• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What Activision Blizzard games can we expect to see on Game Pass?

pasterpl

b13920ead5f5a680390a2e29554492f4c13e_1824cr953.jpg

Might be a wee bit too early for speculations like this - at the end of the day the deal is still not closed. But just came across this article and found it interesting.

Let’s start with the big one;

Call Of Duty games​

Without a doubt, players would love to see the famous shooter series on Game Pass. If we exclude Warzone, 21 main Call of Duty games will join Microsoft's service after the deal goes through. Here's a complete list:
  • Call of Duty
  • Call of Duty: United Offensive
  • Call of Duty 2
  • Call of Duty 4: Modern Warfare (2007)
  • Call of Duty: World at War
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 (2009)
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 3
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops II
  • Call of Duty: Ghosts
  • Call of Duty: Advanced Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops III
  • Call of Duty: Infinite Warfare
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare Remastered (2017)
  • Call of Duty: WWII
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops 4
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare (2019)
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare 2 Campaign Remastered
  • Call of Duty: Black Ops Cold War
  • Call of Duty: Vanguard
  • Call of Duty: Modern Warfare II (2022)

Blizzard games​

The legendary Blizzard franchises would also be added to the already extensive list of games on PC Game Pass. The most anticipated is the Diablo franchise, with the latest fourth instalment leading the way. But there is much more to Blizzard, as you can see below:

• Diablo II: Resurrected
  • Diablo III
  • Diablo IV
  • StarCraft Remastered
  • StarCraft II: Heart of the Swarm
  • Starcraft II: Legacy of the Void
  • Starcraft II - Nova Covert Ops
  • Warcraft III: Reforged
  • World of Warcraft

When Microsoft acquired Bethesda, many of the studio's classic games were brought to the service. There's no doubt that the same might happen with Blizzard games, and we'd be able to play these gems with GP as well:

• Blizzard Arcade Collection: The Lost Vikings, Rock N Roll Racing, Blackthorne, Lost Vikings 2, RPM Racing
  • Diablo + Hellfire
  • Warcraft: Orcs and Humans
  • Warcraft II Battle.net Edition

In addition to these there loads more IPs;

• 007 Legends
• 3D Ultra Minigolf Adventures
• Aces of the Galaxy
• Arcanum: Of Steamworks and Magick Obscura
• Betrayal Collection
• Blur
• Cabela's African Adventures
• Caesar
• Caesar II
• Caesar 3
• Caesar IV
• Call to Power II
• Codename: ICEMAN
• Conquests of Camelot: The Search for the Grail
• Conquests of the Longbow: The Legend of Robin Hood
• Crash Bandicoot N. Sane Trilogy
• Crash Bandicoot 4: It's About Time
• Dark Reign
• Dark Reign 2
• Deadpool
• Emperor: Rise of the Middle Kingdom
• Gabriel Knight 3: Blood of the Sacred, Blood of the Damned
• Gabriel Knight: Sins of the Father
• Geometry Wars 3: Dimensions Evolved
• Geometry Wars: Retro Evolved
• Ghostbusters
• GUN
• Heart of China
• Interstate '82
• James Bond: Blood Stone
• King's Quest
• Marvel: Ultimate Alliance
• Marvel: Ultimate Alliance 2
• MissionForce: CyberStorm
• Monster Jam
• Outpost 2: Divided Destiny
• Phantasmagoria
• Phantasmagoria 2: A Puzzle of Flesh
• Pharaoh + Cleopatra
• Police Quest: SWAT
• Police Quest: SWAT 2
• Prototype
• Prototype 2
• Quantum of Solace
• Return to Krondor
• Return to Zork
• Rise of the Dragon
• Sekiro: Shadows Die Twice
• Shivers
• Shivers II: Harvest of Souls
• Shrek Forever After
• Singularity
• Soldier of Fortune: Platinum Edition
• Soldier of Fortune: Payback
• Soldier of Fortune II: Double Helix - Gold Edition
• Space Quest Collection
• Spycraft: The Great Game
• Spyro Reignited Trilogy
• Star Trek: Armada
• Star Trek: Armada II
• Star Trek: Away Team
• Star Trek: Bridge Commander
• Star Trek: Elite Force II
• Star Trek: Hidden Evil
• Star Trek: Starfleet Command III
• Star Trek: Voyager - Elite Force
• SWAT 3: Tactical Game of the Year Edition
• SWAT 4: Gold Edition
• Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Out of the Shadows
• The Adventures of Willy Beamish
• The Beast Within: A Gabriel Knight Mystery
• The Colonel's Bequest
• The Dagger of Amon Ra
• The History Channel: Battle For The Pacific
• The Legend of Korra
• The Movies
• Throne of Darkness
• TimeShift
• Tony Hawk's Pro Skater 1 + 2
• Tony Hawk's Pro Skater HD
• Torin's Passage
• TRANSFORMERS: Devastation
• Transformers: Fall of Cybertron
• TRANSFORMERS: Rise of the Dark Spark
• Transformers: War for Cybertron
• Vampire: The Masquerade - Bloodlines
• Vampire: The Masquerade - Redemption
• Velocity 2X
• Wolfenstein
• Wizards & Warriors
• Zeus + Poseidon
• Zork Anthology
• Zork Nemesis: The Forbidden Lands
• Zork: Grand Inquisitor

Hypothetically what games from ABK library would you like to see on GamePass First?

I would love to see enhanced Prototype and Prototype 2, same with StarCraft and Soldier Of Fortune, wouldn’t mind seeing these being rebooted with new instalments.

NickFire

If the deal closes all of it should end up there at some point. The newest COD might be held up until any marketing deals expire, but the second that happens it's there. I suppose WoW is a wildcard if they still rake in subscriptions. But even that might go F2P if MS metrics suggest it would pay off.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Good point above about WOW. That won’t be a GP game. But the rest can be when marketing deals are over.

Last edited:

tmlDan

Sekiro will not, and the only other good game on that list is the new crash game - loved it.

Unless COD improves I have no need for gamepass still, hope some good new games come along.

I'd probably give diablo 4 a shot if it was on games pass. Afterwards I would probably go confess to a priest to alleviate some of the guilt of playing a modern blizz game, but w/e

Robbinhood

Banned
Diablo 4 is the only game I'd play on that list, been waiting for a sale. The rest...jesus H they are shite. I got Cold War and Black ops 3 on PS essential, let alone the higher tier. Its all junk.

Bridges

I figure all of them that don't have license complications, and maybe even a few of those will get sorted out (I could see them making an effort to get the Ultimate Alliance games on Game Pass).

The only one I'm unsure of is World of Warcraft since it has its own subscription but that'd be a huge value add if it were bundled.

People are forgetting that Activision Blizzard own the rights to one of the best arcade racing series from the XBox 360 era, Project Gotham Racing. (Yes Microsoft published and they were exclusive, but IIRC the reason they're nowhere to be found is because the license went with Blizzard, who were bought by Activision).

Can't wait to see PGR 2, 3, and 4 on GamePass.

Last edited:

Elitro

All the games, including Wow. Did the 7 days trial and was disgusted at how the community is so unfriendly, it seriously needs fresh blood.

Would like to finish the starcraft trilogy, never ended up buying the third game.

Beechos

Just look how huge diablo 4 has been all that's needed next is a proper starcraft and warcraft sequel. A new wow would prob be perfect for a gamepass type service. Blizzard low key will be the most important part of this acquisition.

Bernkastel

Ask me about my fanboy energy!
People are forgetting that Activision Blizzard own the rights to one of the best arcade racing series from the XBox 360 era, Project Gotham Racing. (Yes Microsoft published and they were exclusive, but IIRC the reason they're nowhere to be found is because the license went with Blizzard, who were bought by Activision).

Can't wait to see PGR 2, 3, and 4 on GamePass.
The reason there will never be another PGR is because Actvision shut down Bizzarre Creations. Microsoft also owns Killer Instinct, but there has not been a Killer Instinct 2 because Amazon bought Double Helix.

Hudo

Can we get Blizzard's shit on Steam? Battle.net was a cool idea back in the 90s/early 2000s. But now it's bothersome.

salva

FTC this, CMA that, Judge whatsherface this, MS gonna kill the industry... all i care about is when are these games hitting GamePass.

AV

We ain't outta here in ten minutes, we won't need no rocket to fly through space
You're not getting old COD multiplayer for the same reason the old ones are still so expensive to buy; they want you on the new one.

Top Bottom