• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire PS3 - Screens

They changed the title for NA

From IGN

August 25, 2006 - Namco Bandai has announced the official name for the PS3's upcoming Mobile Suit game in North America and it's... wait for it... Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire. Already known in Japan as Kidou Senshi Gundam: Target in Sight in the Land of the Rising Sun, Crossfire is the first 0079 title made specifically for the PlayStation 3. Fans of the series can expect to see it in November/ December in Japan, but a North American date hasn't been disclosed yet.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire is set in the popular "One Year War" period and gives players the option to use both the Federation and Zeon forces. Multi-point destructibility, environmental carnage, and gaining new military ranks are big focuses.

http://ps3.ign.com/articles/728/728295p1.html

Shots:

mobile-suit-gundam-crossfire-20060825110025028.jpg

mobile-suit-gundam-crossfire-20060825110027388.jpg

mobile-suit-gundam-crossfire-20060825110031013.jpg

mobile-suit-gundam-crossfire-20060825110033403.jpg

some more here
http://media.ps3.ign.com/media/748/748465/imgs_1.html

Two mech games available at PS3 launch; Armored Core and this. I think most sane people will chose Armored Core

Damn, what happened to this game? Am I the only one that remembers how this was looking a year ago? I know it's a Gundam game and all, but I remember this was damn near jaw-dropping back when it was first unveiled.

*i won't bring out the original gundam ps3 pics 'cause i'm sure someone else will*

Lighting looks flat and geometry+environments are lacking. GAF standards are sinking at a montrous pace.

aaaaa0

radicalbunny said:
Damn, what happened to this game? Am I the only one that remembers how this was looking a year ago? I know it's a Gundam game and all, but I remember this was damn near jaw-dropping back when it was first unveiled.

LOLLers.

Target video FTL!

Massive downgrade total.

Etc. etc. :)

aaaaa0 said:
LOLLers.

Target video FTL!

Massive downgrade total.

Etc. etc.

Notice how I avoid those terms, and reasonably point out the specific areas of the game where I've noticed a change? If you wanna avoid discussion, fine, but take that weak ass projection somewhere else.

aaaaa0

radicalbunny said:
Notice how I avoid those terms, and reasonably point out the specific areas of the game where I've noticed a change? If you wanna avoid discussion, fine, but take that weak ass projection somewhere else.

Sorry, actually I'm agreeing with you. I was just kidding around.

It looks about as good as it did at E3 (minus the bullshot anti-aliasing), which is to say, not particularly great.

Hopefully it now plays better than it looks, because that was even worse at E3.

3rdman

Doom_Bringer said:
Get used to the pixilated shadows cause you will see a lot more them next gen

I've grown a bit used to them since Splinter Cell...but it'd be nice to have them more defined.

radicalbunny said:

A single layer of a good post processing effect can fix the lighting problem. Lets wait for TGS before jumping to conclusions.

Tokubetsu

Love me some Gundam. Surprised they never made a ZETA game...Would have loved that but any 0079 game is fine <3

Cognitive Dissonance, Distilled
Beatbox said:
The models do look good but out of curiosity what causes the jaggy shadows (see left leg) in this shot?

Low shadow map resolution. Cheap to process. There are some real-time soft shadow methods although. Will be interesting to see if they are implemented in the coming gen.

Beatbox

alien from planet Highscore
140.85 said:
Low shadow map resolution. Cheap to process. There are some real-time soft shadow methods although. Will be interesting to see if they are implemented in the coming gen.

Thanks for the reply :)

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
jacktion said:
Your wish is my command. Here's a shot from last year.
Both look good imo. new one's less so, though.
GUNDAM_01.jpg
While the game obviously isn't at that level, seeing it again suggests to me that a scene such as this is entirely possible on this new generation of hardware.

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
i'm repeating myself now, but perhaps what it takes to really appreciate next-gen graphics is a couple days of wii screenshots. that looks amazing. though of course it's no armored core 4.

jacktion said:
Your wish is my command. Here's a shot from last year.
Both look good imo. new one's less so, though.
GUNDAM_01.jpg
Goddamn. I was really looking forward to THAT. So was that cg?? I remember all the sony fanboys screaming that it was real time.

dark10x

Digital Foundry pixel pusher
i'm repeating myself now, but perhaps what it takes to really appreciate next-gen graphics is a couple days of wii screenshots. that looks amazing. though of course it's no armored core 4.
Yeah, that's about what I'm thinking.

I'll have to hang onto some Wii screenshots for viewing just prior to the opening of a new PS3 or 360 release in order to truly appreciate those visuals. Watching that collection of Wii games in motion almost made me feel as if we were back in 2001 or something.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
dark10x said:
Yeah, that's about what I'm thinking.

I'll have to hang onto some Wii screenshots for viewing just prior to the opening of a new PS3 or 360 release in order to truly appreciate those visuals. Watching that collection of Wii games in motion almost made me feel as if we were back in 2001 or something.

No kidding. It's like bizzaro world. Looking at the DMC4 thread and seeing what some people say then looking in the Wii screenshot thread and seeing what people say will make your head spin.

:lol

Amir0x

Banned
mckmas8808 said:
No kidding. It's like bizzaro world. Looking at the DMC4 thread and seeing what some people say then looking in the Wii screenshot thread and seeing what people say will make your head spin.

:lol

they will say something about expectations and 'being good for the hardware'. that's when you laugh heartily

X26

Banned
LiveFromKyoto said:
I'm not really familiar with Gundam. Is this a cartoon about robots squabbling over who gets the Grand Canyon or something?

Kinda hard to summarize since there's so much of it, but yes, that's basically it

DCharlie

And even i am moderately surprised
shut the **** up about Wii and how shitty its graphics are for **** sake you boring ****s

Code:
main () {
string c = null;

pissAndMoan ( c );

return 0;
}

string pissAndMoan ( string x ){

x = "Damn!  Bandai needs to call Capcom for some help with PS3 graphics programming because this isn't cutting it for next gen.  DOWNGRADETON!!!!!!111on3 PS2.5 huahuahuahuahhua";

return x;
}

Top Bottom