• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Star Wars Battlefront Specs Announced

SomTervo

Why? They said 6600 "or equivalent". Anything 2500k and up is essentially "equivalent", even if not OC'd. For as long as PS4/bone are the targets, a 2500k won't be a bottleneck very often.

Sorry, I meant to say 'in the future'. It's the weakest link in my set-up. I'm worried it won't do a year down the line for newer releases. It's still sufficient though, certainly.

Wait what......Windows 10 is recommended!!!???

Why on earth is that the case?

Development for PC is soo lazy and optimisation non exsistant.....16GB of RAM get the fuck outahere!!!, if they even tried im betting they could get it running fine with half that!!, but then why would they bother we're all slaves to the upgrade

2wAz8I4.png
It's a Dice game. Even BF4 recovered from its shit launch. Chill, you'll be fine.

16GB ain't shit. Amazing boon for productivity, totally worth the upgrade.

By the letter of their statement, probably not. In reality, yes you'll be fine.

I see that the unwarranted handwringing by the owners of sandy/ivy bridge i5's lives on.

Sounds good, thanks.

I feel I should know this stuff, being a PC gamer and all, haha

KHlover

Banned
Also 16GB RAM at 2015 is not a tall order at all if you are the kind of people who play AAA games day 1 on PC at recommended settings these days...

It's literally the first game I know that asks for 16GB of RAM. If you own a gaming PC for gaming and don't render stuff on the side until now 8GB have been perfectly fine for any game (that I know of) on the highest settings.

KKRT00

It's literally the first game I know that asks for 16GB of RAM. If you own a gaming PC for gaming and don't render stuff on the side until now 8GB have been perfectly fine for any game (that I know of) on the highest settings.

It was for COD Advanced Warfare. It also limited me in some other game, but dont remember which. I've been on 8GB for many years and for last year or so, it started to be just enough to get by.
Its cheap btw, just buy more.

Just played a couple of games in the beta with everything set to ultra, was getting around 80-90 fps, with the occasional dip into the 60s. Very happy with that performance.

2500k @ 4.3
8gb RAM
780ti @ stock

ViciousDS

Banned
I've been sitting at 8GB of ram for years.....I'll just knock a few settings down and playing at 60fps.

Everyone here sounding like they MUSSSTTTT play at absolute maximum. If you get even near the recommended specs the game will look and run better than on the console.....not sure why everyone freaks out about it.

Now when you start getting close to minimum specs in CPU+GPU....yes, its time to upgrade.

Nibiru

Banned
Just played a couple of games in the beta with everything set to ultra, was getting around 80-90 fps, with the occasional dip into the 60s. Very happy with that performance.

2500k @ 4.3
8gb RAM
780ti @ stock

Sometimes betas don't have all the textures. Is this beta fully featured?

prag16

Banned
Sounds good, thanks.

I feel I should know this stuff, being a PC gamer and all, haha

Blame intel for not pushing out worthwhile upgrades in recent years. Or blame AMD for not forcing them to.

I'm okay with it; don't mind riding my 2550k for a few more years.

KKRT00

Why would Win10 be recommended and Win7 required?

You need at least Win7 to run the game, but because Win10 handles multithreading better it is recommended as system of choice.
Additionally game will receive DX12 patch in the future, which will only work on Win10.

Kezen

Banned
You need at least Win7 to run the game, but because Win10 handles multithreading better it is recommended as system of choice.
Additionally game will receive DX12 patch in the future, which will only work on Win10.

Has it been confirmed the game would at some point have support for DX12 ?

KKRT00

Has it been confirmed the game would at some point have support for DX12 ?
I'm pretty sure i read it in one of the Siggraph's DICE presentation about Frostbite 3 getting DX12 support in next year and Battlefront getting a patch, but i'm not 100% certain.
They did it with Mantle and they will support Battlefront for years with DLCs, so it would be logical.

Great I meet everything except for the ram, GTX 970, i7 4790k but 8gb of ram
the Beta will tell me if I need to upgrade my ram or not for the final game.

2500k @ 4.3
8gb RAM
780ti @ stock

Cool, these are almost my same specs. Sounds like a slightly more demanding version of Frostbite, hope the visuals match the demand.

Kezen

Banned
I'm pretty sure i read it in one of the Siggraph's DICE presentation about Frostbite 3 getting DX12 support in next year and Battlefront getting a patch, but i'm 100% certain.
They did it with Mantle and they will support Battlefront for years with DLCs, so it would be logical.

I haven't been able to find anything about DX12 in Frostbite games, even though it has been confirmed DX12 support has been added to the engine but no words on whether or not Battlefront will be the first FB3 games to have dx12 support.

Having played the beta for the better part of 3 hours I think those recommended specs are a little overblown. I was getting a solid 60 @ 1080p with everything on Ultra and then also getting 40-60 @ 1440p with the same settings, solid 60 by turning a few things down to high. 970/2600K/8gb.

samn

I just bought this GTX 660 a year ago. I've been really happy with it, runs most things just fine @1080p60fps. I don't wanna upgrade so soon :(

KKRT00

I haven't been able to find anything about DX12 in Frostbite games, even though it has been confirmed DX12 support has been added to the engine but no words on whether or not Battlefront will be the first FB3 games to have dx12 support.

I meant 'i'm not 100% certain' :)

TheRed

Yes built myself, but I live in Norway so prices are higher :-(

Ahh that sucks, here in the US with some smartish shopping got mine that meets all the required specs minus 8 gb of RAM for around $1000.
Tempted to get this game mostly for the graphics if the other maps are as beautiful as I hope.

Top Bottom