• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

How did you decorate for Christmas this year? Show us.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Christopher

Hey everyone!

Just wanted to see what you guys came up with as your christmas decorations! This is the first full year (December 23rd) that we lived in this house and I wanted to do it big! My favorite Christmas movie is Home ALone 1 & 2 and I always loved the idea of a huge house with all your family over. So in my mind, I tried to recreate it as warm as possible. Here's my house - what did you guys do!?

• Sent via iPhone

• Sent via iPhone

Regiruler

Looks very nice

I put up multicolored christmas lights in my dorm room and that's about it. My family decorated the house without me, which is fine by me.

Ecto311

Already? I let my wife do the decorating about 3 days prior and remove them all the day after. xmas is one day not all month.

McDougles

tumblr_mapbzk5BNA1ra8acuo1_500.jpg

I don't decorate. Don't see any reason to either. Put stuff up just to take it down a month later. Nah, too much work for no gain. Don't like having to store useless crap either.

Decorating is a lot of work but man, some of you are buzzkills.

Lmao I thought the same thing.

OP your place looks nice, I don't really get into that kind of decorating but when you go over someone's house who has it decked out like that it feels all warm and Christmassy.

We put up our tree and wreath the Sunday after thanksgiving. I've been lazy though and haven't done outside lights. Getting dangerously close to where it's not worth doing the outside. No pics. I was once young like most of gaf, and while maybe not as much of a scrooge as gaf I started embracing the season in my late 20s. Now I love it, puts me in a good mood this time of year.

Nista

We haven't started decorating yet, but our tree arrives next weekend. Since we are in CA, we decided to try renting a live tree instead chopping one down like we used to back east.

I also want to find a crazy inflatable thing for outside, since we are right by a walking trail and people will see it day in and day out.

lethial

Reeeeeeee
We haven't started decorating yet, but our tree arrives next weekend. Since we are in CA, we decided to try renting a live tree instead chopping one down like we used to back east.

I also want to find a crazy inflatable thing for outside, since we are right by a walking trail and people will see it day in and day out.

Renting a tree? Haha what the hell

Nokterian

I never decorate my house since it is too small and i know already my kitten is going to have fun to destroy it since she never saw it yet.

Nista

Renting a tree? Haha what the hell

Yeah, we got it from the Living Christmas company. It's good that they deliver and pick up, since neither of us has a vehicle that fits a tree, unless I put it in the passenger seat straight up. :) We thought about buying a live tree from a local nursery, but the house we are renting doesn't have enough of a yard to plant an evergreen and let it flourish.

It's more expensive for sure than getting a random tree off a lot, but since they do stuff with charitable organizations it's not the worst waste of holiday money ever. It's fun to try different things as well, last year we were visiting relatives so didn't have a tree at all.

I'll have to post pictures once it's here and decorated. It's going to be smaller than my last tree back home which we got from a local farm and I needed a ladder to decorate the top of.

mollipen

I would have hated to have grown up in some of your households. When I was growing up, we decorated right after Thanksgiving, and it was something I always looked forward to. It's one of the reasons I have such fond feelings for the Christmas season.

And for the "it's not worth the trouble" people, I feel like you're also the type to say it's not worth cooking yourself a delicious meal when you could just go buy cheap stuff that'll fill you up in the same way.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom