• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Kanye West presents The Life of Pablo |OT| WE ON AN ULTRA LIGHT BEAM

Status
Not open for further replies.

loudbill

I really hope Swish sounds like Late Registration or College Dropout. Madlib will definitely steer him in the right direction.

solarus

Hopefully it's not like when Frank Ocean was kicked off New Slaves for autotune, ugh

Eh I preferred Ye taking over that bit, made it more emotional.
"I won't end this high, not this time again
So long, so long, so long, you cannot survive
And I'm not dyin', and I can't lose
I can't lose, no, I can't lose
Cause I can't leave it to you
So let's get too high, get too high again"
;;

EloquentM

aka Mannny
Frank ocean is still on new slaves though...not as extensively but he's still there

Edit: but there are different versions of the album out there. Fwiw mine is the iTunes one. I've never opened my physical

PBY

Banned
Frank ocean is still on new slaves though...not as extensively but he's still there

Edit: but there are different versions of the album out there. Fwiw mine is the iTunes one. I've never opened my physical

I think the iTunes version is the best version.

jtb

Banned
no vic mensa on wolves???? fuck this shit i'm out

unless it's drake instead

fuck the weeknd

10 tracks has me worried, especially since Real Friends and No More Parties in LA are in the tracklist. Those songs were aight but every song in Yeezus is better than both.

Either way, I believe in Yeezus to deliver.

enzo_gt

tagged by Blackace
Oh shit, parts?!

12556126_1701587963415243_513547625_n.jpg

EDIT: OH SHIT?!

zTvIUQi.jpg

im excited but at the same time 'm sad we won't be hearing anything like yeezus again, this album will mostly serve to convince people he hasn't changed (too much). tis a shame.
Easily my biggest worry about the album. That's why ahead of time I know people will rate this as one of the worst Ye albums if it does not push boundaries or be above the already high bar set for Ye projects. I think we've had years to soften ourselves up to the fact that this is probably just 10 tracks Ye thinks are fun, but inevitably people are gonna be pissed it's not a concept album, etc.

Do you guys like the name of the Album?

I generally like his album titles for the most part, but this is the first miss for me.
I think it's a terrible name. So Help Me God was so much better.

Track One: are we sure Kanye never meant Ninja Chop?

I'd prefer it if it were Ninja Chop.
Could be, but people think it's Nina Chop because there are rumblings that he sampled a certain Nina Simone song and Ye samples her a lot. Then again Father Stretch My Hands was only "Fathe" on the notepad so who knows.

KTT really thinks were getting a double album
http://www.kanyetothe.com/forum/index.php?topic=4479233.0

I think maybe we get a wolves pt 2 on Views tho.
I'll believe it when I see it. We heard the same shit about Yeezus before it came out, so many songs Ye couldn't whittle them down.

We cant discuss leaks whut? Since when Kanye album did that happen
That's mostly a vestige of the MBDTF thread, where people were posting full album download links until mods got in there and cleaned house. Individual songs/releases should be fair game because that's essentially what keeps the industry running and they help ensure that as well.

cb1115

I Was There! Official L Receiver 2/12/2016
He planned his albums as College Dropout, Late Registration and good ass job way back before even CD.

Of course it didn't work like that.

oh i know but it still would've been a fun callback

overcast

What do you guys think the pre release hype/marketing means direction wise here? If you can even gather things I guess. A lot seems to be "studio time", connecting with other artists.. Although that's always Ye. Soundcloud is a big part too.

Yeezus had the "NOT FOR SALE", pure energy/anger movement going. His performance on SNL and those street videos indicated as such.

What do you guys think the pre release hype/marketing means direction wise here? If you can even gather things I guess. A lot seems to be "studio time", connecting with other artists.. Although that's always Ye. Soundcloud is a big part too.

Yeezus had the "NOT FOR SALE", pure energy/anger movement going. His performance on SNL and those street videos indicated as such.

The direction tells me to lower my expectations.

He started off debuting music in gallery installations with Steve McQueen visuals and experimenting in the studio with Paul McCartney.

Now he's putting tracks on Soundcloud and posting badly lit Instagram pics with Swizz Beats.

robotrock

Banned
Remember when everyone was convinced we were getting King of Limbs Pt 2?

100%. I remember that so well. People were seriously convinced about nonexistent ARG business and whatever, plus that Chieften Mews account wasn't helping. My brother was convinced we were going to get a new album, The Queen of Diamonds, a few weeks after The King of Limbs.

I need another Justin Vernon odd pairing like "Hold My Liquor".

It could be Justin Vernon & Swae Lee, or Justin Vernon & Young Thug, I don't care if its Justin Vernon & Slim Jesus, JV and Kanye always delivers.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom