• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bad news: Totalbiscuits (John Bain) cancer is not gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Majine

Banned
My heart dropped. Stitched from his twitter:

@Totalbiscuit said:
Well, I don't know if there is really a right way to tell people this, so I guess here goes. The CT did not come back negative. The cancer in the bowel is gone, but spots have appeared in my liver. They're not operable and there's no cure. Average life expectancy is 2-3 years, though there are outliers that live much longer. I'll be back on chemo in a few weeks, with the goal of pushing it back and keeping it there for as long as possible. I fully intend to be the outlier, the average is this way because most people that get this are old and not strong anymore. Who knows what they'll come up with in the next decade? I intend to beat it for as long as possible. Gonna need some time to process all of this. I don't really feel anything right now. Thanks.

For those unaware, TB is a big profile in Let's Plays and competitive gaming.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
I didn't know whether to put this in gaming or off-topic, but he is a figure in gaming with attention and such around him, so I thought this belonged here.

http://www.twitlonger.com/show/n_1snlj3r

He had cancer in the bowel, and he got chemotherapy and got rid of it... But spots of cancer have popped up in his liver, and its incurable. Life expectancy is 2-3 years, but there are outliers who live much longer, and he plans to try and fight the odds.

My best hopes go out to him, hope we do make big leeways in the next 10 years, and fuck cancer.

HUELEN10

I have no idea who this person is, but the 2-3 year thing sounds about right for that cancer. Not even Proton Therapy is much help at this point in time for it. Fuck cancer.

oh my god thats terrible. Not my favorite person for quick plays- but jesus. I wish him and his family the best- that's some gut wrenching news to any family unit.

TB is a really great guy. I think his personality was off-putting to some, but I've always liked and appreciated him. I wish him the best going forward and hopefully he can push it off long enough for a new medical breakthrough to develop.

Spirited

Mine is pretty and pink
This is awful, cancer sucks.

Hoping he will still have some quality time with his family before he eventually takes his deep slumber.

Tenebrous

Fuck cancer.

Yeah... It's killed more people in my family during my life time than WW1&2 combined. I know cancer research is advancing pretty fast, but I just wish we could end this shit now.

Hope TB finds a way to live the rest of his life that works out well for himself and those around him.

BiGBoSSMk23

A company being excited for their new game is a huge slap in the face to all the fans that liked their old games.
Man, this is fucking terrible to read and I don't even follow him.

Lashley

Why does he wear the mask!?
Fuck cancer.

My gran has oesophageal cancer and she's basically a shell of her former self. Evil, evil disease.

Corpekata

Banned
Posted in Steam thread, but my mom went through something pretty much the same. Colon cancer that spread to liver. Got rid of the colon cancer but could not hold it back in the liver.

Really took a toll on her over the past couple years. Had trouble with her memory toward the end (that might be related to age so might not affect him).

Shit is rough.

Kriken

I don't care what you think of his work or opinions, losing someone to cancer is always a horrible thing and I would never wish this upon anyone

Mitch

Banned
Been following him off and on since 2010 (WoW Cataclysm) or so. Seems like a good guy, and he's gone through so much shit. Really sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom