• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dark Souls 3 Network Stress Test client available to download on NA PSN

DaciaJC

Gold Member
Soundtrack already shits all over every Souls game. This is actually good.

7264%20-%20Raw%20autoplay_gif%20gif%20raised_eyebrow%20sunglasses%20the_rock%20wwf.gif

ANDS

King of Gaslighting
This might be the best waste of 3GIG's I've ever downloaded. One Night In Chyna not withstanding of course. . .

AmyS

So...

Bandai Namco's Network Stress Test for Dark Souls III is available for free to PS4 owners who have a subscription to PlayStation Plus.

While you can download the client right now from the PlayStation Store, it isn't playable just yet. It's also important to note that the test is only available to those with an active PS Plus subscription who signed up last month to participate.

http://www.ign.com/articles/2015/10/09/dark-souls-3-network-stress-test-free-on-playstation-plus

I don't remember if I signed up or not.

ZhugeEX

Banned
It's a test to see if the servers can take lots of people playing online simultaneously, as well as testing multiplayer in general. Presumably we'll have access to one area of the game and a boss or two.

The game will be limited to one area. They want as many people logged on concurrently as possible to test the servers. They particularly want people to participate in multiplayer activities, but you dont have too.

Thanks. Thought that would be the case.

It uses your PS4 to farm bitcoins.

Ohhhhh! Where do I sign up!

Holy crap! Looks like I managed to download it in time. Music is indeed really good. Thanks OP.

I signed up for it a few weeks back but it was only a temporary registration. By the time I saw the email telling me to complete my registration it was too late.

zsynqx

Ahh crap, didn't even know this stress test was a thing. Have fun people who got in, I expect detail and HONEST impressions. :)

Stimpack

So I still don't understand exactly what's going on here. I signed up last month, haven't received an email yet, but I downloaded the game from PSN. Does just having the game downloaded mean that I'll be able to get in, regardless or whether or not I get an email?

or do we just not know, yet?

ryan13ts

Crap, I missed this thread and can't find it in the store now. I signed up, but if I don't get chosen, am i basically screwed out of the beta now? :(

Looks like I missed it, but no PS+, so probably couldn't have gotten in anyway. Ah well. You guys are right, though, the music is ace.

I downloaded, but i bet this was a mistake. Hopefully we get an official statement on it soon. When is the test supposed to go live?

Walpurgis

Banned
So I still don't understand exactly what's going on here. I signed up last month, haven't received an email yet, but I downloaded the game from PSN. Does just having the game downloaded mean that I'll be able to get in, regardless or whether or not I get an email?

or do we just not know, yet?

Yeah, you're almost definitely in. I can't think of any beta that I've played that checks for PSN IDs. When my brother or I get into a beta, both of our PSNs always work.

Persona7

Banned
If you have it downloaded then I think it will definitely give you access unless they update the beta and have everyone download a new one with a code sent through the lottery process.

usp84

Nothing for Europe?

Will i be able to donwload this if i make a US account?

I applied for the test but nothing so far...

ryan13ts

I'm going to be beyond pissed as fuck if I don't get in after missing this the chance to download the cllient. This is easily my most wanted game in the next year, so I can only pray and hope I get chosen at this point.

Bunta

Fujiwara Tofu Shop
Just downloaded and installed it. Had added it to my download list on my computer yesterday. The menu music is really good.

konjak

Yup, they would have to really go out of their way to stop people who downloaded it in this timeframe.
Not sure if theres legal issuses involved with advertising PS plus content then removing it

Don't they just have to make an update with a login process to prevent non-lottery winners?

Top Bottom