• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

New 3 min long Pokémon DS video

MutFox

Banned
That looks awesome!
Hmmm... I need a DS. :(

But now I'm torn between buying a DSlite or buying a Bass Guitar. :/

Bo130

A better quality video is now up - this one requires you to download it, but it's loads better quality! :) Enjoy :D

EDIT: It's the second of the two links :)

Neomoto

On that website, n-touch.dk, it says this at the gameinfo:

Spillere:
1-8

Can someone explain me this? What can you do in the game for 8 players at the same time? I can think of "double battles" (2vs2, 1 pokemon a player) but that would have at the most "only" 4 players?

Btw, great video thanks :) Can't wait for this game!

Bo130

BrodiemanTTR said:
Bo130 your information is top-notch and your avatar is adorable.

Lol, thanks - it's Tingle's dog <3 :lol

Anyway, the 8 players is confirmed on the official website

(Single: 1 player)
(Multi: 2-8 players)

http://www.nintendo.co.jp/ds/adpj/index.html

If I recall correctly, we haven't heard anything specific about 8-player, but I'd imagine it'd be something of a small tournament with 8 players - just a guess though.

One of the first things we heard about the game, though, was that it allowed for up to 16 players online - dunno why they took that out, but I'd imagine it's the same plan they have, just... smaller :)

Neomoto

Ok thanks :) Looking forward to more information about 8 player features. A (small) online tournament would be awesome

Bo130

Sorry to bump this, but people seem to wake up around this hour, and there's really no reason why DS-fans shouldn't see this movie - it's one of the best yet by far, IMO. I absolutely love the cruiser :D

Love the animation as the pokemon are encountered.
Hate that they wont add better pokemon cries. This finger nails across chalkboard needs to stop.

Also I wish they would add like a pokemon sanctuary or somthing, where you could let your party out, and they could just roam around or somthing.

cvxfreak

Lavpa Jasai said:
Love the animation as the pokemon are encountered.
Hate that they wont add better pokemon cries. This finger nails across chalkboard needs to stop.

Also I wish they would add like a pokemon sanctuary or somthing, where you could let your party out, and they could just roam around or somthing.

Is that what the Pokemon Garden is? I have no clue.

I agree about the cries. In the world of 128MB DS carts (not like the cost of those will be an issue considering the sales of the game), we need downgraded anime-ish samples.

cvxfreak said:
I agree about the cries. In the world of 128MB DS carts (not like the cost of those will be an issue considering the sales of the game), we need downgraded anime-ish samples.

Am I the only one who actually kind of digs them keeping the original style cries? I mean so much has changed in the series, I think it's nice that they keep a bit of tradition.

cvxfreak

BrodiemanTTR said:
Am I the only one who actually kind of digs them keeping the original style cries? I mean so much has changed in the series, I think it's nice that they keep a bit of tradition.

I guess the option to keep them would be fine, but I think it's a fairly substandard decision in 2006.

threeball

Banned
BUT POKEMON IS KIDDY!!!!

-98.3% of the male population of any High School in the US. But damn I want this game so bad

Busaiku

Haven't played a Pokemon game since Yellow, so I'm wondering what's up with that Morning/Afternoon/Night thing (or is that new to this game)?
And snow?
Pretty swanky stuff.

Busaiku said:
Haven't played a Pokemon game since Yellow, so I'm wondering what's up with that Morning/Afternoon/Night thing (or is that new to this game)?
And snow?
Pretty swanky stuff.

The different times of day was introed in the Gold/Silver/Crystal era(the games that immediately followed Yellow). The game actually had a clock were based on the time certain events would happen, or even certain Pokemon become more common/less common and such. Of course, some this was scaled back(much to everyone's displeasure) in Ruby/Sapphire.

Emotions

I hadn't played a pokemon game since Gold but late last year i got FR and LF in preparation for D/P and this year i got S/R/E and they're great, i can't wait for D/P next year.

Juice

Wow.... this thing is going to rape Japan in the ass.

The yen might actually weaken after Nintendo cashes all of its checks back into dollars.

yonder

Why the hell is everybody so excited?! It's the same game as before! YOU CAN'T EVEN WALK IN EIGHT DIRECTIONS!

I'm still buying it, though :(

Aurora

I'm so insanely excited.

I hope they include loads of sidequests and stuff to do outside of the main adventure. I also hope they've included loads of exotic and tropical locations. Pokémon Rainforest FTW!

Jiggy

Okay, so it looks like we can at least temporarily change outfits during contests... I'll settle for that for now. Gives me hope for fully customizable trainers later, anyway.
But yeah, I've said it already over a hundred times: this game will be awesome. Translate it fast, guys. :( I don't even care if there are no lines as classic as R/B/Y's "I dropped my balls!" or "I like shorts! They're comfortable and easy to wear!"

Neomoto said:
Can someone explain me this? What can you do in the game for 8 players at the same time? I can think of "double battles" (2vs2, 1 pokemon a player) but that would have at the most "only" 4 players?
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/contest.shtml
http://www.serebii.net/diamondpearl/underground.shtml

Probably at least one of those two things. I'm guessing probably also, yeah, a tournament setup, and a Union Room (FR/LG/E) style feature where all of the players are put in a room together and can walk around challenging each other.

What I'm hoping is for an expansion of the Battle Frontier to allow for multiplayer... Battle Pyramid co-op, Battle Pike competitive, Battle Factory competitive, etc. But, of course, nothing's even been said about whether the BF is making a return yet--which is just about the only criticism I have for D/P.

Yonn said:
Why the hell is everybody so excited?! It's the same game as before! YOU CAN'T EVEN WALK IN EIGHT DIRECTIONS!
Judging by GAF reactions to the likes of Yoshi's Island 2 and Mega Man ZX, nobody cares if a lot of the mechanics stay similar as long as they were great to begin with.

cvxfreak

I'd count on the third game having the Battle Frontier. But it'd be nice if we got to return to Hoenn in this game, and could revisit the BF.

yonder

Jiggy37 said:
Judging by GAF reactions to the likes of Yoshi's Island 2 and Mega Man ZX, nobody cares if a lot of the mechanics stay similar as long as they were great to begin with.
The mechanics of the game were great when Red/Blue were released. Now it's getting a bit tired.

oceans.jpg

And why still bother with the zig-zag enviroments? It's old and ugly, get rid of it.

Top Bottom