• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Why MGSVTPP Nuclear Disarmament Event it's impossible to reach thanks Konami: PROOF!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kazuhira

You get a cutscene and more hero points when you return to the ACC afaik,that's all.
I think the closest we ever got to disarming every nuke was with the X360 version of the game,500ish i think..

Cartho

Am I the only one who started to read this, kinda glazed over by the third paragraph and then skipped to the end?

Jebusman

Banned
OP linking to your video in this doesn't make this any less ridiculous.

Like it takes 5 seconds of research to find out that Konami has not actually stated, at any point, there is a "Chapter 3". Just a secret cutscene that can only be played once nukes reach 0.

That's it.

The reason why you can't achieve that is because Konami is inept and doesn't feel like fixing their game.

There's no magic secret conspiracy there. It's just Konami not giving a fuck about putting that much money or time into fixing certain bugs in MGSV.

Can I get a TLDR? FFS......

"I can't let go of the idea that Chapter 3 exists so I'm going to write a book on how Konami is playing us all like fiddles.

I'm also going to repeatedly tweet at them with this theory"

Bishop89

1324359129980.gif

We hold our rifles in missing hands. We stand tall on missing legs. We stride forward on the bones of our fallen. Then, and only then, are we alive. This "Pain" is ours and no one else's. A secret weapon we wield, out of sight. We will be stronger than ever. For our peace... Still, It doesn't feel like this is over...

Geg

I don't understand why so many people believed a Chapter 3 was going to be in the game when Chapter 2 wasn't even finished lol

Spacejaws

I think I need a train journey to absorb this as it is currently like my brain is an old school typewriter which someone has mashed their fist down on the keys.

I am currently on a train journey to Newcastle and this actually made sense...sure the OP's is pretty heavily invested in it but ultimately Konami is tasking players with removing all nukes as achievable, there's real money involved with the microtrasaction incentives but all the while there is a glitch that makes it impossible.

kuYuri

The person who did this research is the one who's delusional if they think Konami actually announced Chapter 3 is a thing when completing nuke disarmament.

They are making up their own story with that one.

strafer

And even if Chapter 3 were to happen it wouldn't involve Kojima, so why even bother.

Would love to hear what Kojima originally had planned for the game before he left though, like that unfinished mission Kingdom of the Flies.

...Given that Konami has been promoting Nuclear Disarmament and that Nuclear Disarmament is significant to unlocking “Chapter 3”...

Umm... this is completely made up. Nobody has ever said that.

The permanent nuke situation definitely shines a light on the bad design of the FOB multiplayer, but everything else in the OP is ludicrous.

BTA

Can someone summarize what the hell OP is saying in 1-3 paragraphs that they should have written instead of this?

All I'm understanding is there's a bug with nukes and also OP cares about it way more than anyone should.

Rather: I was gonna say it's sorta neat that people still care about trying to get that ending but then the post kept going and going and going and going.

Arkeband

Banned
You realize that the disarmament cutscene was already leaked to YouTube and that Chapter 3 was never actually finished or coded, right?

Kazuhira

I don't understand why so many people believed a Chapter 3 was going to be in the game when Chapter 2 wasn't even finished lol

I was a believer at one point,maybe the first 7-8 months after release.
Considering that kojima did something similar with Peace Walker the idea sound possible,also the fact that they found the Chapter 3 title card after datamining the game just made things even worse.
Also that interview with Kojima saying that we will return to Ground Zeroes during TPP and that the game is already complete.

Way more effort has been put into this than makes any real sense. What the hell.

Also things like this:

Make the writer sound like a real scummy piece of shit.
Even if Ch3 doesn't exist, this guy doesn't sound scummy, he just sounds pissed off. No different than everyone going "#fuckonami"

Joey Ravn

Banned
This isn't surprising. It was in the song all along.

I'm nuclear,
I'm wild.

He clearly didn't say "I'm nuclear, but I'll be able to stop being nuclear in the future". Duh.

striferser

Huge Nickleback Fan
This is konami decided to not give a single fuck and not letting nuke count goes to zero. Though i must admit, i want to see someone achieved zero nuclear ending. That'll be phenomenal

LOL basically every MGS fan at some point in their MGS loving career. All of us have a bit of a Charlie in us.

Sounds a bit far fetched. I don't think Chapter 3 will ever happen. I used to want to believe it was some epic stunt Koijma was pulling but that clearly wasn't the case.

Jebusman

Banned
OP I appreciate you keep updating the OP but not actually reply to anyone in the thread, and just seemingly dig the whole deeper.

Jebusman

Banned
Actually OP I don't think I have the time to deconstruct every dumb youtube video you're going to post, but that first one about the Chapter 3 thing.

It's the most ridiculous "seeing what you want to see" grasping at a conspiracy theory that video games are likely to see.

It's right up there with school yard "If you do this 1 million times Sonic jumps into your Mario game!" level fanfiction.

There is no Chapter 3. Accept this and move on.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom