• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New jobs for FFVa: Dark Knight, Corsair?

Mandoric

Banned
ff5_a.jpg

The second is more sure than the first, but there aren't exactly many FF jobs with that kind of facemask, so both are pretty much sure.

Lady Bird

Matsuno's Goebbels
Those new jobs look totally awesome. So, "Corsair" will be a new FF job tradition? If that really ends up being Corsair, then I guess so.

Look at that knight. Wow. :D

yggdrasil

Diomedeskun said:
More classes can only make FFV more awesome. All classes are optional, so there is no need to complain.

Absolutely. Now let's hope TOSE irons out the battle system grunkiness from FFIVa.

bengraven

But will they improve the battle animations? Those dangly legs were a bit irritating.

Didn't they upgrade the graphics of FFIV?

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
Sweet! Reasons to replay this even though I just did it a few months ago.
When does the JPN version hit?

And I have little fear about the Va/VIa versions being messed up, since IVa was a WonderSwan port.

Blackace

if you see me in a fight with a bear, don't help me fool, help the bear!
Troidal said:
WTF? More bastardization of the original? :-/

I don't mind it at all... I think it is good that they give out some changes

yggdrasil

Aft Dread Pressure said:
Yeah, it's been fixed. I saw a post about that on acmlm boards.

Link?

I hated FFIVa at faster speeds (at which I always played the original) but didn't really learn my lesson until halfway or so through the Lunar Ruins. The difference was spectacular. This thread inspired me to finish up the LR with the other party members...

dark_chris said:
Corsair freakin rocks in XI, hope it does the same in V
Yup! It's probably the most fun I've had with any job in the game so far. Currently 56, it's so fun doing 600+ Slug Shots on Colibris (<3 piercing bonus). I love support jobs, and I've never taken a DD job so high before, so I really love it.

I will always have a COR in my FFV PT even if they suck. :lol

RevenantKioku

PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS PEINS oh god i am drowning in them
duckroll said:
JP version streets on the 12th of October.
Less than a month to hit US shores? Hmm. Don't think I can wait that long. Is gonna be sweet. :D

yggdrasil said:
Link?

I hated FFIVa at faster speeds (at which I always played the original) but didn't really learn my lesson until halfway or so through the Lunar Ruins. The difference was spectacular. This thread inspired me to finish up the LR with the other party members...

The turn order glitch was annoying, but the enemy speed not adjusting properly with your party glitch wasn't so bad. I just used it as a difficulty slider. I played at maximum speed most of the time, only turning it down for some bosses like Odin.

yggdrasil

Diomedeskun said:
The turn order glitch was annoying, but the enemy speed not adjusting properly with your party glitch wasn't so bad. I just used it as a difficulty slider. I played at maximum speed most of the time, only turning it down for some bosses like Odin.

I also hate that at certain times the battle engine fails to register input entirely, and yeah, multiple turns feel like cheating. I dropped my speed from 1 at
Lunar
Bahamut and marveled how much easier the game became. When battles are flying along at 1 and the engine drops input, it's really frustrating.

But the EU version fixed it?

Mandoric

Banned
cartman414 said:
Where'd you find the image? And what do the Corsair and Dark Knight classes do?

Duck linked it to me on IRC. Both Corsair and Dark Knight have most recently been damage-dealing jobs; Corsair a gun-user while Dark Knight melee-focused with either special abilities or black magic, depending on the implementation.

somari said:
Looks more like FF3's Viking class than a Dark Knight.

viking.gif

Eh? Eh?

I see the horns, but Lenna doesn't have them. All in all creepy masks and blacked-out eyes say Dark Knight more to me.

PC Gaijin

Yo, where's Puppetmaster? Lolpup...

And before any PUP fans (do they exist?) jump on me...I leveled dragoon to 68 in FFXI so I know some of the pain you're going through now. =P

Isn't Faris ALREADY a corsair? ;)

Anyway, cool news, thanks for the heads up :) I think a lot of people guessed Dark Knight would be one of the additions and that obviously turned out to be true ... I guess it was pretty obvious. Corsair is a bit surprising, but that's cool; I like something unexpected!

Sallokin

I'm super excited to see how these new jobs play. Let's just hope the game doesn't have the same problems as IVa did.

Shouta

PC Gaijin said:
Yo, where's Puppetmaster? Lolpup...

And before any PUP fans (do they exist?) jump on me...I leveled dragoon to 68 in FFXI so I know some of the pain you're going through now. =P

I'll eat you! You should be lolsam or lolblm for those jobs cause I outparsed 2 of each this weekend. :lol

Anyway, the job does have issues, no denying that.

I hope the port is good for this, I'd like to have FFV on the go that isn't crappy.

jko

duckroll said:
http://gmstar.com/gb/ff5.html

Retailers are reporting the new contents in FFV GBA now.

- Optimized Game Systems (uh oh)
- Improved Graphics (lol)
- New Jobs (mmmm)
- EX Dungeon (expected)
- 120% port! (haha marketing)
man uh-oh is right, the balance in FFV is pretty darn perfect as it is, unless they make it slightly HARDER, im upset already. ;p

Pachinko

FFV needs to be made easier.. well the later portions of the game atleast. I gave up on it becuase I got sick of level grinding for 4 hours just to finish the next dungeon and not becuase I needed regular levels but becuase I needed better jobs and you can't transfer JP so...

duckroll

http://www.rakuten.co.jp/edigi-game/407195/607977/1764027/

It's official now. The new jobs are not Dark Knight and Corsair, but Gladiator and Cannoneer! :lol

img10073684461.jpeg

The gladiator is a sword art expert, and has a skill (zenkiri) that attacks all enemies in a turn. He has another skill (kouretsugiri) that hits back rank enemies for the same amount of damage as front rank enemies.

The cannoneer uses a canon as the main weapon. One skill (gousei) allows combination of ammo and other items. Another skill (hougeki) uses up ammo to damage the enemy.

That's not quite as exciting as I'd hoped. I would've liked to see jobs that weren't in FFV but were elsewhere in FF get represented. Dark Knight would've been a good choice.

Actually, I just realized right now that I was secretly hoping they'd add Mascot class to FFV. :lol

MoxManiac

Pachinko said:
FFV needs to be made easier.. well the later portions of the game atleast. I gave up on it becuase I got sick of level grinding for 4 hours just to finish the next dungeon and not becuase I needed regular levels but becuase I needed better jobs and you can't transfer JP so...

Stop being a wuss

tanasten

glad to heard people isn't stupid anymore
Final Fantasy V was my firts Final Fantasy game back then in 1995/6. I did end it withouth knowing nothing of japanese. Being able to play in Spanish is like a dream to me.

I hope they doesn't scracht nothing from the original.

P.S: Grapichs could have been improved ...

duckroll

Okay so here's what we know that's CONFIRMED for FFV Advance so far:

- New opening
- Event scenes now have face art for major characters
- Two new jobs: Gladiator and Cannoneer
- New extra dungeon
- Kanji display in the font
- Game system optimizations
- Graphical improvements

Stumpokapow

listen to the mad man
How could anyone find FF5 hard? Powerlevel the jobs and then switch everyone to neutral class. There are several places in the game that are total AP sinks. There's a castle basement that every fight is either 4-5 statues or 8 statues, the statues can be one-hitted through several skills, and the battle gives 6 or 12AP.

Remember, when you're in "neutral" / bare class, your stats are the best of all classes. Master thief and your neutral speed/agility will be high. Master every class, and every stat will be high.

Top Bottom