• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New jobs for FFVa: Dark Knight, Corsair?

duckroll

Himuro said:
TOSE will **** it up.

God I wish Square Enix themselves were doing these. -_-

If they aren't even developing the FF3 DS remake themselves, why would they be developing these ports? :)

jko

http://www.the-magicbox.com/0608/game060811c.shtml
ffv1.jpg

ffv.jpg

Red Scarlet

duckroll said:
http://www.rakuten.co.jp/edigi-game/407195/607977/1764027/

It's official now. The new jobs are not Dark Knight and Corsair, but Gladiator and Cannoneer! :lol

img10073684461.jpeg

The gladiator is a sword art expert, and has a skill (zenkiri) that attacks all enemies in a turn. He has another skill (kouretsugiri) that hits back rank enemies for the same amount of damage as front rank enemies.

The cannoneer uses a canon as the main weapon. One skill (gousei) allows combination of ammo and other items. Another skill (hougeki) uses up ammo to damage the enemy.

Hopefully those pics are representative of when you can get them. Kelgar's portrait is weird.

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
I wonder what they'll add for VI, probably just some lame Esper here or there -_-...

... And I'll buy it anyway because of that :/

Red Scarlet

Maybe they'll add the Czarina Dragon, fix the defense/evade/darkness bugs, and allow the Merit Award thing to let whoever equip the Ultima Weapon again!

Going by previous ones, they'll probably add some sidequest to revive Leo or something.

thefro

The big thing I think people would like them to add to the original FFVI game, judging on the reactions to the original game is a Sidequest
to bring back General Leo
and being able to
build your own airship by buying all 1200 1/1200th airship pieces in the auction house
:D

the new jobs sound remarkably pointless.

FFV doesn't require any powerleveling unless you're really bad at it. On my first playthrough I not only didn't spend any time grinding, I ran from about two-thirds of the dungeon fights.

thefro said:
The big thing I think people would like them to add to the original FFVI game, judging on the reactions to the original game is a Sidequest
to bring back General Leo
and being able to
build your own airship by buying all 1200 1/1200th airship pieces in the auction house
:D

dude they werent pieces of an airship
its a 1/1200th SCALE airship a model

thefro

pancakesandsex said:
dude they werent pieces of an airship
its a 1/1200th SCALE airship a model

Blame Ted Woosley for that, because in the SNES version, they were translated as airship pieces and people were posting online about how to get all 1200 and get another airship. :lol

jko

thefro said:
Blame Ted Woosley for that, because in the SNES version, they were translated as airship pieces and people were posting online about how to get all 1200 and get another airship. :lol
:lol :lol :lol
ted woosley is awesome

thefro said:
Speaking of factual mistakes, it's Woolsey. ;)

hitsugi

speaking of VI.. has there been any sort of date / website / ANY update on the FFVI port? FFV has a date and a site all to itself (JP and US), yet there's no mentioning at all of VI D:

hitsugi said:
speaking of VI.. has there been any sort of date / website / ANY update on the FFVI port? FFV has a date and a site all to itself (JP and US), yet there's no mentioning at all of VI D:

I think the general consensus is that it's been pushed back to 2007.

duckroll

FFVI has not been pushed back to 2007 exactly, they're just not announcing details yet. Since FFV is in Oct, FFVI should be Dec or so.

Here, enjoy some new FFV scans! :D

Red Scarlet

Butz/whatever looks like he's ready to pounce and eat someone, Galuf looks like Strago after a lobotomy, Lena looks like she's 90 years old, and Faris looks like Edgar from 6 after a massive crack session (the bugged out eyes). I've never liked Amano's character art. :/

Sallokin

What does that little blurb say about FFVIa on the right hand page of the second scan? Anything about a release date?

Red Scarlet

Doesn't look like it. Super Famicom game from 1994, updated graphics, something about heroic characters in the party, and maybe more story things added.

duckroll

Actually its just a blurb about FFVI in general and then "LOL MORE INFO LATER ROFL" plus the game date is Winter so it might be early 2007 after all!

duckroll said:
Actually its just a blurb about FFVI in general and then "LOL MORE INFO LATER ROFL" plus the game date is Winter so it might be early 2007 after all!

Gah! Why not just start giving it the full remake treatment if we're going to have to wait that long? The original could still be a VC download.

Sallokin

Well maybe 2007 is better after all, SE has a ton of stuff coming out in the next few months. I'll be spending a fair amount of time with V anyway considering it's the one I've played the least out of them all.

duckroll

cartman414 said:
Gah! Why not just start giving it the full remake treatment if we're going to have to wait that long? The original could still be a VC download.

It's not really long. FFV is October, at most FFVI would be 2-4 months after that. A remake would take another year or more. :p

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Red Scarlet said:
Maybe they'll add the Czarina Dragon, fix the defense/evade/darkness bugs, and allow the Merit Award thing to let whoever equip the Ultima Weapon again!

Going by previous ones, they'll probably add some sidequest to revive Leo or something.

Offtopic: Scarlet, what's a Czarina Dragon? And wasn't it always possible to equip everyone with the Merit Award? That's how I learned everyone Ultima I believe (with Ragnarok - Illuminati (sp?)) because I wanted the Esper. *confused*

duckroll said:
It's not really long. FFV is October, at most FFVI would be 2-4 months after that. A remake would take another year or more. :p

That's kind of the point. If I'm gonna wait, I'd rather wait a bit longer for the more ideal alternative.

Red Scarlet

Rei_Toei said:
Offtopic: Scarlet, what's a Czarina Dragon? And wasn't it always possible to equip everyone with the Merit Award? That's how I learned everyone Ultima I believe (with Ragnarok - Illuminati (sp?)) because I wanted the Esper. *confused*

The Czarina Dragon was another one of those sealed dragons..like the 'ultimate' one or something, but it was dummied out of the game. Something like that. IIRC, it's still in the game's code, but there's no way to get to it normally. There's been hacks of the rom with the Czarina Dragon fightable.

Everyone can equip the Merit Award, but it was changed from the Japanese version of the game how you could also equip the Ultima/Atma Weapon on whoever if you had the Merit Award equipped. You couldn't do that in the US one.

I made these when I played the Super Famicom version over the summer:
relm1.gif

relm2.gif

Rei_Toei

Fclvat sbe Pnanqn, ru?
Ah, I see, didn't know that. Thanks for clearing it up. I hope whatever is added to VI will be a little more then just little touches, but seeing what was added to IV and V that is probably unrealistic. I'm more curious though if there will be any significant improvements to the graphics. Guess we'll know soon.

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
The colours look significantly crisper and nicer than the original. The font is a little iffy, though, but that could also be the language barrier (I wouldn't be able to tell if that's readable or not).

Top Bottom