• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

PSN down due to unannounced maintenance?

Z16nTz9.png

LMAO This is great...

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
Every network was down in black Friday.

Secondly...if you are having so much problems...maybe its service you shouldn't pay for and a system that you shouldn't own.... since dealing with the network being down once in a blue moon is so damn annoying to deal with lol you realize that you only make yourself feel this way when it really isn't right?

Tbh, you wouldn't know what great PSN felt like because you are so concern with it going down rather than it being up. All those days after black Friday and all of a sudden its still shit despite the fact, you only had to post once in here ....sure jan

I would not even bother. Threads like this serve the purpose of letting people have free passes at shit posting, or people who are so privileged, to act like it is the end of the world.

TURBO1112

Every network was down in black Friday.

Secondly...if you are having so much problems...maybe its service you shouldn't pay for and a system that you shouldn't own.... since dealing with the network being down once in a blue moon is so damn annoying to deal with lol you realize that you only make yourself feel this way when it really isn't right?

Tbh, you wouldn't know what great PSN felt like because you are so concern with it going down rather than it being up. All those days after black Friday and all of a sudden its still shit despite the fact, you only had to post once in here ....sure jan

I get that some people on overreact to these issues that haven't been common lately. Live and PSN have been solid for the most part. But my question is why are you determined to defend every post that is attacking the service, even if they are wrong?

My first thought after hearing PSN was down was, "Has it been hacked again, I should remove the payment methods." Sony could learn a lot from MS on this to be honest.

BumRush

This thread is a cesspool right now. If you even mention that these occurrences are very few and far between certain folks act like you're the Sony defense force.

Fact of the matter is that both psn and xbl had really solid 2015s. I'm sure they're working on fixing the issue and preparing a statement around what happened.

Besides maintenance, did PSN not go down once in 2015? I'm racking my brain trying to remember, but I think last year was pretty solid actually.

It's a shame were starting 2016 off with this...

Sounds like you think I was trying to make a different point to the one I was.

no I'm just saying in both cases it's sometimes a legit maintenence/downtime, in others it's somebody having YMMV issues on their end like with their ISP or something. I was just trying to make the point that you can't just rely on the amount of "PSN/XBL issues!" threads created and treat it as gospel.

krang

no I'm just saying in both cases it's sometimes a legit maintenence/downtime, in others it's somebody having YMMV issues on their end like with their ISP or something. I was just trying to make the point that you can't just rely on the amount of "PSN/XBL issues!" threads created and treat it as gospel.

So was I.

Brizzo24

Decided to play Just Cause 3, and after getting through all the "Servers are down" screens I settled down to liberating my remaining provinces. No biggie, right? But when I unlocked a huge achievement/trophy it has yet to show up in my history :/ It's as if I didn't earn it. I hope it shows up when the servers come back on...

funkypie

Banned
One thing I hate about psn being down is some people just can't wait to say how shit it is compared to the competition or why it's happening when it's now paid.

Windforce

Man! I got home from work, showered and ran to my PS4 to get my Warframe fix today... :( Had some good stuff supposed to be ready in my Foundry. :(

Guess I'll play some Tomb Raider: DE.

I get that some people on overreact to these issues that haven't been common lately. Live and PSN have been solid for the most part. But my question is why are you determined to defend every post that is attacking the service, even if they are wrong?

Every post? Read sis..I entered this thread on page 4 and so far only had 6 post ever since....this being 7.

Secondly...whats this defend every post attacking the service? Where the line for every post spouting dry, used up, blatantly wrong misinformation? I didn't know facts were wrong to state lol.

Yes it can go both ways. We are all in the thread because it is down...so since we are here..i don't see the problem commenting on those post...In this thread that aren't exactly constructive to the situation at hand but rather shit posting a situation that isn't happening.

Unless you want me to say ...hells yeah PSN is down every damn day when its not...then fine.

AlfeG

So my PS4 was set to being my primary PlayStation device a while ago yet all my digital content is locked. I know this for a fact because I was able to play my digital content back in Christmas 2014 when PSN was down.
Have You try to disable internet? This help last time for me. Cannot verify now.

Savantcore

Unconfirmed Member
Haha thought I'd pass some time with MGSV and found myself 3 million GMP in the red thanks to no server connection. Staff morale down. Good times.

strikeselect

You like me, you really really like me!
I'll take this time to get on my soapbox:

Why the hell hasn't Sony implemented two step verification? Fucks sake. PSN feels like it was built by amateurs.

KAL2006

Banned
As long as I fer reimbursed after all I am paying for PSN. Of course if it were free I wouldn't mind but we should all expect to get a reimbursement of it lasts more than 24 hours.

Top Bottom