• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Bandai Namco trademarks Tales of Zestiria the X, Tales of the Rays in Europe

Bandai Namco has filed trademarks for “Tales of Zestiria the X” and “Tales of the Rays” in Europe.

“Tales of Zestiria the X” might be the official name for the 20th anniversary Tales of TV anime announced back in June.

“Tales of the Rays,” however, we’re uncertain.

Bandai Namco will host a Tales of 20th anniversary party live stream event tomorrow. There’s already a new game, Tales of Berseria, in development for PlayStation 4 and PlayStation 3. Perhaps we’ll hear more about that, as well as these two trademarks, during the broadcast.

Read more at http://gematsu.com/2015/12/bandai-n...tiria-x-tales-rays-europe#l67h3ct5YdDmGt0i.99

ULTROS!

People seem to like me because I am polite and I am rarely late. I like to eat ice cream and I really enjoy a nice pair of slacks.

Shahed

So? If they are producing quality games then why not?

If only Ubisoft learned what Quality is with the AC games.
I'd agree with you if I didn't think the quality has dropped significantly over the last several releases. Vesperia was the last one I'd say was really good. The series feels stale now.

Tagyhag

Because while they're passable games, they're doing nothing to stand out or innovate.

Remember how during the PS2 era, most JRPG's were always shitted on because they did NOTHING new and were basically the same game with different stories?

We have a lot of variety coming out these days so I don't think it'll ever go back to that poo-flinging, but Tales never really came out of that group.

rhandino

Banned

Of the last 3 mainline Tales of games 2 of them had serious issues and all of them related to being rushed to release and one has a severe case of asset reuse and messy messy story.

I swear, I keep buying the games because I want to support the series in the west but after playing Zestira I am seriously considering to not bother anymore.

Because while they're passable games, they're doing nothing to stand out or innovate.

Remember how during the PS2 era, most JRPG's were always shitted on because they did NOTHING new and were basically the same game with different stories?

We have a lot of variety coming out these days so I don't think it'll ever go back to that poo-flinging, but Tales never really came out of that group.

They tried to jump on the Open-world wagon with Zestiria, but they didn't do that good of job.

Hexa

But the aren't producing quality games any more. The games are nothing like they were years ago.

I disagree. Tales of Xillia 1/2 are the best tales games other than Abyss, not including Vesperia or anything before PS2 as I haven't played them and can't make any judgement on them, or Zesteria which I haven't gotten to yet.

Einhander

Still no Tales of Rebirth remake then.

I'm calling it. Tales of the Ray will be for 3DS.

Tales of Zestiria the X will be the anime.

I swear you people are soooo negative Zestiria was a good game and so were the other Tales of ps3.

I can't wait for the Zestiria anime I loved the characters so much. My boy Meebo was the greatest!

DR2K

Banned
Tales of the Rays? Xilia, Zestria, and Berseria all sound like medications. Obviously a mobile game.

Ray Parker Jr. rides a modified Metal Gear Ray in order to combat the 70ft ghost of Ray Charles in the thrilling action JRPG. If that isn't what Tales of the Rays is then I'll be disappointed.

I'm optimistic about this.

I disagree. Tales of Xillia 1/2 are the best tales games other than Abyss, not including Vesperia or anything before PS2 as I haven't played them and can't make any judgement on them, or Zesteria which I haven't gotten to yet.

I consider Xillia 1/2 and Zestiria three of the weakest Tales games so far.

kayos90

Tragic victim of fan death
Yall know Berseria is the next mainline. In no way shape or form is Tales of the Ray something actually worth caring about.

Top Bottom