• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Brian Horton (ROTR game director) joins Infinity Ward, Gallagher joins Activision

Rise of the Tomb Raider game director Brian Horton has left Crystal Dynamics to join Call of Duty developer Infinity Ward as studio art director.

"After working on two amazing games, my family and I have decided to return to Southern California and start a new adventure," wrote Horton on Tumblr. An update to Horton's LinkedIn page spotted by Charlie Intel revealed that "new adventure" is his position at Infinity Ward.
http://m.ign.com/articles/2016/01/16/rise-of-the-tomb-raider-game-director-leaves-for-infinity-ward

Gallagher:

Senior Vice President, Head of Development
Activision

January 2016 – Present (1 month)Santa Monica

Head of Product Development and Studios
Square Enix

June 2013 – January 2016 (2 years 8 months)

Head of Studio
Crystal Dynamics/ Eidos
January 2009 – January 2016 (7 years 1 month)

Director of Art
Crystal Dynamics/Eidos
November 2005 – January 2009 (3 years 3 months)

https://www.linkedin.com/in/darrell-gallagher-278914

Nimby

Banned
Well, unless Infinity Ward is making some new IP or a complete overhaul of CoD. I'm not very excited. Good luck though.

Elitist1945

I also read Respawn for some reason which is weird since its a far cry from the words Infinity Ward. Anywho, good luck to him.

Armadilo

Banned
Infinity Ward is gonna do good this year, last year I thought Black Ops 3 was going to be the game to bring me back into COD but I decided to wait and this years COD will bring me back.

Infinity Ward are my favorite COD Devs, I'm excited

--
MW2 was my last IW game , since then Infinity Ward were trying to make games with half a team, but now they are ready.

They got top Naughty Dog devs, Neversoft merged with IW...this might be the first COD that is current Gen only.. I hope

Amir0x

Banned
Awesome, wish him the best of luck and a lifetime of success and long life and to be fruitful and multiply and all that and now he's working on a series I don't like at all and so no further harm can be done by him at least to the one I actually do!

wrowa

Shit must be real bad at CD to jump to Infinity Ward, damn

Or maybe he just simply wanted to "return to Southern California" as stated in his statement.

People always want to see the world on fire, forgetting that some people actually also have a private life that might be more important to them than their work. Not to mention that Infinity Ward likely both pays good and offers quite a secure working environment.

Awesome, wish him the best of luck and a lifetime of success and long life and to be fruitful and multiply and all that and now he's working on a series I don't like at all and so no further harm can be done by him at least to the one I actually do!
Lmao god i love amirox! Hopefully you get the tomb raider you've been longing for now

Probably not

inky

Tombcharted will continue. Don't fool yourself.
;_;

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
Square Enix is destined to be a mid-tier publisher for the foreseeable future. Activision is perpetually one of the top two publishers in the industry. Good career move if they want to stay in AAA.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Square Enix is destined to be a mid-tier publisher for the foreseeable future. Activision is perpetually one of the top two publishers in the industry. Good career move if they want to stay in AAA.
Yep. Decisions like those made with RotTR for X1 exclusivity are the reason.

Tapejara

Infinity Ward is gonna do good this year, last year I thought Black Ops 3 was going to be the game to bring me back into COD but I decided to wait and this years COD will bring me back.

Infinity Ward are my favorite COD Devs, I'm excited

--
MW2 was my last IW game , since then Infinity Ward were trying to make games with half a team, but now they are ready.

They got top Naughty Dog devs, Neversoft merged with IW...this might be the first COD that is current Gen only.. I hope

Yeah I was going to say, Infinity Ward seems to be acquiring quite a bit of talent recently.

Nirolak

Mrgrgr
When Activision has a problem, they can actually buy their way to a solution by simply hiring great staff and giving them some creative freedom within the specifications of the problem that needs solving.

Not a lot of publishers have that amount of leverage. It's what helps keep the publishers that are on top staying on top.

Similarly, Visceral was having problems at EA, so they went out and got Amy Hennig and Jade Raymond to help run the studio, picked up a major IP for them to use, and made some other management shake-ups to boot.

Top Bottom