• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Atlus USA will release Odin Sphere Leifthrasir: Storybook Edition for the PS4

Rephin

I'm more okay with a shirt than a statue. If I want a statue I can grab one of the better made ones off Amiami or something instead of the usual crappy pack-in SE statues most games come with. Any idea when preorders go up?

Wereroku

Well I'm yet to receive an art-book with a game that I haven't found to be completely rubbish, but YMMV.

The Demon's Souls CE box was pretty nice. Was a strategy guide but also had a lot of concept art. Had an ink problem but they had a free return program for defective ones.

Soriku

I haven't seen the boxart before. Looks hot.

Odin-Sphere-Leifthrasir-PS4.jpg

I never heard of Odin Sphere but after some youtube researching it appears to be mix between character action and action rpg?

This looks so good, how have I missed this for so long?

Ultimadrago

I never heard of Odin Sphere but after some youtube researching it appears to be mix between character action and action rpg?

This looks so good, how have I missed this for so long?

Disclaimer: As with other Vanillaware titles, there's a lot of recycling content and repeat combos to get through the story (and to True End, though I believe they're streamlining the True End reqs this time?)

The Dragon's Crown one is great.

Pethaps the new standalone one, but the one that came (okay, free) with the early prints was servicable, but cheap. It did have some killer guest artwork in it, still.

Well I'm yet to receive an art-book with a game that I haven't found to be completely rubbish, but YMMV.

The formfactor is the giveaway. If it's a nice chunky A4 book bigger than, say 50 pages, it's an amazing CE.

If it's a puny, 32 page softcover A5, fuggedaboutit.

'Design Not Final' means wait and see, but most of the Atlus CEs I've looked at did not feature beautiful, big chunky artbooks, and this one looks to top out at a B5, which is on the puny side.

Knights in the Nightmare. Although this could be considered a character bio book with MASSIVE spoilers rather than an artbook.

Was still one of the best pre-order bonuses ever created.

FLD

Kind of a bummer that it's PS4-exclusive but I rarely go for CEs these days anyway. Even if there was a Vita version I'd probably just stick with the regular edition.

I somehow missed that this was confirmed to be coming west, though. I assumed it would but confirmation is always nice.

atlusprime

Atlus PR

*at participating retailers. Make sure to check w/ your store before you pre-order. (should be most major game sellers though)

The formfactor is the giveaway. If it's a nice chunky A4 book bigger than, say 50 pages, it's an amazing CE.

If it's a puny, 32 page softcover A5, fuggedaboutit.

'Design Not Final' means wait and see, but most of the Atlus CEs I've looked at did not feature beautiful, big chunky artbooks, and this one looks to top out at a B5, which is on the puny side.

It's 64 pages, and should be appx. the same dimensions as the Dragon's Crown one.

Pre-orders should be rolling out any time now - they were supposed to open up at 1 p.m. PDT

Ultimadrago

It's 64 pages, and should be appx. the same dimensions as the Dragon's Crown one.

Pre-orders should be rolling out any time now - they were supposed to open up at 1 p.m. PDT

Same dimensions? Aww man. That's a little small, but it is only $80 for game, sturdy outercase, print, hardcover plus shirt too. I certainly dig the affordable price.

Wereroku

*at participating retailers. Make sure to check w/ your store before you pre-order. (should be most major game sellers though)

What size is the shirt going to be?

JKTrix

I said 'Meh', but then I saw
Redesigned for more action!: The controls and mechanics refined in Dragon's Crown have been fine-tuned and carried over to Odin Sphere Leifthrasir.

Back on board.

Top Bottom