• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Ratchet and Clank Movie TV Spot

Warxard

Banned
Just played this for some of the elementary students I work with, asked me immediately what Ratchet and Clank was with excited faces.

Seems like something that would air on cartoon network. They love their gimmicky adds that repeat annoying stuff over and over. Oh wait this probably will.

KissVibes

Banned
So does Sony like secretly hate this franchise or what? Is it a money laundering scheme? They treat it pretty damn poorly often.

Grover

Banned
S0DOD26.gif

Just played this for some of the elementary students I work with, asked me immediately what Ratchet and Clank was.

Well, the last Ratchet game from the top Insomniac office was A Crack in Time and that was out in 2009. From what I understand, every Ratchet game since then (All 4 One, Full Frontal Assault, and Into The Nexus- which is technically a sequel to ACIT) have all come out of Insomniac's North Carolina office and have just come and gone with little fanfare. I don't know which office is working on the new game.

Warxard

Banned
Well, the last Ratchet game from the top Insomniac office was A Crack in Time and that was out in 2009. From what I understand, every Ratchet game since then (All 4 One, Full Frontal Assault, and Into The Nexus- which is technically a sequel to ACIT) have all come out of Insomniac's North Carolina office and have just come and gone with little fanfare. I don't know which office is working on the new game.

The kids are excited for the movie
But... why not just do what Pixar/Disney/Whatever does?
You mean the same annoying commercials

But... why not just do what Pixar/Disney/Whatever does?

Those commercials you see on youtube are re arranged to be like this as well. They tend to focus on the most gimmicky aspect of the movie. I think i remember seeing a frozen one a while back that focused on Olaf saying a particular word over and over.

daveo42

Banned
Seems like they have zero clue on how to market this film, which means it's prob ad execs pulling all the strings at this point. Yikes indeed.

You just haven't been watching kids networks. Stuff like this is all over the place. Hell cartoon network does it for their bumpers.

Or I just don't understand kids these days.

udivision

Those commercials you see on youtube are re arranged to be like this as well. They tend to focus on the most gimmicky aspect of the movie. I think i remember seeing a frozen one a while back that focused on Olaf saying a particular word over and over.
Maybe I am out of touch.

No, it is the children who are wrong.

The only reason I have hope (a glimmer, at least) is because the core voice cast will reprise their roles and T.J. Fixman, the core writer of the series, despite having left Insomniac a while ago, returned to write the script.

JordanN

Banned
I laughed.

I don't think they're seriously implying the movie is entirely sheep jokes. That's something a Dreamworks movie would do..

AwRy108

Into the Nexus was actually a really good R&C game, though it was about 75% shorter than normal (I think it was originally planned to be episodic).

Full Frontal (on PS3--the Vita port was an atrocity) was a decent PSN title, but it didn't need to lean on the R&C universe--it would be well suited for a PS4 title, especially with the much better online MP suite that the new console offers. Same goes for All-4-one.

In any event, the main-line R&C games on PS2 and PS3 are some of my all-time favorite games (A Crack In Time was a nearly perfect gaming experience in every way), and, thus, I am pretty excited to see the movie, too.

Trace

Banned
Yep that's a kid's cartoon commercial.

It's a catchy way of having something stick in the kid's head until he can get Mom to take him to the movies.

I mean, I wish the commercials in any way marketed the movie, but this is youth advertising.

Endless repetition in hopes of spawning memes amongst children under ten.

Into the Nexus was actually a really good R&C game, though it was about 75% shorter than normal (I think it was originally planned to be episodic).

Full Frontal (on PS3--the Vita port was an atrocity) was a decent PSN title, but it didn't need to lean on the R&C universe--it would be well suited for a PS4 title, especially with the much better online MP suite that the new console offers. Same goes for All-4-one.

In any event, the main-line R&C games on PS2 and PS3 are some of my all-time favorite games (A Crack In Time was a nearly perfect gaming experience in every way), and, thus, I am pretty excited to see the movie, too.

Yeah, I've heard great things about Into the Nexus. Unfortunately it just was released unceremoniously. Another problem was that it released in late 2013, just days before PS4 launched. It was sort of sent to die. The game launched on November 6th. PS4 launched on November 15th.

you guys are acting like tv spots aimed at children have ever been good

It's funny watching that now, considering digital is being sort of pushed back against now. In fact retro is becoming the "in" thing now. With more and more movies using film again, the growing return of vinyl, Kodak's revival of Super-8 cameras, etc., the past is present I suppose.

It's not nearly as bad as they're making it sound.

Just watched it. The "song" attempt was sort of annoying, but yeah it wasn't nearly as bad as expected.

Spirits within didn't kill the ff series. I think the games will be fine at least.

Though, I have a feeling there might not be a second RC movie.

I'm not worried about that at all, but I do want the movie not to be bad. These TV spots don't really change how I feel about how the actual movie will be though since it doesn't really tell me anything. I'm sure it's probably fine for a cartoon network ad aimed at kids.

Top Bottom