• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Project64 Now Emulates the 64DD

Does this mean the F Zero X-Pansion Pack Course Creation Community might see a resurgence?

From, you know, 12 Japanese people to 12 Japanese people and four North Americans?

Awesome, now I can finally play Simcity 64!

250px-Simcity64_boxart.PNG

Only the installer has malware. I can guarentee you that the actual emulator doesn't contain shit.

One thing that should be done, get the new RDB file I mentioned in the comments of that EmuCR build. It would avoid you to set the 64DD IPL to Interpreter and 8MB of RAM (that's the only way to get 64DD emulation to work for now).

EmuCR will do another build tomorrow with the new RDB file so you just need to download it and that's it. I also recommend getting GLideN64. It's the only way to get Mario Artist Talent Studio to boot.

EDIT: Also, unfortunately, Sim City 64 isn't really playable. It only works with angrylion RDP plugin for now (so it's slow).

Only the installer has malware. I can guarentee you that the actual emulator doesn't contain shit.

One thing that should be done, get the new RDB file I mentioned in the comments of that EmuCR build. It would avoid you to set the 64DD IPL to Interpreter and 8MB of RAM (that's the only way to get 64DD emulation to work for now).

EmuCR will do another build tomorrow with the new RDB file so you just need to download it and that's it. I also recommend getting GLideN64. It's the only way to get Mario Artist Talent Studio to boot.

EDIT: Also, unfortunately, Sim City 64 isn't really playable. It only works with angrylion RDP plugin for now (so it's slow).

Well that sucks, hopefully there will be a fix for it because I've been waiting to play this version of Simcity forever.

Given that many are going to check out the emulator and that it's bundled with malware, I recommend that everyone installs Unchecky. Always be careful when installing new programs, but in case something flys under your radar, Unchecky'll have your back.

Well that sucks, hopefully there will be a fix for it because I've been waiting to play this version of Simcity forever.

Well that only depends on the Graphic Plugins as far as I know.
Also forgot to mention, if you want F-Zero X + Expansion Kit to work, set RDRAM to 8MB on F-Zero X (J).
The Expansion Pak for the N64, the one that adds RAM, was originally made for the 64DD in mind. That's why 8MB is required.

(EDIT: Or you try the ROM with F-Zero X + Expansion Kit in one translated to English :D)

Well that only depends on the Graphic Plugins as far as I know.
Also forgot to mention, if you want F-Zero X + Expansion Kit to work, set RDRAM to 8MB on F-Zero X (J).
The Expansion Pak for the N64, the one that adds RAM, was originally made for the 64DD in mind. That's why 8MB is required.

I see well then I guess that's why Simcity 64 isn't running all that well, at least there's a way to get the expansion pak for F-Zero X to work.

But how do I make a legal dump of a DD game?

I want to play Polygon Studio BAAAAAAD.

You use my 64DD dumper and a 64drive... or you get the dumps, which are available on the same website you get my dumper. lol

If you want to play Polygon Studio though, angrylion is your best choice because you cannot model with any of the other plugins, unfortunately.

Madao

You use my 64DD dumper and a 64drive... or you get the dumps, which are available on the same website you get my dumper. lol

If you want to play Polygon Studio though, angrylion is your best choice because you cannot model with any of the other plugins, unfortunately.

there's no way to do it with everdrive?

i really want a dump of my EK disc with the tracks and ghosts i have. i fear the thing might fail any day now being a magnetic disk from 16 years ago..

I always wanted to play Mario Artist: Talent Studio. Of course it's in Japanese so I probably couldn't play it.

You would be surprised but I don't know much japanese, and I got my way through all Mario Artist games. There's not that much japanese words in it, it's all icons for the most part.

I had a blast with Talent Studio, it's a really fun game, and it makes me wish Nintendo made more Mario Artist, such potential is just wasted. There's even a MOVIE MAKER IN IT.
I really want Nintendo to push Miis even further the same way Mario Artist did things, especially with the Wii U!

there's no way to do it with everdrive?

i really want a dump of my EK disc with the tracks and ghosts i have. i fear the thing might fail any day now being a magnetic disk from 16 years ago..

Sorry it doesn't work on the Everdrive 64, mostly because coding SD card support is like hell for it.
If anyone wants to port the code, the source is available.

Top Bottom