• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Mobile Suit Gundam: Crossfire PS3 - Screens

AlanHemberger said:
Goddamn. I was really looking forward to THAT. So was that cg?? I remember all the sony fanboys screaming that it was real time.
It WAS real-time. But it wasn't a game. That's the story of PS3's unveiling. Sony showed alot of pretty shit (some of which were real-time) that weren't really games.

Now Sony deserves the backlash. But come on, it's freakin' Gundam. Gundam, folks!

DCharlie

Banned
Coming from the man who incessantly trolls PS3 threads for no reason.

oh really? care to show me where recently? I'm having a go at the online, but i'm pretty much up on all the PS3 games revealed recently.

come on, pony up bitch.

hell, i even think this looks good - i'm just bored to death of the huge wave of moaning about price (!!!) and random other bitching about the Wii. The Wii having shitty graphics , a higher than expected price shouldn't keep popping up in Sony threads as various justifications (especially when those AREN'T NEEDED)

sangreal

TobitheCat said:
It WAS real-time. But it wasn't a game. That's the story of PS3's unveiling. Sony showed alot of pretty shit (some of which were real-time) that weren't really games.

Now Sony deserves the backlash. But come on, it's freakin' Gundam. Gundam, folks!

No, it was definitely CG. They even said so themselves during the playstation conference in july 05 when they demoed the game in realtime

Bad_Boy

time to take my meds
anybody see this?

3632.jpg

im guessing its old?

Kangu

Banned
Bad_Boy said:
anybody see this?

im guessing its old?

Not to me. Water looks awesome, but the draw distance isn't anything to write home about.

why am i even commenting on this? i have zero interest in the game and would never buy a gundam game. goddamed delicious next gen eyecandy makes me stupid. kind of like the wiibots who say they suddenly feel like playing madden.

Tellaerin

TobitheCat said:

I love UC Gundam, but it's the freakin' One Year War again. It's hard to muster up much enthusiasm at this point. How about a good Zeta Gundam game to tie in with the movie releases?

Mmmkay

Kangu said:
why am i even commenting on this? i have zero interest in the game and would never buy a gundam game. goddamed delicious next gen eyecandy makes me stupid. kind of like the wiibots who say they suddenly feel like playing madden.
It is the GAF way.

DCharlie

Banned
why am i even commenting on this? i have zero interest in the game and would never buy a gundam game. goddamed delicious next gen eyecandy makes me stupid. kind of like the wiibots who say they suddenly feel like playing madden

play One Year War and you might be drooling even more. I'm quite interested in this one.

- 1 billion points for unwarranted wiibot bullshit though. :(

Kangu

Banned
DCharlie said:
play One Year War and you might be drooling even more. I'm quite interested in this one.

- 1 billion points for unwarranted wiibot bullshit though. :(

oh shit, i was just about to cash in my DCharlie points for a ball point pen too! :(

DCharlie said:
oh really? care to show me where recently? I'm having a go at the online, but i'm pretty much up on all the PS3 games revealed recently.

come on, pony up bitch.

hell, i even think this looks good - i'm just bored to death of the huge wave of moaning about price (!!!) and random other bitching about the Wii. The Wii having shitty graphics , a higher than expected price shouldn't keep popping up in Sony threads as various justifications (especially when those AREN'T NEEDED)

I know you are quite a cynic, and it's probably your stomping down of any apparent optimism that annoys me more than anything (in all threads you visit, regardless of system). It's been better as of late. I'll give you that. Nontheless, recent DCharlie quotes in PS3 threads:

read what i posted in response - if people are reliant on Sony and Sony aren't delivering, then that makes the situation even worse !!!

like wise! SONY BOYS! MAN THE "WE BELIEVE!" CANNONS! ;)

Again - is there any excuse for the state of the software ? they've had a few years at this. The market leader shouldn't be in this sort of...

alarm bells are ringing, although , of course, i'm just a big fat sony hater.

no indication of how the online component will work on PS3? Isn't this a little worrying?

video clip only - at best.

running on the X360 - labelled as PS3 ;)

[Lair thread]

Yellowaces sources confirmed? Again?

These shots look terrible - more bad news for MS!

is this title being rushed for PS3 launch?

if we are down to 1 player, no online and no link up - could it be that *gasp* the X360 version that's not being rushed could turn out to be the...

god damn it, i wish they'd release the bluray version of this thread so i could get my real next gen trolling on... :(

*inserts disk 4*

when will sony save us from this next gen ghetto? :(

is that true though? i am interested in a hd format due to using a projector and right at this moment, HD-DVD seesm to be taking a huge dump on PS3 in terms of quality.

Bluray need to rectify...

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Doom_Bringer said:
well the draw distance does suck!
I agree, you should wait for 360 version.

DCharlie said:
The Wii having shitty graphics , a higher than expected price shouldn't keep popping up in Sony threads as various justifications (especially when those AREN'T NEEDED)
Well you weren't complaining when Giant crabs and Riiiiiiiiiiiiidge racer +600$ (etc etc.) kept popping up in 360 threads as various justifications. Plus can you honestly argue that Nintendo selling a 200$ controller is "not" ripping people off?
The last controller at that price I remember was that XBox1 mech game - and that thing was like a freaking space-ship cockpit.

DCharlie

Banned
I know you are quite a cynic, and it's probably your stomping down of any apparent optimism that annoys me more than anything (in all threads you visit, regardless of system). It's been better as of late. I'll give you that. Nontheless, recent DCharlie quotes in PS3 threads:

again - mostly bitching about online - but i'm actually pretty UP on the PS3 -GAMES- , more so than most of the other XDF crew - but i do remain cynical about the online setup. Some of those below are also joke posts (especially those with Kaching)

and some of the stuff that is upsetting you is/was correct at the time (HD-DVD quality vs Bluray for instance, unanswered questions re: AC4 (which i'm also very interested in)

but anyways, the wii stuff - it's boring as ****. The offenders know who they are.
It has NO place in this thread - all the stuff below was at least on topic.
Well you weren't complaining when Giant crabs and Riiiiiiiiiiiiidge racer +600$ (etc etc.) kept popping up in 360 threads as various justifications. Plus can you honestly argue that Nintendo selling a 200$ controller is "not" ripping people off?

you are getting more than a 200$ controller - come on now. There is more in the Wii than that.

The last controller at that price I remember was that XBox1 mech game - and that thing was like a freaking space-ship cockpit.

Tekki - and boy what a sexy controller!

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
Kangu said:
This thread is months old and Doombringer is banned...
Curse you GAF and your evil tricker ways :lol
I should probably have my morning coffee BEFORE I try to post right.

rafman400

TobitheCat said:
Code:
main () {
string c = null;

pissAndMoan ( c );

return 0;
}

string pissAndMoan ( string x ){

x = "Damn!  Bandai needs to call Capcom for some help with PS3 graphics programming because this isn't cutting it for next gen.  DOWNGRADETON!!!!!!111on3 PS2.5 huahuahuahuahhua";

return x;
}
OMG He knows C!!! UBER 1337!

On topic: lets just wait for armored core. Who wants to fund the anime industry anyway?

DCharlie said:
again - mostly bitching about online - but i'm actually pretty UP on the PS3 -GAMES- , more so than most of the other XDF crew - but i do remain cynical about the online setup. Some of those below are also joke posts (especially those with Kaching)

and some of the stuff that is upsetting you is/was correct at the time (HD-DVD quality vs Bluray for instance, unanswered questions re: AC4 (which i'm also very interested in)

but anyways, the wii stuff - it's boring as ****. The offenders know who they are.
It has NO place in this thread - all the stuff below was at least on topic.

I'm just an optomistic person, although my expectations are realistic. I just guess I'm easier to please than most people. Negativity just urks me, but I am aware that you are one of the more level-headed, educated posters around this joint. Don't think I don't.

3632.jpg

These pics (although small and scanned) look promising. They show the environment may turn out to be not so desolate afterall...with foliage, water, and building being present, as well as quite a horizon.

DCharlie

Banned
way to side step his point completely! +1 billion kangu points.

well, i think i posted once on the Ridge/crabs thing and it was to say 'please shut the **** up'

I should have documented better i guess :/

anyways, go play One Year War so you can get excited about this gun damn game *playful spank*
OT - but that is my only gripe with Wii...

$60.00 for one complete controller setup. WTF!

Accessory rapeage for the loss.

yeah, can't call it either way - either the tech isn't quite as cheap as we thought , or Nintendo are taking advantage of us.

Regardless, for me the Wii will offer a >$250+60+60+60+gamesfest value of fun - so it's not an issue for me. same goes for PS3's costing - although i'm not insane to suggest that this applies for everyone else - it's just a case of paying your money and taking your choice this gen for some, which is a little sad :(

Kangu

Banned
DCharlie said:
well, i think i posted once on the Ridge/crabs thing and it was to say 'please shut the **** up'

I should have documented better i guess :/

anyways, go play One Year War so you can get excited about this gun damn game *playful spank*

aye...kind of embarassed to ask but... what system? and do i have to import?

DCharlie

Banned
aye...kind of embarassed to ask but... what system? and do i have to import?

PS2
Namco
and it's import
i'm sure play-asia had it for about $8

The game can be cleared in 2hrs 30 , but it's a hell of a 2 hours 30.

I gave it to Jonnyram to wow him into Gundam, but after about 5 months he just returned it! :)

Fafalada

Fafracer forever
DCharlie said:
you are getting more than a 200$ controller - come on now. There is more in the Wii than that.
Well yea you get a 50$ console with it ;)
Anyway I'm mainly poking fun here - I called this price way back in July (and very few people agreed with me) and actually I blame MS and Sony for this more then Nintendo - they basically opened the door with their own pricing - Nintendo would be stupid to price Wii lower given what other machines sell for.

Personally I don't really care much about the price what irks me is that they are repackaing old hw and advertising it as new - it's a great marketting idea but I don't have to like it.

Kangu

Banned
DCharlie said:
PS2
Namco
and it's import
i'm sure play-asia had it for about $8

The game can be cleared in 2hrs 30 , but it's a hell of a 2 hours 30.

I gave it to Jonnyram to wow him into Gundam, but after about 5 months he just returned it! :)

i'm on it like fafalda on a 3 month old thread!

GDGF

Soothsayer
DCharlie said:

Aww, don't mind them, DC. They're just a little upset that their uber powerhouse PS3 is going to get spanked sales wise in it's home country by the Wii. Kinda like the dumb jock who gets his girl stolen by the smooth talking musician.

(Tit for tat. Tit for tat.)

Kangu

Banned
GDGF said:
Aww, don't mind them, DC. They're just a little upset that their uber powerhouse PS3 is going to get spanked sales wise in it's home country by the Wii. Kinda like the dumb jock who gets his girl stolen by the smooth talking musician.

(Tit for tat. Tit for tat.)

This is a great post. This post is great. The greatness of this post should not go unnoticed. I have taken it upon myself to let everyone know: THIS* is a great post.

*the post I quoted, not my post.

MattXG

Banned
Moderation Unlimited said:
Ahhh...a crisp, clean night chock full of trolling goodness to be had. The MattXG way.
Trolling?

Its a $5/600 console that isn't coming out until 2007 IN MOST OF THE WORLD. And yet, this is CLEARLY very possible on a console that costs as little as $300 and has been available since 2005.

You call it a troll because you don't like the reality of the situation.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Kangu said:
This is a great post. This post is great. The greatness of this post should not go unnoticed. I have taken it upon myself to let everyone know: THIS* is a great post.

*the post I quoted, not my post.

I thank ye. It should be quoted again for great justice.

MattXG said:
Trolling?

Its a $5/600 console that isn't coming out until 2007 IN MOST OF THE WORLD. And yet, this is CLEARLY very possible on a console that costs as little as $300 and has been available since 2005.

No. It's a troll because there are other reasons to own a PS3 besides this game, which does look very good by the way. It's also a flamebait post.

What is the difference between $400 and $500...not much really? Many hardcore gamers bitch about it, yet they are the same people who buy $10,000 worth of gaming products each year. It does not compute. Drop the price argument. And why are you preaching about what products I or anyone else should buy. Preaching is the biggest troll offense of all.

Do I look like I subscribe to televangelist propoganda? Do any of us seem like that type in here? Most of us are smarter than that. That's why we are here at GAF and not some other forum like OA or gameFAQs.

GDGF

Soothsayer
Kangu said:
subtle sarcasm in writting is beyond my meagre abilities of expression.

I wasn't being sarcastic either. Really. I can understand why you think it's such a great post, considering the tone is similar to the majority of posts you've made today. You really should quote it again.

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
MattXG said:
Trolling?

What do you think of the Wii?

MattXG

Banned
Moderation Unlimited said:
No. It's a troll because there are other reasons to own a PS3 besides this game, which does look very good by the way. It's also a flamebait post.

What is the difference between $400 and $500...not much really? Many hardcore gamers bitch about it, yet they are the same people who buy $10,000 worth of gaming products each year. It does not compute.

First of all, I never said there weren't other reasons to own a PS3. I said for the price of admission, this game doesn't look worth it. And its very true as another game on X360 looks to stack up nicely graphically and has a more interesting concept I'd say (being on foot and seeing the real size of Gundams = awesome)

And $300 is a magical number for consoles I think. I think a lower price point than PCs is part of what defines consoles. Where Sony is going with its PS3 is bad for business I'd say. It will shrink the market if the competition decides to follow next gen. Bottom line, less people can get in the door with each $100 bill added to the price tag. Especially, for what is obviously a trojan horse not really necessary for gaming...

Or don't you recall the mass hysteria over the Xbox 360 being priced at $400? Its not what the market wants...

eh i thought the "reality" of it was that you're paying $500/600 for a well thought-out, well planned actual real bona-fide NEXT GEN console rather than a step up from current gen, that was designed to kill off a 4 year old console failure?

am i wrong in thinking that?

drohne

hyperbolically metafictive
hey -- i was just registering a genuine surprise at how impressive these gundam screenshots look now that i've been conditioned by a couple days of wii...and perhaps yakuza, which i've been playing. i didn't find them impressive the first time i saw them. and even i'd have a lot of monotonous bitching to do before i approached the distinction of dcharlie's seven year playstation bitching spree. in chromehounds terms, dcharlie's a colonel and i'm like a master sergeant.

MattXG said:
First of all, I never said there weren't other reasons to own a PS3. I said for the price of admission, this game doesn't look worth it. And its very true as another game on X360 looks to stack up nicely graphically and has a more interesting concept I'd say (being on foot and seeing the real size of Gundams = awesome)

And $300 is a magical number for consoles I think. I think a lower price point than PCs is part of what defines consoles. Where Sony is going with its PS3 is bad for business I'd say. It will shrink the market if the competition decides to follow next gen. Bottom line, less people can get in the door with each 100 bill added to the price tag. Especially, for what is obviously a trojan horse not really necessary for gaming...

Well, like I said before. There are more reasons to own a PS3 than just gaming even. I, for one, want a next-gen movie player. I'm psyched that the entry level price for PS3 is only $500.00...and $600 is great for a 1080P player. That's almost the same price as a stand-alone HD-DVD player w/o 1080P playback or any other features.

MattXG

Banned
frAntic_Frog said:
eh i thought the "reality" of it was that you're paying $500/600 for a well thought-out, well planned actual real bona-fide NEXT GEN console rather than a step up from current gen, that was designed to kill off a 4 year old console failure?

am i wrong in thinking that?
So well thought out that they can't get it out the door I see..... So well thought out that Ken himself is calling out Sony on the mess they're in....

And its graphics are no where near a step up over the X360. You better open your eyes. All Blu-Ray may ever do for you is save you from having to switch a disc in an RPG. Great. That's the definition of Next-Gen to me, too....

i dont think sony or ken really has to worry to much at this point, what with the 360 falling flat on its face in worldwide sales. just keep the PS3 supply steady, and it should sell out every unit.....for 8 months at least. quote me

MattXG

Banned
frAntic_Frog said:
i dont think sony or ken really has to worry to much at this point, what with the 360 falling flat on its face in worldwide sales. just keep the PS3 supply steady, and it should sell out every unit.....for 8 months at least. quote me
And what's steady?

A 100,000 a month? I think you are in for a big shock.

I think Xbox 360 is more popular here in the states than the numbers have let on. I'm betting that the casuals want it but just don't want to pay $400 or even $300 on a console really.

And I'm sure Blu-Ray, which is meaningless to most of the masses, isn't going to persuade them to invest in a $5/600 console.

wait, are you actually tryin to justify the 360 gundam game against the PS3 gundam game?:lol

this
929284_20060512_screen008.jpg

vs

mobile-suit-gundam-20060804022443668.jpg

oh man, i just PRAY that you are joking about this! :lol

MattXG

Banned
frAntic_Frog said:
wait, are you actually tryin to justify the 360 gundam game against the PS3 gundam game?:lol

this

vs

oh man, i just PRAY that you are joking about this! :lol
If I didn't know any better, I'd say you were trolling.

That is a wicked old screen of the 360 game. It looks A LOT better now....

MattXG said:
And what's steady?

A 100,000 a month? I think you are in for a big shock.

I think Xbox 360 is more popular here in the states than the numbers have let on. I'm betting that the casuals want it but just don't want to pay $400 or even $300 on a console really.

And I'm sure Blu-Ray, which is meaningless to most of the masses, isn't going to persuade them to invest in a $5/600 console.

steady = 500k @ launch up to 2million by 2006 end, and 4+million into 2007 for the EU launch.

and i wouldnt go as far as calling bluray meaningless right now, especially when it means being able to put PAL/NTSC worldwide versions on every disc so that the game launches on day one for US/Japan without any delays, and the spacious 25gb capacity and standard harddrive means streaming data and no more BS loadtimes like in so-called "next gen" games like PGR3 and Oblivion :lol

Top Bottom