• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Here's your big chance to unlock MGSV secret ending [SPOILER]

Ludens

Banned
Konami just published this:

OphmP5R.jpeg

Those are the nukes left needed to unlock the hidden Nuclear Disarmament ending.

XBox users have a good chance to unlock it in some minutes, here is what you need to do to unlock it:

-first of all, if you have nukes on your MotherBase, dismantle them: they are useless anyway, since some skilled player will steal them in no time. Having a nuke means being a target for invasion
-go under Fob Missions, select targets with nuclear weapons and invade their fobs: nukes are near the core, usually you can find one nuke or four nukes. You just need to fulton them and than, in the resources menu, you need ti dismantle them. Even if you fail on reaching the core, you will still get nukes you stole, just dismantle them.

EDIT: Update with official info by Konami
http://www.konami.jp/mgs5/tpp/en/news/20151126.html

Ludens

Banned
The number is not legit. They are hackers. I've played the game for 100+ hours and don't even have a nuke.

No I think the number of nukes on Steam is legit, numbers on leaderboards are hacked of course. Fact is, cheaters can create how many nukes they want with zero effort, if someone steals them 4 nukes, they can create them again in no time.

The fact you play 100 hours and you don't own a nuke means nothing, because:

-you choose not to create one
-you did not steal one from an enemy Fob.

Auto_aim1

MeisaMcCaffrey
No I think the number of nukes on Steam is legit, numbers on leaderboards are hacked of course. Fact is, cheaters can create how many nukes they want with zero effort, if someone steals them 4 nukes, they can create them again in no time.

The fact you play 100 hours and you don't own a nuke means nothing, because:

-you choose not to create one
-you did not steal one from an enemy Fob.
I see. I don't think I had the resources to create one anyway.

Ugh. The cutscene that plays was so dumb anyway. I just watched it on YouTube. Would be cool if people triggered it normally though.

Is it possible to get out of demon mode afterwards?

Yeah, I'm pretty sure (no permanent blood, but the horn looks a little longer...) I'm not in demon mode. I made a nuke and then dismantled it. But I also have like 800k hero points, so you might just need a lot of those?

Kalor

It's weird that they are coming out and saying how many nukes are left. Though I guess mentioning it means that more people might come back to the game and therefore might spend money.

FranXico

It's weird that they are coming out and saying how many nukes are left. Though I guess mentioning it means that more people might come back to the game and therefore might spend money.

That's right. Ironically, the thought of the one thing that would bring the most people (and therefore money) back - ending the virtual extortion racket - never crosses their minds.

ZeroX03

Banned
Might rent the game and develop 1 Nuke.

My revenge. My Phantom Pain existing forever.

Fuck yeah, I'm doing it.

That wouldn't work for a bunch of reasons, namely you have to constantly defend your nuke from players and the amount of time it takes to develop a nuke is very long for a rental.

Yukinari

Literally the only good part about that ending is Snake's little monologue at the end.

Im surprised it took this long for them to do this, should have done it before the PC version was out.

Mr. RHC

Literally the only good part about that ending is Snake's little monologue at the end.

Im surprised it took this long for them to do this, should have done it before the PC version was out.

I don't want to be a hater but I think Sutherland's performance was subpar there.

Fuck yeah, I'm doing it.

You have to beat the game in order to even unlock the ability to develop one, and once you have all the resources necessary to do it it takes another 24 hours of non-skippable, in-game playtime before it's ready. There are better ways to get revenge on a shitty company than playing their game for fifty hours :p

Ludens

Banned

Fuck yeah, I'm doing it.

Someone will steal it one minutes after you develop it and dismantled it. In the end you just lose your money for renting the game :D

Don't know why I bothered to turn this game back on to get this. Forgot just how much it sucks, especially the FOB stuff. How about sending me a list of people who aren't being invaded so I can actually do an invasion myself? Why is everything about this game so poorly designed?

I've not made a nuke yet. Too much time and effort getting all the materials and waiting for them to process. Should get round to it just so I can dismantle it afterwards.

Ludens

Banned
I've made 3 nukes.

2 were stolen, not even mad, just well impressed.

Actually stealing a nuke is very easy. When Konami introduced new changes in 1.06 patch I had some difficulty on reaching the core, now I got used and I did it everytime, like before 1.06.

If you own a nuke, probably it will be stolen a second after you develop it.

I played for 120 hours and I will probably have to play another 100 to gather resources to make a nuke. But one thing I don't understand, if you make a nuke and than don't go online, how can it get stolen ?

Actually stealing a nuke is very easy. When Konami introduced new changes in 1.06 patch I had some difficulty on reaching the core, now I got used and I did it everytime, like before 1.06.

If you own a nuke, probably it will be stolen a second after you develop it.

What if I disconnect from the internet before the development timer finishes and immediately dismantle it? I'm kind of mortified by the idea that I could spend 24 hours building this thing and then miss out on the Trophy for dismantling it, because under no circumstances am I going to do that shit twice.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
Been trying to invade nuclear equipped fob for an hour. Can't invade since another player keep invading.
Such lust for chapter 3

That wouldn't work for a bunch of reasons, namely you have to constantly defend your nuke from players and the amount of time it takes to develop a nuke is very long for a rental.

Damn. Considering I don''t want to spend 4 grand a month for insurance Konami can stuff it.

Might have actually altered my opinion. Shame.

Top Bottom