• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN down due to unannounced maintenance?

Benedict

Because like everytime someone else posts something like this, you haven't got your PS4 set as your primary console. All my digital games are working fine, and have worked fine during every other outage in the past. Playing Galax-Z as we speak.

Then tell them what to do.
I'm not sure if my is primary.
How do we check this?

Cincaid

As a Swede I'm ashamed and pissed off, if that Norsemap is true.

Looks like Sweden and the US are the attackers.

Nameless

Because like everytime someone else posts something like this, you haven't got your PS4 set as your primary console. All my digital games are working fine, and have worked fine during every other outage in the past. Playing Galax-Z as we speak.

Also some games might not boot unless you uncheck "connect to the internet" under the Network settings.

down 2 orth

What the hell, this has has been going on for years so when is it going to stop?

Playstation is making money again and Plus is $50/year, so Sony Computer Entertainment just looks like a huge miser at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if we're all getting the bottom end of the deal here so that Sony can divert money from gaming into its weak link subsidiaries.

kitch9

Banned
What the hell, this has has been going on for years so when is it going to stop?

Playstation is making money again and Plus is $50/year, so Sony Computer Entertainment just looks like a huge miser at this point. I wouldn't be surprised if we're all getting the bottom end of the deal here so that Sony can divert money from gaming into its weak link subsidiaries.

Jesus Christ, how many fucking times do we have to read this bullshit.

I think you cracked it, Jake.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member

So that's how it is done!

Footos22

So much shit posting over a few hours downtime lol

Roshin

Just buy some magic network defense already, Sony.

kitch9

Banned
Please explain why this is bullshit.

Because it is quite frankly.

The last time it went down was due to illegal activity on the net and a large ddos attack. That was months ago.

The internet is inherently flawed, Sony or others who succumb to ddos attacks didn't design the internet.

EthanC

Banned
As many times as PSN goes under unannounced maintenance I assume.

It's not so much the unscheduled maintenances, which quite honestly have been few and far between on PS4. It's more about having to pay to use a network that treats my 150meg pipe as a 5 meg pipe. PSN is shit. It's far more stable than it's ever been, but it's still shit. I hate that I pay for it and it remains that way. Having owned an Xbox One most of this gen, I can think of many more times that all or some of it was down than PSN was though.
Come on. It's down for like 2-3 hours and this is the first unannounced widespread outage in 6 months? More?

6 months? Nope. Black Friday was the most recent outage. That's a month ago.

My only hope is they extend the time frame to download this month's Free games. Due to the holidays I never got around to doing it. Today, being the last day they are available, I went to log on and nope.

Come on, for the past like 360 days out of the year PSN has been fine albiet some maintenance it goes done for a couple of hours "WHY AM I PAYING $50 A YEAR FOR THIS!?"

2011 happened 4 years (Nearly 5 years) ago, stop living there. Get out with this "happening for years" bs

down 2 orth

Come on. It's down for like 2-3 hours and this is the first unannounced widespread outage in 6 months? More?

It might depend on the region but it goes down a lot for me (Asia Pacific). And judging by the constant threads here on Gaf, it goes down a lot for other people too.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
It might depend on the region but it goes down a lot for me (Asia Pacific). And judging by the constant threads here on Gaf, it goes down a lot for other people too.

And most of those threads are ISP or other non PSN related issues more often than not.

But if there is a thread, surely it must be true!

moai

Im fine when this stuff happens im not going to die if i cant play some hours, but i understand people complaining. When electricity or water goes out companies in my country have been made to compensate their costumers for the downtime if the cause was on their side.

DrForester

Kills Photobucket
Z16nTz9.png

Boke1879

Well I'm convinced.

People really need to stop using GAF as a barometer. Anyone can make a thread on GAF about anything if their PSN has issues. It's not as widespread as people think. Outside of the DDos it's been down maybe 3 times in the last year and been right back up within the day or 2. People just love to push a narrative.

It's not so much the unscheduled maintenances, which quite honestly have been few and far between on PS4. It's more about having to pay to use a network that treats my 150meg pipe as a 5 meg pipe. PSN is shit. It's far more stable than it's ever been, but it's still shit. I hate that I pay for it and it remains that way. Having owned an Xbox One most of this gen, I can think of many more times that all or some of it was down than PSN was though.

Every network was down in black Friday.

Secondly...if you are having so much problems...maybe its service you shouldn't pay for and a system that you shouldn't own.... since dealing with the network being down once in a blue moon is so damn annoying to deal with lol you realize that you only make yourself feel this way when it really isn't right?

Tbh, you wouldn't know what great PSN felt like because you are so concern with it going down rather than it being up. All those days after black Friday and all of a sudden its still shit despite the fact, you only had to post once in here ....sure jan

kitch9

Banned

I wonder why it went down for a bit on the busiest sales day of the year....

Top Bottom