• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atelier Escha & Logy Plus confirmed for western release

Takao

Banned
NzAq5RV.jpg

http://www.koeitecmoexpo.com/

Shinriji

Maybe this time will be a NISA limited edition with a cart? Too bad Escha & Logy is the worst Atelier in a long, long time.

This is the first title I skipped the PS3 release of to wait for the inevitable Vita release.

Now I'm worried I won't be able to complete that trilogy on Vita since Shallie Plus isn't even a thing in Japan yet.

Korigama

That's nice, but irrelevant to me because I don't have a Vita (nor intend to get one). Will stick with the original PS3 version of E&L I've been neglecting.
Maybe this time will be a NISA limited edition with a cart? Too bad Escha & Logy is the worst Atelier in a long, long time.
Relatively curious about reasons for this. I've enjoyed what I've played so far, but at the same time, this was also my first game in the series (I also recall seeing it cited as a good choice for players new to the series).

Sitrus

With how shit the port to Vita was it was for the better. Better of playing it via remote play!

It surely isn't the best looking game but it sure is playable. Of course it can't measure up to the PS4 version though. At least it doesn't go overboard with bloom like Ys Celceta.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure why the screenshots have the HUD so blurry since it sure is the sharpest objects in-game.

18-Volt

Two Vita western release announcements in one day. Some legacy platform it is.

The fact Yoru isn't getting the Vita ver. localized is triggering me to no end.

I'm pretty sure they'll bring Vita version too after that twitter backlash. I mean they are releasing DW8 Empires Vita before Japan, it's obvious that they care about Vita.

Redhood

It surely isn't the best looking game but it sure is playable. Of course it can't measure up to the PS4 version though. At least it doesn't go overboard with bloom like Ys Celceta.

EDIT: Actually, I'm not sure why the screenshots have the HUD so blurry since it sure is the sharpest objects in-game.

Do you have a copy? Cause these pics are the only ones making rounds of the internet.

Care to give some impressions for frame rate too? I gave up on vita version because of this.

dkoy

Do you have a copy? Cause these pics are the only ones making rounds of the internet.

Care to give some impressions for frame rate too? I gave up on vita version because of this.

Look and weep my friend. https://imgur.com/a/Ol5uG

The tragic part is the poor resolution of HUD.

Maybe the blurriness in the screenshot is due to a difference in pixel density between the vita's screen and your monitor? Added to that the somewhat crappy quality of vita screenshots.

Raytow

What is with the Plus versions? Are they much better? I'd rather play them on PS3 which I own already
Framerate issues, but is turn based so no biggie, the worse was the lastest one from the Arland saga can't remember her name was a princess or something, hopefully Escha & Logy are better optimized.

Sitrus

Well cutscenes are on Ar Nosurge level. At bit janky, but watchable. Hub is pretty smooth. Battle framerate is from 20-30. 30 with dips to 20 with lots on the screen. The main drawback is the resolution which is comparable to main field in Celceta. If you have a PS4, get it for that version. If you only have a Vita, it may service you well enough. The menus run at 60fps though xD

You misspelled Shallie.

I'm not expecting a cart for this; I assume the only reason we get the Plus variants at all is because the digital-only release is relatively cheap.

Thoraxes

Maybe the blurriness in the screenshot is due to a difference in pixel density between the vita's screen and your monitor? Added to that the somewhat crappy quality of vita screenshots.

imgur compression aside, it's plain as day that it's a sub-native game.

Yasumi

Banned
Escha & Logy was probably my favorite Atelier in terms of alchemy mechanics, so this is a definite day 1 for me. Finally do my Logy playthrough.

Luigi87

One friend of mine will be thrilled, as she's been holding off on playing Escha & Logy, and Shallie, awaiting the Plus versions.

UCBooties

Fantastic! I'm pretty happy with all the localization announcements coming in lately.

Vita's not dead yet!

Shizuka said:
NISA limited edition when?

Is that something they've done before for the Vita Atelier games?

Top Bottom