• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Specs Announced

Kezen

Banned
https://www.origin.com/en-fr/store/buy/star-wars-battlefront/pc-download/base-game/standard-edition

Minimum PC System Requirements

Processor (Intel): Intel i3 6300T or equivalent
Memory: 8GB RAM
Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 660 2GB
Graphics card (ATI): ATI Radeon HD 7850 2GB
DirectX: 11.0 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Recommended PC System Requirements

Processor (Intel): Intel i5 6600 or equivalent
Memory: 16GB RAM
Hard Drive: At least 40 GB of free space
Graphics card (NVIDIA): nVidia GeForce GTX 970 4GB
Graphics card (AMD): AMD Radeon R9 290 4GB
DirectX: 11.1 Compatible video card or equivalent
Online Connection Requirements: 512 KBPS or faster Internet connection

Pretty tame.

bounchfx

40 gigs? holy shit, what's in there? is this all textures and audio?

I'm surprised because it's a multiplayer only game with what, 8 maps?
looking forward to playing it, but man the size does surprise me

Digital Foundry tested the PC beta build, they got 80+fps on a 290X so a 970 should be able to do 1080p60fps easily, sounds like a good PC port.

Cindres

Vied for a tag related to cocks, so here it is.
Christ, my GPU is the exact minimum one (7850). It really is time I upgraded.

Nothing out of the ordinary. I'll make an educated guess based on the hardware listed and say that the minimum specs correspond to the console experience (900p @ 60fps?) so the game should be playable on lower-end machines as well.

Daffy Duck

Obligatory can I run this on my 980Ti post.

I'll try the beta for sure to get a feel for this game as even though it's Star Wars I'm not sure it's the Star Wars in Battlefield clothing I wanted. Still we'll see.

Kezen

Banned
Going by DF analysis of a beta, recommended specs are for stable 60fps in 1080p with max settings.

That's a very high target for system requirements. Usually they mean something like highish settings at 1080p/30fps.

They might scare off casual PC gamers with those specs.

pislit

I have all the money to buy a Pascal GPU, come on Nvidia!

Damn, I am really tempted to buy a 980 to push this game to max but I have to stick to my every other generation buying habit.

Phazon

These days the min requirements are good enough to play your game on 1080p with decent (low - medium for example) settings.

It's not like back in the day where you could barely play it on the lowest res and settings :p

RionaaM

Unconfirmed Member
It's nice looking at the specs and seeing that I exceed (or at least meet) the recommended ones thanks to my new PC. It hasn't been like that in over 5 years. Feels good!

Damn so with a 650 ti I shouldn't bother with the game? That sucks, id be ok with playing on low settings

Just wait and see. Your 650Ti and the 660 are not that far in terms of power, I think you'll be able to play just fine.

These days the min requirements are good enough to play your game on 1080p with decent (low - medium for example) settings.

It's not like back in the day where you could barely play it on the lowest res and settings :p

Yup.

gogogow

I was like, you are wrong, for sure! Then I googled.....holy shit, you are right, there is no single player/story mode......

Kezen

Banned
I think you're right Alexandros, the "minimum" specs must not target the lowest possible settings otherwise that would mean the game does not scale lower than consoles. I don't see consoles being equivalent to the lowest PC settings so the most likely possibility is that they are aiming for medium/high settings right at the minimum.

There's value in that.

Halabane

Christ, my GPU is the exact minimum one (7850). It really is time I upgraded.

I feel yeah. I just upgraded to 980ti this summer from a 2x6950 in crossfire. Win 10 broke that machine...not sure why, Gigabyte motherboard just got very confused on memory management all of sudden. Still sitting on the bench, I will get back to it one day. The upgrade was expensive but it was worth it.

Also 16GB RAM at 2015 is not a tall order at all if you are the kind of people who play AAA games day 1 on PC at recommended settings these days...

Portugeezer

Also 16GB RAM at 2015 is not a tall order at all if you are the kind of people who play AAA games day 1 on PC at recommended settings these days...

16GB is a lot of RAM though, +4GB of VRAM.

Normally games use a lot less than their "recommended" amount however.

16GB RAM recommended? I wonder why, I remember a site did a test recently to see how much RAM games actually use and usually came out a fair bit under 8GB.

Also I really wish there was some sort of standardisation in terms of "minimum" and "recommended" - it would be nice if it listed framerate and resolution you could expect beside them, at least.

Looking forward to trying the beta on my 970 though :D
Later than Windows 10? :v
I can't believe EA just leaked Windows 11. Pretty bad imo.

Renekton

Based on exp with frostbite, your fps will fluctuate madly on cpu below recommended.

Ah no more Mantle :{ hopefully they patch in DX12 next year

Machina

Banned
For a Frostbite game, those recommended specs are nuts. Expecting the visuals to be gorgeous now. My unit lines up almost exactly with it.

Stevey

The CPU requirements dont mean a lot if they dont put the speed either.
And as for 16GB of RAM it probably uses more than 8GB maxed out and 16GB is the most common amount above it, highly doubt it'll use close to 16GB

Probably a lot is audio considering they're using the same audio file stems as used in the films. Depending on how much work they've done, and what compression methods they've used for them, could take up a lot of space. The sound design sounds authentic, they've got that definitely right.

Kezen

Banned
Are there any games out there that actually uses that much memory?

I don't believe the game will "need" 16gb, rather it could ask for more than 8. It's not meant to be taken literally, it's most likely rounded or perhaps put there to avoid the backlash of "why can't I run this game?".

High system requirements are not always justified, sometimes it's just used as cover (Unity).

But hey, no one is forced to buy it day one, just wait for benchmarks of all kinds.

jabuseika

16 Gigs of Ram.

7a21548180166f8ac2c0024ee18d4e9e77c2351.gif

Dr Dogg

Most Frostbite games I've played first hand ended up using less RAM than their required amount stated. Managed BF3 fine on 2gb despite asking for 4 and BF4 SP played alrightish on 2gb but went to shit on MP. Still 8gb as required is a tad on the high side so be interesting to see what it actually uses.

Machina

Banned
When judging recommended specs, do they target 1080p at a locked 60 with ultra settings in order to make the judgement?

Top Bottom