• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden adds online multiplayer and more

http://gamesinners.com/3ds/2015/12/...nline-multiplayer-assist-characters-and-more/

Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden, the fighting game based on the Dragon Ball series developed by Arc System works, has been released in North America and Europe a few months back but Japanese players have been able to enjoy the new 2D fighting game since last Summer. The game managed to become somewhat successful thanks to its gameplay features but there’s no denying that Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden lacked some very important features, such as an online multiplayer mode and others. Today, this mode has finally been added to the game, at least for the Japanese version of the game.

The new Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden update not only adds the online multiplayer mode to the game but also an Extreme Butoden mode as well as new Assist Characters such as Super Saiyan 4 Gohan, who already appeared in another game based on the series, Dragon Ball Heroes, Super Saiyan 4 Broly, the Time Machine and others.

The new Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden is now available for download for the Japanese version of the game but it has yet to be available for the North American and European ones. We will let you know when it becomes available in the West as soon as possible so stay tuned for all the latest news.
Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden Is Only The Latest Entry Of A Long Running Series

Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden may be the first Dragon Ball fighting game developed by 2D fighting game masters Arc System Works but it’s not the first entry of a new series. The first entry of the Dragon Ball Z Butoden series, Dragon Ball Z Super Butoden, has been released in Japan back in 1993, with the second and third entries releasing shortly after. Dragon Ball Z Super Butoden 2 has also been made available recently on Nintendo 3DS as an exclusive Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden pre-order bonus.

Dragon Ball Z Extreme Butoden is now available for Nintendo 3DS in all regions.

tl;dr
- adds online multiplayer mode
- adds extreme butoden mode
- new Assist Characters such as super saiyan 4 gohan, super saiyan 4 broly, trunks' time machine, etc

super saiyan 4 push in games is odd considering the whole super saiyan blue thing going on with super, but i don't mind, form looks sweet

patch was announced before but it juuuust came out and i didn't find a thread even about when it was announced last month

would love to see this come to other platforms. need an arcsys dbz game in my veins, but honestly might pick up a 3ds for this again if the update comes west

iavi

Awesome. I hope the SS4 push means it's making its way to super eventually. Only good thing to come out of GT

Wonder if they made any attempt to balance out the game with the patch as well.

Online'll probably suck otherwise.

No training mode? :(

Training Mode came with the first big update in Japan. Wouldn't be surprised if they just add both in for the international update.

Dranakin

Metacritic score is low, but it's $16 after GCU at Best Buy. Worth it at that price? The other other DBZ game I have is Budokai Tenkaichi 3.

NeonZ

super saiyan 4 push in games is odd considering the whole super saiyan blue thing going on with super, but i don't mind, form looks sweet

It's probably because they know SSJ4 won't be used by Super, so they can do anything with it without stepping on the show's toes. Note how they haven't given the new transformations to any characters.

Revven

It's frustrating Bamco US/EU hasn't said anything about if we'll get these added modes in a single update. There's been no communication at all about it and at this point I wouldn't be surprised if for some dumb reason we don't get them. I hope I'm wrong, though, and maybe they'll be putting it out next month or in February.

I played the demo. Didn't seem like anything special. What did you guys like about it?

Really?

2d DBZ fighters are rare these days.

Plus is the closest thing to budokai gameplay wise we've had in a long time.

Plus Arcsys made some fantastic looking sprites.

Piers

The game seems really cool. It's just a bummer that 'super moves' take so long to finish, like they're struggling to load them midway.

Sorry to bump this, but I didn't think a new thread was warranted. Finally got to try out the patch, and there's a few interesting things to note:

- Online play is... okay. Got a bit of lag here and there, but it's mostly been surprisingly solid for me.
- There's a couple of balance changes. Most notably, Meta Cooler's assist was nerfed, and Bardock's infinite was removed.
- Extreme Survival Mode is neat. Kinda wonder why the game didn't ship with that in the first place. Survival modes should be standard in fighters these days.
- Biggest change though, is that the cutscene length for Ultimate Combos has been drastically reduced. They don't break up the flow of a battle near as badly as they did before.

I wonder if they'll bother adding this stuff for the US release. I'd hope so.

Top Bottom