• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bad news: Totalbiscuits (John Bain) cancer is not gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

ElRenoRaven

While I may not care for the guy's attitude a lot of the time, I do feel sorry for him. I don't wish cancer on anyone. I'm prayin for you John. Hope they find a cure in time and you kick cancer's ass.

That said goddamn we need to find a cure for cancer. We're getting so damn close. Too many people are dying to this disease.

Trey

Keep strong, totalbiscuit.

Total liver transplant is not an option?

I feel as though they don't do transplants for cancer patients. It's no guarantee the cancer won't just pop up elsewhere, seeing as it metastasized already.

Jb

Best of luck to him and to his friends and family for the tough days ahead. No one deserves this.

tebunker

Banned
Fuck cancer.

The truth.

I just lost my sister to cancer at the age of 46 after beating leukemia and going in to remission twice , and I have woken up every damned day since saying FUCK CANCER.

I am not a big TB fan but I know others are, and honestly no one should have to go through this shit. I hope he does up that average or ends up beating it.

I watched some of his videos and I have his announcer pack in DOTA2. seems like a fun guy and I hope he can beat this. cancer just freaking sucks.

Solid Raiden

Neo Member
I wish him the best. My heart goes out to everyone with this vile disease. I recently found out that my father has cancer I still haven't been able to comprehend it. I can only imagine his state of shock.

HUELEN10

I wish best of luck to TB. If they are agressive enough he might have a chance to beat the odds. :(
If my oncologist buddy is right, and he is... no. Realistically, that's not the case, especially with the sizes posted prior if accurate.

Again, fuck cancer. I wish him the best, and I hope he lives near places with experimental treatment options; would be the best shot.

Wasn't he only 29 when he first reported this? How long ago was that? So young. :(

Spring 2014 I believe. And yeah, way too young to have to deal with this.

The hardest part of all of this is that he was in "complete remission" a few months ago. The ups-and-downs of this must be infuriating.

Corpekata

Banned

I feel as though they don't do transplants for cancer patients. It's no guarantee the cancer won't just pop up elsewhere, seeing as it metastasized already.

You're right. They don't do organ transplants for cancer patients.

Is there no alternative for a liver like dialysis is for kidneys?

MikeDown

Banned
just when you think life is dishing you out shitty cards, remember it could always be worse. So sad. D: Wish him the best, awful news

sublimit

Banned
Best wishes for strength and positive thoughts.This fucking disease can be beaten. Willpower and faith can do anything.

ShinMaruku

Biggest thing with cancer is it is you and thus is as adaptable as you. There are some new treatments on the way which will hopefully fix some issues and keep it down to background levels but it's something very serious and it's the next medical frontier. If we can crack that however, we shall be smacking down every subsequent illness very quickly.

Terrible news, I wish him all the best.

As someone who is a survivor of cancer, I know how rough it can be waiting for your next CT scan results. When I heard the doctor tell me that the cancer was not completely gone, it had to be one of the worst things I had ever gone through emotionally.

kirblar

Is there no alternative for a liver like dialysis is for kidneys?
Liver does a billion different things that you can't replicate. When mine got clogged up due to iron overload, I temporarily lost the ability to process fructose.
Friend of mine (work buddy) has been battling his liver cancer for almost 4 years now so there is hope.
If you're on twitter, I'm sure he'd appreciate hearing stories like this right now. Horrible thing for anyone to have to go through. :(

Best wishes to John. My dad is going through a similar thing. It was bowel cancer, but detected early by a mail-in test. There were a few spots on the liver too that they are trying to reduce with chemo. Fuck that diagnosis.

Bl@de

Fuck cancer. Also lost an aunt who was still very young.

Best wishes and I hope he pulls through it, no matter the odds.

ElTorro

I wanted to dominate the living room. Then I took an ESRAM in the knee.
Scary shit. Hope he finds the mental energy to make the most out of the time that he has.

Steejee

Fuck cancer, and may you beat the odds. Lost my mother to throat and neck when she was only 44, and even that was really young.

No one who's not one of the worst human beings alive should suffer through that disease.

ShinMaruku

Ok a little correction on life expectancy that people are misunderstanding. It is 3 years for elerly and otherwise infirm people, TB is not elderly and hopefully not infirm. Given that and if they use the right chemo, he will exceed that. He may get 8-15 years to even indefinite if he can hang on until a new treatment is developed.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom