• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Rocket league "Mutator Mashup" patch now Live.

V1.08

THE HEADLINES

"Mutator Mashup" has been added to Unranked Playlist menu
Custom Mutator settings are available in Exhibition and Private Match
Titles can now be swapped or disabled in the Garage
Improved turn radius on Venom, Paladin, Merc, Scarab, and Backfire
Spectator input is now required when skipping replays in Private Match
Weather Effects can now be toggled on/off
Added 13 new Video Game Antennas including: Fallout, Oddworld, Driveclub(PS4), and Unreal Tournament
Added 7 new Community Flags
Complete list below...

NEW CONTENT

Antennas
Dave’s Bread
Game Awards - Statue
Reddit Snoo
Added "Community Flags"
Day[9]TV
Game Awards - Logo
PC Gamer
PS Nation
Reddit
RL Garage
Something Awful
Added "Video Games"
(PS4) Driveclub
Fallout - Vault Boy
Oddworld - Abe
Oddworld - Glukkon
Oddworld - Necrum
Oddworld - Rupture Farms
Unreal Frag Center
Unreal Tournament
Unreal Tournament (Classic)
Unreal Tournament - Blue
Unreal Tournament - Flak Shell
Unreal Tournament - Red
Unreal Tournament 2004

NEW FEATURES

Mutators
Mutators have officially arrived; featuring a suite of alternative presets and settings that add depth, variety, and crazy rocket-powered fun to custom games.
"Mutator Mashup" has been added to the Online playlist menu. This playlist allows users to face off in a 3v3 online playlist that cycles randomly through the following mutator presets:
Beach Ball - A huge, slow, lightweight ball with a lot of bounce
Cubic - Cube shaped ball and recharging boost
Moonball - Low gravity action with a whole lot of boost
Pinball - The ball is small, light, fast and bouncy… and a lot to handle
Time Warp - Slow down the action as you get close to the ball
"Mutator Settings" menu has been added to the Create Match screen in Exhibition and Private Match. This menu allows users to users to alter their Exhibition/Private Match with the following presets and options:
Presets
Beach Ball - A huge, slow, lightweight ball with a lot of bounce
Cubic - Cube shaped ball and recharging boost
Demolition - Demolish opponents on contact in a high gravity matchup
Moonball - Low gravity action with a whole lot of boost
Pinball - The ball is small, light, fast and bouncy… and a lot to handle
Time Warp - Slow down the action as you get close to the ball
Custom Options
Match Length - 5, 10, 20 Minutes, and Unlimited
Max Score - Unlimited, 1 Goal, 3 Goals, 5 Goals
Game Speed - Default, Slo-Mo, Time Warp
Ball Max Speed - Default, Slow, Fast, Super Fast
Ball Type - Default, Cube
Ball Weight - Default, Light, Heavy, Super Light
Ball Size- Default, Small, Large, Gigantic
Ball Bounciness- Default, Low, High, Super High
Boost Amount - Default, Unlimited, Recharge (Slow), Recharge (Fast), No Boost
Boost Strength - 1x, 1.5x, 2x, 10x
Gravity - Default, Low, High, Super High
Demolish - Default, Disabled, Friendly Fire, On Contact, On Contact (FF)
Respawn Time - 3 Seconds, 2 Seconds, 1 Second

CHANGES AND UPDATES

Gameplay
The turn radius on Venom, Paladin, Merc, Scarab, and Backfire has been improved
"Mutator Mashup" now appears in the Unranked Playlists
"Mutator Settings" menu now appears in Exhibition and Private Match
UI/ UX
User can now select from all available titles or disable them completely in the "Titles" tab to Garage menu
Users can now toggle Weather Effects on/off from the "Video" tab in the Options menu
Control menu now uses digits: 1, 2, 3, 4 instead of the words: one, two, three, four for keybindings
Spectators must now select "Skip Replay" in private matches in order to skip replays
Misc.
(PC) Users can now see other steam users they recently played with by selecting View -> Players in Steam

BUG FIXES

General
(PS4) Fixed a rare issue which would not allow users to unlock Sweet Tooth
Fixed an issue in which vehicle remnants would remain on the field after destructions
Fixed an issue with boost pads not always being collectible immediately after kickoff reset
Disable crossplay option will now function properly
Ranked
Ranked match winners will correctly get full RP for wins even if an opponent leaves the game
Leaving a 1v1 match will no longer apply the maximum RP penalty, only the normal amount for a loss
Leaving a 2v2 or 3v3 match will now only apply the maximum RP penalty to the first player who quits the match
UI/ UX
(PC) Improved controller detection when plugging in after boot
(PC) Improved Steam Avatar handling in game
Fixed issues with disappearing player nameplates

Psyonix continues being awesome. Oddworl and fallout items, removing weather effects, mutators! These guys are too damn good.

Danlord

I have had a few games and it's definitely mixing it up.

One was moon gravity with beach-ball which was super heavy and fast boost recharge and that took ages for someone to score. Another was tiny ball with slow recharge and time warp and that was slightly frustrating, it slows down every few seconds intermittently and I see why it might be fun but I didn't find it fun. Overall I'm glad for the inclusion, although not played enough to unlock Abe and Vault Boy antennas yet.

Hey remember cross platform parties that was a cool thing to stop working on.

Love the game don't get me wrong but did they drop that idea?

Soulflarz

Banned

They said it's hell on earth to do -- but it is doable iirc?

So they put their resources to keeping the game fresh. And at this point in the games life, actual content to keep the game alive is much more welcome than cross platform parties.

dave is ok

aztek is ok
You can do cross platform custom games, but they aren't making it so you can form parties across platforms. Apparently it would be a nightmare to maintain.

It's not gonna happen. They would need to create their own backend to replace PSN and Steam and have someone supervising it 24/7 in case it goes down. They said as a small developer it's very hard to do. Realistically the commitment probably outweighs the payoffs for them.

Ferrio

Banned
So every car have different attributes? I though they were just skins??

Yes cars have attributes, but they're not like variables that are adjustable. It all has to do with the actual models/physics of the cars.

Kayant

OMGGGGGGG!!!! Thanks for the heads up.

Improved turn radius on Venom, Paladin, Merc, Scarab, and Backfire
Spectator input is now required when skipping replays in Private Match
Very nice.

Certinty

I still can't invite PC friends into my PS4 party?

Great update though, best online game I've ever played and it's only getting better.

vvise

Ranked
Ranked match winners will correctly get full RP for wins even if an opponent leaves the game
Leaving a 1v1 match will no longer apply the maximum RP penalty, only the normal amount for a loss
Leaving a 2v2 or 3v3 match will now only apply the maximum RP penalty to the first player who quits the match

good good and good.

Ran rp

Yes. Bigtime.

anigif_enhanced-buzz-23567-1401374124-4.gif

PhaZZe

Banned
This games is amazing. i play everyday with friends like 3 matches. Thanks to psyonix for this amazing game

Consumer

Holy shit, I've been waiting for this for weeks. My favorite game just got a hell of a lot better. I'll be playing this for way too many hours.

Putosaure

Played three matches with the mutators.

You guessed it : it's insane.

The game was already fun, it has gone beyond fun. It's madness now. You never know how it will play.

First match was a mix of small and fast ball, plus high and fast rebound. Cars were litterally chasing the ball, which flew from side to side like in a tennis match. Amazing match.

Second match was slow turbo refilling, and cube ball. With a ball like that you basically have to hit hard or try to push it directly.

My last match was just with the Time Warp mutator, which is basically a random use of slomo throughout the entire game, which led to fun situations.

Definitive GOTY, I'm gonna gift a friend who wait for the linux version.

Top Bottom