• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Gone Home finally coming to consoles (PS4/XB1)

Ekai

That's good news! More exposure is always great. Hopefully it doesn't get plagued by more people screaming about it not being a game.

J-Skee

What? I thought the console port got cancelled. I had to borrow my girlfriend's laptop to play it. Good news overall, though.

AtticuSMT

Banned
Oddly enough for it being so critically acclaimed and loved by major review places. Not a single friend I know irl actually enjoyed it or thought it was worth it. After researching it myself I decided to skip out on it because it felt like there really wasn't much to the game. But that's just me. I wonder what the interpretation of the game from the console community will be like.

DKHF

I've heard a lot of good things about this and decided I probably wasn't going to play it without a console port in sight so this is good news.

Though sadly I've had a big part of the story spoiled for me I think by Greg Miller or some other IGN related person on a podcast because I thought I was never going to play it.

That's good news! More exposure is always great. Hopefully it doesn't get plagued by more people screaming about it not being a game.

God damn I'm tempted to start some fake shit about this. I just don't want to get banned. Gone Home actually was a game, and it was fun. Told a story. Made you feel things. Interactively.

dLMN8R

This was a thing?

There's a small group of people who love to hate on Gone Home and insist that it's "not a game" or is worthless for one reason or another. Or that its 86% on Metacritic is because of some grand conspiracy around collusion in the industry or whatever.

But then you look at the fact that, even on Steam, 77% of reviewers reviewed it positively, and that the negative reviews are disproportionately bombarded by a few hundred "helpful" indications, it's clearly just a small group of people who think they're more important than they are.

LQX

Nice. Now PS4 and XB1 owners can play the much loved and praised walking around a house simulator.

Loved this one. I'm playing life is strange and the way you can see detail on a lot of the objects in the world by interacting with them is definitely inspired by Gone Home.

Xaero Gravity

NEXT LEVEL lame™
Probably the worst "walking simulator" I've played, simply due to the lack of payoff. But I'm probably in the minority on that one.

Shaanyboi

Banned
Don't know that I'm compelled to double-dip on this, but I really enjoyed my experience with it on PC. Amazing attention to detail with the environmental storytelling.

Tagyhag

It's a good game, the problem was that it was 25 DOLLARS when it came out, and you finish it in less than an hour, and it has no replay value, so hopefully the price is less crazy this time around.

"It's not a game! It's just a walking simulator. Hurrdurr, master race."

You do know that there were walking simulators on the PC before this right? Stop trying to just point the finger at PC users.

Auctopus

My only problem with this game was the price. It's over in about an hour and a half and it was about £20. I really wasn't happy with that.

Oemenia

Banned
There's a small group of people who love to hate on Gone Home and insist that it's "not a game" or is worthless for one reason or another. Or that its 86% on Metacritic is because of some grand conspiracy around collusion in the industry or whatever.

But then you look at the fact that, even on Steam, 77% of reviewers reviewed it positively, and that the negative reviews are disproportionately bombarded by a few hundred "helpful" indications, it's clearly just a small group of people who think they're more important than they are.
Even with the so-called twist, it just another pretentious art project.

I've already played it on Steam, but I wonder how much it's going to cost on consoles. I don't remember the PC price since I bought it during a sale.

gdt

Amazing and very emotional game. What an ending IMO.

But yes it's short. Took me like 2 hours I think.

dLMN8R

What's funny is if you look at the negative reviews of Gone Home on Steam, there are quite a few reviews by people who played it for 0.1 hours, and those reviews were up-voted as "helpful" by over a hundred people.

But yes, definitely no immature grudges about the game out there!

It's a good game, the problem was that it was 25 DOLLARS when it came out, and you finish it in less than an hour, and it has no replay value, so hopefully the price is less crazy this time around.

No it wasn't. It was $20 when released, with a 10% discount to $18 for a few weeks after release.

Even with the so-called twist, it just another pretentious art project.

Can you elaborate on that? I thought it told a great story with a satisfying payoff in the end, without resorting to over-used tropes.

What about it is "pretentious"? Can you provide specific examples about what makes it pretentious?

Jawmuncher

20 bucks was still a crazy price for the game. 15 was the sweet spot. Any less was even better. I bought it when it was like 2.50 I think on steam. I see this being a freebie from either MS or Sony in January though.

Also I just have to say story spoilers
The whole army aspect is all kinds of botched. I guess you can sum it up as dumb kids, but that makes it even worse.

My only problem with this game was the price. It's over in about an hour and a half and it was about £20. I really wasn't happy with that.

I was fine with the amount I paid at launch (I think it was 20) but for people who strictly determine value by hours per dollar I can understand the disappointment

Guri

One of my favourite games of 2013. If you like narrative driven ones, I definitely recommend it.

No it wasn't. It was $20 when released, with a 10% discount to $18 for a few weeks after release.
To be honest, I don't think $20 is worth it. As much as I liked the game, there just isn't enough meat to it to warrant that price tag.

I'd say it's a $9.99 value at best.

CheesecakeRecipe

Stormy Grey
Excellent little experience, so glad we're in a time where this sort of attention to detail can be used to craft such an intimately personal space. Thankfully they waited until it was almost ready to announce it, I'm sure Fullbright is still feeling the burn from when the Wii U port got canned.

Top Bottom