• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bad news: Totalbiscuits (John Bain) cancer is not gone

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dusk Golem

A 21st Century Rockefeller
Follow-up tweet by him I realized wasn't posted:
21dd3c379e0974b96c24834a41f43d87.png

diablos991

Can’t stump the diablos
Holy hell that is rough news.

My deepest condolences to his family and friends. I hope they all stick around and support him in the experiences he will endure over the next few years.

Sound like he's at stage 4. Once the cancer has gone mesenchymal, survivability drops rapidly.

He needs a lot of prayers. Willpower can do miracle things.

JordanKZ

No matter what you think about a person, this is genuinely awful news.

Here's hoping that he manages to beat the odds on life expectancy.

Sound like he's at stage 4. Once the cancer has gone mesenchymal, survivability drops rapidly.

He needs a lot of prayers. Willpower can do miracle things.

Yeah, this is what got my mum. The cancer from her breast had gone, but by that point it was soon discovered it had spread to several other parts of her body and she was sadly on borrowed time. As has been said, fuck cancer and I wouldn't wish it on anyone or their family - an evil thing that I hope we find a cure to sooner rather than later.

Horrible news. I'm not that familiar with him, but have heard his name before. Either way, it's terrible to hear.

Best of luck to him.

Cancer is a nightmare I deal with every day.

Midn1ght

Man...what a bad news.

Hope he can fight it for as long as he can and eventually beat it !

Keep your head up TB !

Holy crap. Fuck cancer. Bowel cancer is one thing, but now liver as well? TB has some horrible luck.

Hopefully he can hold out as long as possible.

Hope he pulls through. Best wishes to him and his family. He has the attitude to beat it and that's very important considering where the cancer came back to.

Lost my mom to metastatic liver cancer in January this year.

Now, ten months later my dad has plueral cavity cancer causing superior vena issues. He finished radiation on that tumour last week and is on pill chemo. I hope TB takes his time to do whatever he wants to.

Fuck cancer, this horribly cunty disease.

Fuck, my 5 year old cousin is fighting cancer right now, and chemo is fucking hard and there is a shit ton of things he cant eat because of cancer , best thing to do is to remain happy , the whole treatment being free also helps.

gogosox82

Fuck man that sucks. I really turned sour on him during the gg stuff but wouldn't wish cancer on my worst enemy. Hopefully he can keep fight it and recover. Thoughts are with him and his family.

MrHoot

Wishes for him, and also for Genna. I hope both of them stay strong. Seeing them doing goofy stuff on genna's channel brings some nice light.

belmonkey

It's a shit situation. As has been said, it sounds like the cancer has metastasized so I dunno how much can be done if it has spread to other tissues. Things like cancer stem cells can remain untouched by chemo, so cancer could still be left slowly growing back even after treatment regardless of whether a scan doesn't seem to show anything, and chemo itself already has negative side effects like potential nervous system damage. I hope he holds on long enough for more options to become available to him in the future. Screw cancer.

Koobion

Very sorry to hear that :( I had cancer that also spread to my liver, and it took 5 years to rid, ugh. I wish him the best. That feeling of numbness at first is very real :(

whyman

So sad and I really hope he can fight it for as long as possible. Great guy and entertaining as hell! Wish him all the best!

mrlion

Prayers won't do shit, mate.

You completely missed the point, a prayer is not a magical spell...a prayer is made so that you have faith in someone. Its not going to cure his cancer but its going to build up willpower from other people who wishes for his well being.

I don't even know why I'm explaining this to you...

usually when someone tells another person they are sending prayers it's not just about the person doing the prayers thinking that "oh wow my prayers are going to heal them!", it's about letting someone else know you care for them and are hoping that their situation will improve over the current hardship.

I know, I know, thinking is hard work, but I'm praying for you to be able to start having some form of critical thinking at some point in your life.

BibiMaghoo

I wish him the best. Not sure if it's going to be harder or easier as a public figure. On the one hand he has lots of support, on the other he may feel he needs to post public updates about the status of his health.

Regardless, fight on man, and good luck.

People that lose hope and give up die faster, I have seen this happen with my own eyes. Prayers are a call for hope, even if not religious, and hope means not giving up because there is still a chance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom