• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN down due to unannounced maintenance?

ViciousDS

Banned
This is shit,today i bought a ps3 for yakuza 5 and my digital games but can't download my games.I feel bad for poor psplus users,Sony servers are a joke.

um.....it happens to all services once in awhile. PSN held up perfectly fine during the holidays........hell there was a day, even two last few weeks that xbox had issues. But

shitpost away

Same here. Can't do anything. Oh well back to AC Syndicate.

Ha. I wanted to continue with the Jack the Ripper DLC just now, but apparently the game needs an online DLC verification check every time so I can't even select it from the main menu. Downloaded those 16 gigs for naught.

Fucking. Wow.

Console gaming in 2016.......

Hopefully pirates/hackers/coding enthusiasts will find a way to make all of this bearable in 10-15 years on emulators or something because this is not the future I would want. Guess I'll load up Steam again and hope that won't fail me tonight.

Cappa

Banned
This is shit,today i bought a ps3 for yakuza 5 and my digital games but can't download my games.I feel bad for poor psplus users,Sony servers are a joke.

Poor you for thinking that PS Plus users really feel like they are getting shafted because of the occasional down time that happens once in a blue moon.

Benedict

Tried to log in a couple of times on my PS3 because the kids wanted to watch netflix.
Did not work, but I also got a message that I had to change my password.
Somebody else got that?
First for me.

And we could not watch Netflix on PS3 without being logged in.

Heimbeck

Banned
I just wanted to use the video streaming services but I guess they don't work when PSN is down. You'd think they would.

Do you mean Playstation Video or just other apps?
Because if it's other apps then I am also surprised they don't work.

commedieu

Banned
buh..

buh I can still play Alien Isolation, and driveclub.. just no Multiplayer modes.... (DC)

Right?

Its all I have to look forward to :(

TimFL

Wow, my UI was hanging. I tried to select themes or messages and it would hang. I could use the PS button to pop out but after that initial hang the UI would not bring up any menu/sub-menu prompts. I could only shut it down into rest mode from the front button.

I thought my hard drive was croaking... I did a database rebuild without issues and the system started up out of rest mode and I had the same issues.

After the third restart I went to settings and disabled the network and all is working as expected. Something my have been phoning home and hanging the UI. I thought my poor PS4 was on the way out.

AFAIK that is normal. The PS4 UI seems to rely a lot on network connectivity. It's kind of ridiculous when my internet dies and the UI goes to hell and never back in terms of responsiveness.

Can't wait for them to add the PS3 trophy list caching mechanism. It's unbelievable that a 2016 console requires a network connection to view a simple list (instead of caching + real time updating said cache when offline).

um.....it happens to all services once in awhile. PSN held up perfectly fine during the holidays........hell there was a day, even two last few weeks that xbox had issues. But

shitpost away

PSN is down a lot tho. Even if it is a few hours it's down a lot more than nearly any service I can think of.

Strip-Nouvel-an-650-finalenglish.jpg

Not really bothered myself since I'm mainly offline but rough on my brother who plays online games mainly. No real issue at the moment but will be disappointed if this maintenance is an ongoing thing.

Arcane0ne

shitpost away

Shitpost??

This is not true,Sony ever has more problems with servers than others. This is nothing new.

Joni

AFAIK that is normal. The PS4 UI seems to rely a lot on network connectivity. It's kind of ridiculous when my internet dies and the UI goes to hell and never back in terms of responsiveness.

Can't wait for them to add the PS3 trophy list caching mechanism. It's unbelievable that a 2016 console requires a network connection to view a simple list (instead of caching + real time updating said cache when offline).
It doesn't even need to cache, it is on the console already so you can earn them offline. That is what makes it even crazier.

Tommi84

Also if it's disc versions, you're totally fine, too.
I have Witcher 3 disc and add-on and no, it's fuck'n useles without the network as it says:

You are missing the following downloadable content required to open this save:
[all dlc listed]

Fck that shit. And please don't tell me to have my console set as primary as I had multiple times. C

I see it on here atleast once every 3 months. The same threads. and I have problems with it in those times. I do own a ps4 :/

Go ahead...find them and when to you do.. Read the content and let me know how many are as widespread as this thread and how many are just individual issues...you will be so shocked to find out the answer..

Please...

mf.luder

Yeah, I just got booted out of GoT, and then all my digital games were locked because it couldn't connect to the server to verify them.

Haha! I was almost doing the same thing. I was playing through the final chapter before the maintenance and just went back to finish it off and I see that it's under maintenance. I can't even continue on my primary PS4 since the save isn't there.

Go ahead...find them and when to you do.. Read the content and let me know how many are as widespread as this thread and how many are just individual issues...you will be so shocked to find out the answer..

Please...

OK I am sorry, its obviously perfect for you at all times so that means it's never down, or hasn't been since 2013.

I'll leave now

TsuWave

i was playing destiny and everything was fine then i got a notification saying "this app will be suspended in 15 minutes because license cannot be verified" so i jumped out and tried to go to the netflix app and its locked and saying i need to activate ps4 as primary, tried to do it but get a cannot connect to servers error every time..so now, no gaming or netflix :/

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Good to see the monthly fee is being put to good use #4theplayers.

I am sure you can ask for your 14 cent refund when this is over.

Please...

This, lol.

You know how many posters would make a thread here, and then be like, oops on the 3rd page, that their ISP was down?

Quite the many over the years. And at least once or twice a month, lol.

Neo Geo

Neo Member
Down here in Germany for more than 4 hours now. People who logged in earlier are able to play though.

I understand - if it's a DDoS - that you can't do too much against it, but it still sucks. Need my last day of Iron Banner.

Heimbeck

Banned
It was deffo downa few times in 2015. Even for a few hours. It doesn't reeally matter. I'm not trying to attack peoples feelings or anything. If people don't believe it has been down, then that's cool i guess

Maybe you're just playing at times when most of the UK are not, like I would assume 8-11 is probably when it is most used in the UK so if it goes down at 4 or something it won't be as noticed by as many people.
Especially since it might just go down in Europe and not affect all of PSN.

Beefy

It was deffo downa few times in 2015. Even for a few hours. It doesn't reeally matter. I'm not trying to attack peoples feelings or anything. If people don't believe it has been down, then that's cool i guess

The thing is everyone will have a different experience with PSN. Everytime I see a thread on it being down I check. This is the first time since the ddos it has been down for me.

OK I am sorry, its obviously perfect for you at all times so that means it's never down, or hasn't been since 2013.

I'll leave now

Ugh....please don't. Your original statement said its down more often than any service when that was incorrect and that's what we clocked. No one stated that it was perfect as if any other service out there is...

Top Bottom