead, she got into transcendental meditation like Lynch did, according to TV Guide.

Damn, was looking forward seeing the Log Lady again.

Lynch's statement:

Today I lost one of my dearest friends, Catherine Coulson. Catherine was solid gold. She was always there for her friends—she was filled with love for all people—for her family—for her work. She was a tireless worker. She had a great sense of humor—she loved to laugh and make people laugh. She was a spiritual person—a longtime TM meditator. She was the Log Lady.

RIP

RIP

bjork

tumblr_mje2n5wh6w1qikb11o1_500.jpg

:(

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Lynch's statement:

Today I lost one of my dearest friends, Catherine Coulson. Catherine was solid gold. She was always there for her friends—she was filled with love for all people—for her family—for her work. She was a tireless worker. She had a great sense of humor—she loved to laugh and make people laugh. She was a spiritual person—a longtime TM meditator. She was the Log Lady.

RIP

I attended an event Coulson hosted in Philadelphia last November at the David Lynch: The Unified Field exhibition. She was so charismatic and warm. She took pictures with me, my girlfriend and family. This makes me very sad.

Rest in peace.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom