• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN down due to unannounced maintenance?

Fisty

pictures people have seen when booting GTA5. psn went down shortly after this.

*pics

looks legit. don't think this is a "planned maintenance"

How the hell did they do that? Did they alter GTAV files or just redirect a server check or something? We need more info here

pictures people have seen when booting GTA5. psn went down shortly after this.

1937424_9190766747965dxlyz.jpg

10561702_919076638129seaoy.jpg

looks legit. don't think this is a "planned maintenance"

The fuck?

Argh! Was planning to reinstall and play some Bloodborne today (had to remove it because Destiny started trying to eat my hard drive), but it appears I'll have to wait until it's back up. I just hope it's soon... I regret buying digital.

Raysod

Banned
Playstation Network is down the last few hours in Greece as well and the world from what I am reading so i guess something serious happened...

Things like this happen, but I expected as a customer that Sony should make an announcement on what’s going on…

An attack, maintenance, hardware failure…

And they should give us an estimation on when they expect the network to be back online…

I guess it will be single player night tonight for most gamers, so Uncharted 3 Remaster for me... its time to get the platinum trophy... :D

GenericUser

you could have rotated them for crying out loud lol.

I took them right off from fb. even bothered to host them on abload :p

pictures were taken from a casual german fb member. don't think they are fake.

haven't seen them myself though.

edit: trying to find source now.

Recall

My disc copy of Disgaea 5 won't boot unless I uncheck the connect to the Internet in the PS4 settings.

Unexpected.

eFKac

It's ok, people won't remember what happened to PS4 in the first half of the year.

The certainly forgot that it had a lot of games early 2015 when the year was reviewed.

kitch9

Banned
Playstation Network is down the last few hours in Greece as well and the world from what I am reading so i guess something serious happened...

Things like this happen, but I expected as a customer that Sony should make an announcement on what’s going on…

An attack, maintenance, hardware failure…

And they should give us an estimation on when they expect the network to be back online…

I guess it will be single player night tonight for most gamers, so Uncharted 3 Remaster for me... its time to get the platinum trophy... :D

It only happened a few hours ago, get some perspective.

ViciousDS

Banned
I took them right off from fb. even bothered to host them on abload :p

pictures were taken from a casual german fb member. don't think they are fake.

haven't seen them myself though.

edit: trying to find source now.

yes, source is everything here. Because it honestly could be the PS3 version of GTA V......which isn't hard to edit splash screens AT ALL. My PS3 had a custom logo booting up when I had it modded.

UV-6

My disc copy of Disgaea 5 won't boot unless I uncheck the connect to the Internet in the PS4 settings.

Unexpected.

Yup, same thing happened to me. For some reason, games that have internet related features, as simple as leaderboards even, don't realise that PSN is down so they get stuck in a loop trying to connect to a server.

Pretty stupid really.

krang

Do anonymous even do this sort of shit anymore? I thought they were trying to be dark knights, these days.

GeeTeeCee

Now I'm no network expert, but I find it hard to believe that "hacking" PSN gives you the ability to change art assets in GTA V loading screens.

Boke1879

People really believe those pics? They would have literally had to hack GTAV's servers to do that shit and that wouldn't just be on Sony but Rockstar as well.

GeNoMe

Those anon images a pc installer of GTA V. The first image on the bottom right corner says so in German. (I can read German)

Now I'm no network expert, but I find it hard to believe that "hacking" PSN gives you the ability to change art assets in GTA V loading screens.

It's doesn't. Those are most likely 360/ps3/pc loading screens that someone modded. It's easy to do on them since you can access the game files and resign them but afaik PS4 hasn't been modded in that way yet, only to run Linux.

Top Bottom