• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

mysterious new Pokken character in merchandise?

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
http://www.bpnavi.jp/kuji/item/1444

So that site lists many a pokken-related merch, but this one in particular is a surprise

G15Fc2DAirYU4h.jpg

From what I gathered this came out way after Chandelure's reveal, and none of the introduced characters (that is, Chandelure, Braixen, Garchomp, Mewtwo) match the silhouette.

Phu

Banned
It might just be a special chain that you can only get from purchasing the box set [not sold individually].

I'm pretty sure I've seen similar situations with figurines with a bonus that is a variation of a character already in the box. The secret one could be like Pikachu Libre dropping onto Mega Lucario or something.

the distinct outlines though

Then again they also put the "effects" as part of the keychain outline
Those "effects" are all added; they aren't in the official art. This "secret" mon could be anything, really. And considering that the visible mons are the first 9, it seems very possible to me that the makers of these chains are simply lagging horribly behind the times.

Madao

what if it is a brand new Gen 7 poke?

pokes from future gens have appeared in side games before their gen debuts.

JoeM86

Chandelure fits that silhouette well. Add some ghostlyness like Gengar and it's perfect.

While it's certain more characters are coming, I think this is being read into a bit too much.

I just realized they could be different pokemon by just those silhouettes.

Let's see... (going from top-bottom, left-right)

1. Hippopotas
2. Omastar
3. Shelgon
4. Staryu melted
5. Larvitar
6. Rattata with a big hat on its back and sitting in a bucket
7. Omastar, again
8. Tepig
9. Breloom, but it took its cap off

Um isn't that just a special one that has a higher rarity is than the rest. Its pretty common thing to do in many Japanese collectibles, its meant to keep you buying them in hope you get it. Its probably one of the fighters not represented yet or an assist. It could even just be the Pokken Tournament logo.

Boss Doggie

all my loli wolf companions are so moe
Um isn't that just a special one that has a higher rarity is than the rest. Its pretty common thing to do in many Japanese collectibles, its meant to keep you buying them in hope you get it. Its probably one of the fighters not represented yet or an assist. It could even just be the Pokken Tournament logo.

What if the logo is playable after all!

Top Bottom