• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN down due to unannounced maintenance?

Anyone else have problems logging in? It's down since 30-45 minutes. Can't play anything online. EU btw.

Edit: Update

2769484-0617295173-PBoVj.jpg

Update 2 (not confirmed)

7KTEyQO.png

lvLOd6H.jpg

Knuf

Yeah, PSN seems to be down everywhere atm:
https://status.playstation.com/en-us
Affected Platforms:
PS3™ , PS4™ , PS Vita , Web , Other
Affected Services:
You may have some difficulty signing in or creating an account on PlayStation™Network. Our engineers are working to resolve the issue as soon as possible, and we thank you for your patience.

EDIT: Beaten.

True Fire

I wonder if this has anything to do with the PS4 "jailbreak" finally hitting mainstream media? It's trending on Facebook.

WITHE1982

Well Sony you have 38 minutes before I get in from graft and try to play some Rocket League... hop to you you scallywags.

sourc3d

Still such a bonehead system they operate where I can't access any digital content I own because of their network issues. Best dig out some disc based games to play from my catalogue before going digital only :(

Yeah, I just got booted out of GoT, and then all my digital games were locked because it couldn't connect to the server to verify them.

Edit: Activating it as my primary PS4 like it suggested seemed to fix it, even though I'm sure I already did that. Took a long time to activate though.

Edit 2: Actually, I performed a system restore a couple of weeks ago, so I must have forgotten to reactivate it as my Primary PS4. Oops.

Xion86

Hmm very odd time to go down. Hope it's sorted out later, at the last boss fight on Gauntlet local co-op + random online players!

Robiin

Yeah, just got home to play Rocket League :(

Starting up Witcher 3 and it seems to be able to download a patch at least.

Frabba

Neo Member
All I want to do is login to the web store, redeem a gift card, and purchase Yakuza 5. Why will you not take my money, Sony :(.

Xion86

Shit just remembered I didn't delete my CC info the last time I bought something on PSN.

giphy.gif

Not now Sony please.

Damn, you delete your details each time you buy something off PSN? Guess that's pretty damn safe though in this day and age!

Kilau

Still such a bonehead system they operate where I can't access any digital content I own because of their network issues. Best dig out some disc based games to play from my catalogue before going digital only :(

Yeah, I just got booted out of GoT, and then all my digital games were locked because it couldn't connect to the server to verify them.

This only happens when your PS4 isn't set as your primary system. If you only have one PS4, there isn't a reason for it not to be.

andshrew

But you can. You activate your console as your PSN accounts primary (ie. What it asks you to do when you first use the account on the console), then you can play your digital content whenever you want.

spwolf

hmph, I am playing online after waking up from rest mode 10 minutes ago... i guess it kept being connected in rest mode?

Top Bottom