• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

GAF, what are your favourite game maps? (Actual maps, not multiplayer maps)

I loved the Collector's Editions maps in the Witcher 2 and 3. I prefer the style in 2, rather than 3's overly artistic design, but they're both beautiful:

the_witcher_2_assassins_of_kings_dark_edition_xbox_360_ntsc_wb_games_22.jpg

1qyumoq.jpg

I'm also a huge fan of Skyrim's in-game map, both from a technical and gameplay perspective. Looks great for its time, and allows for a lot of interaction.

And then EatChildren's thread made me wish The Witcher 3 had used Skyrim's map system, because god damn look at this beauty:

Fragile Dreams: Farewell Ruins of the Moon

Every area has a hand drawn map that is filled in as you go. Seto makes not of different things you find. Even cooler is that various areas have cats you can befriend for absolutely no reason. If you play or feed them Seto draws a picture on the map. That's the only record of the interaction.

Big props to Xseed for their localization of these maps.

6lMzdEU.png

Playing Sam and Max as a young British kid, this map was basically my education into what the USA was like. It pretty much scared me off from visiting.

Thud

I only owned two maps, but I think they're neat.

Rayman2_map.jpg

I'm not sure if this is all of it, I remember all the levels were on a map as well. I always looked at it. Magical experience and my favorite Ubisoft game.

merch_Ys-Cel-map.JPG

The silver edition of Memories of Celceta came with this map (as a cloth).

Freeman76

Guild wars 2 has amazing maps, and more recently the witness. Too many others to mention, those two just sprang to mind when i read that title.

Top Bottom