• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN down due to unannounced maintenance?

Spy

Not saying this is related but shouldn't we be due for a new firmware update sometime soon? It's been awhile.

Derpot

Goddammit, I can't even play Bloodborne offline because of the DLC?
What the shit is this? This is fucking bullshit, seriously.

Intel_89

Really glad I decided to delete my CC info last night before going to bed.

That's not worrying me since I used a pre-payed card and I only use virtual CC's with the exact amount of money I want to spend on the store (they pretty much work as single use CC's). But yeah, I had nearly 30€ sitting there so they better still be there when they get the service back online.

63833f4045de0692e6dcdfb1c90de6d184660e0402a0ee1042f8620ff6e01bd7.jpg

Goddammit, I can't even play Bloodborne offline because of the DLC?
What the shit is this? This is fucking bullshit, seriously.

You should be able to. Uncheck the connect to the internet in the settings and make sure you have actived your account as primary.

Derpot

You should be able to. Uncheck the connect to the internet in the settings and make sure you have actived your account as primary.

But isn't the DLC tied to the online account?
Ah anyway, nevermind, I have to study for my exams, but I hope it will be fixed soon.

EthanC

Banned
But isn't the DLC tied to the online account?
Ah anyway, nevermind, I have to study for my exams, but I hope it will be fixed soon.

DLC and games are tied to your account. If your account is tied to a Primary console, it's all playable when PSN is down. Unless of course it's an online-only game.

WaveRider

Neo Member
Wow, my UI was hanging. I tried to select themes or messages and it would hang. I could use the PS button to pop out but after that initial hang the UI would not bring up any menu/sub-menu prompts. I could only shut it down into rest mode from the front button.

I thought my hard drive was croaking... I did a database rebuild without issues and the system started up out of rest mode and I had the same issues.

After the third restart I went to settings and disabled the network and all is working as expected. Something my have been phoning home and hanging the UI. I thought my poor PS4 was on the way out.

Gandalf

Wow, my UI was hanging. I tried to select themes or messages and it would hang. I could use the PS button to pop out but after that initial hang the UI would not bring up any menu/sub-menu prompts. I could only shut it down into rest mode from the front button.

I thought my hard drive was croaking... I did a database rebuild without issues and the system started up out of rest mode and I had the same issues.

After the third restart I went to settings and disabled the network and all is working as expected. Something my have been phoning home and hanging the UI. I thought my poor PS4 was on the way out.

I was having the same problem pal. I just switched it off, I'll come back to it later.

Sucks though, first time I've jumped on since 21st(?) December and it's offline. Talk about shitty timing.

Jon Arbuckle

Neo Member

Same thing happened to me. Thought the damn thing was starting to brick, freaked me out for a second there.

Derpot

DLC and games are tied to your account. If your account is tied to a Primary console, it's all playable when PSN is down. Unless of course it's an online-only game.

Oooh okay, I didn't know that at all ! Now I feel a bit stupid, but I don't know all the PS4 features so eh.

N

NinjaFridge

Unconfirmed Member
Realised this when I went to play more of the black ops 3 campaign and it put me right back to the start. Apparently your progress is all online or some shit.

Manu

Same here. It says "We couldn't verify PlayStation Plus in your account" when trying to play online.

ViciousDS

Banned
Realised this when I went to play more of the black ops 3 campaign and it put me right back to the start. Apparently your progress is all online or some shit.

its separate.....you started an online campaign. When you go offline it will create another one.

My UI has been dogshit the last 3 days. Just moving at 1 FPS to get something like the party screen adjusted.

Anyways, i really hope we get some sort of announcement

Brian Fellows

Pete Carroll Owns Me
Ok the second arc of Nailbiter was all over the place but arc three seems to have it back on course.

EDIT: Wrong tab LOL! Luckily nobody noticed.

Top Bottom