• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Uncharted 4 Off-screen multiplayer gameplay | Gamersyde

nib95

Banned
Posted in the other thread but thought it deserved it's own thread. Much better look at the maps and general pace of gameplay.

Just put some off-screen MP footage online, 1080p and 60fps of course.
http://www.gamersyde.com/news_pgw_uncharted_4_mp_gameplay-17258_en.html
Don't expect amazing gameplay, as usual :)

Seems like the sliding spots don't let you climb up which provides natural spawn protection if you spawn uphill. Looks very smooth overall.

My earlier post on it.

Holy shit the map design looks fantastic. Massive, with loads of different areas and paths, tonnes of verticality, grappling spots, sliding spots, beautiful vistas, great use of textures, geometry etc.

EDIT 1:

Some new direct feed footage now as well.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xoyLGYUGT-M new video

Graphics look gorgeous. Yall are crazy!!!

They finally have good weapon sounds as well more importantly :)

this is how you design a multiplayer map

this actually looks fun as fuck

it has been a long time, like OG Unreal Tournament / Team Fortress 2 Custom long, since MP map design actually had me grinning.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
Can this thread not be about resolution please. We don't need three threads that all talk about the same thing.

Not being able to climb up surfaces you slide down needs to look way better. This hopping next to it looks bad.
Even if it makes sense from a map design perspective (can't judge based on this footage, it's mostly people being AFK) it still needs to be handled differently.

zsynqx

Yup looks amazing. Map design to player movement just looks so top class. As I said in the other thread it just flows so well with hardly any jank to animations, despite still look incredibly responsive! Also the graphics are amazing, don't know what people in other thread were smoking :L

Kill3r7

As I said in the main thread, thank you for the video. Still a mixed bag for me but the gameplay looks far better than what was shown in the trailer.

nib95

Banned
Can this thread not be about resolution please. We don't need three threads that all talk about the same thing.

Not being able to climb up surfaces you slide down needs to look way better. This hopping next to it looks bad.
Even if it makes sense from a map design perspective (can't judge based on this footage, it's mostly people being AFK) it still needs to be handled differently.

Could just have you take one step on to it then slip, or something along those lines. I do agree that currently the brick wall type animation of it doesn't really fit.

benny_a

Never played uc2 mp. How are you purists feeling after seeing this?
Looks good. The issue is never with how Naughty Dog games are at launch or beta but how they fuck it up after launch.

Be it pay to win skins that are silent or unbalanced guns that have to be purchased and such.

Edit: Also maybe make it so not everyone is Nathan Drake. You get assigned one of the player characters. This variety looked so cool in the trailer but when everyone is Drake it's a bit silly. :p

Tagg9

Looks awesome. The only thing they need to improve is designing the sliding spots in such a way that it's obvious you can't climb up them (you could see the player found this counter-intuitive).

The multiplayer looks absolutely fantastic in that video. Map design too. Can't wait to get my hands on this game this December.

Blimblim

The Inside Track
Let's set up a donation thingy to provide blimblim a 4k camera.

We actually have a much better camera, but the issue is that it's so good it gets every single black space between pixels and it makes the image look bad, so we have to do the videos slightly out of focus, so in the end our good old sony FX7 is much easier to use!

zsynqx

As expected this thread will be largely ignored. 900p is much more interesting to discuss than actual gameplay. (I am sure sony fanboys are just as bad when an xbox title is sub native so I am not taking sides).

Mikey Jr.

We actually have a much better camera, but the issue is that it's so good it gets every single black space between pixels and it makes the image look bad, so we have to do the videos slightly out of focus, so in the end our good old sony FX7 is much easier to use!

Blim, more please?

Also, this was running at 60fps?

Putty

Looks great! Animations looks stunning....900p or 480p, that's looks great, I just have desire to play the multi player portion.

foxbeldin

As expected this thread will be largely ignored. 900p is much more interesting to discuss than actual gameplay. (I am sure sony fanboys are just as bad when an xbox title is sub native so I am not taking sides).

I posted in both so i'm good !

I hope we'll get direct feed footage soon though. But i'm not sure i want more maps. It kindda spoils the sp locations. (Or maybe just the market from the e3 demo)

Hoo-doo

Banned
This does look great.

I'm going to miss the sharpness of 1080p, but 60fps also has it's place in multiplayer.

giphy.gif

Warxard

Banned
Okay, the downing system looks good, but there seems to be an incredibly long down-pickup time, and the down crawl speed looks ridiculously fast.

They should really reduce that to a slower speed. Not to mention if you're gonna do a downing system at least make it some sort of challenging incentive to push forward and get your kill instead of just shooting from afar safely. There needs to be some risk/reward to that kind of game design.

It's hard to gauge how many bullets it took to down someone because the player is so fucking garbage....

I wonder how the grappling hook will work in other maps. This map is fine, but I want to see the hook in other urban designs.

zsynqx

This does look great.

I'm going to miss the sharpness of 1080p, but 60fps also has it's place in multiplayer.

Singleplayer is where you do your graphics whoring. 900p isn't too bad, won't be very noticeable when you are in a frantic firefight in multi and honestly that footage looked like it had great IQ anyway.

Never played uc2 mp. How are you purists feeling after seeing this?

Looks like TLOU and Uncharted had a baby. Shares a lot of the UI from TLOU but the gameplay looks like Uncharted. Loving the map verticality.

As for the 900p/60fps, seriously guys if we managed to survive U2/U3/TLOU 720p/30fps multiplayers, then 900p/60fps is going to be just fine, hell better than fine.

benny_a

Okay, the downing system looks good, but there seems to be an incredibly long down-pickup time, and the down crawl speed looks ridiculously fast.

They should really reduce that to a slower speed. Not to mention if you're gonna do a downing system at least make it some sort of challenging incentive to push forward and get your kill instead of just shooting from afar safely. There needs to be some risk/reward to that kind of game design.
It would be silly if you couldn't shoot them from afar.

It certainly shouldn't require a kick or anything in melee range. Anyway, this needs to be played and experienced to judge. Before that it's just preference without understanding.

Melfice7

Things i noticed:

Having radar sucks

Revives from Last of us

No sprint?

items/weapons available to buy with ingame cash? power weapons all over again

You can see the hp of those who killed you

Seems like respawn waves from Last of us are back unfortunally

VanWinkle

Looks fantastic. I'm really excited. They need to find a way to make the not-able-to-climb-up-the-slope thing look more organic though, instead of an invisible wall. Steeper slopes or something.

dralla

Why the hell is there radar? :(

The down but not out thing looks lame too. I don't think this will be my type of multiplayer

Revven

No sprint?

GOOD. Sprint was fucking retarded in UC3. A standard movement speed is what Uncharted is about, not everyone running around like madmen. Sprint never worked well in UC3 MP even when they rebalanced it.

...I hope it's gone anyway.

Top Bottom