• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

N++ coming to Steam

Status
Not open for further replies.

JaseC

gave away the keys to the kingdom.
GAF -> GAF -> GAF, but since not everybody peruses the game's OT or Steam thread:

hey everyone,
I'm afraid that the patch has a bug: in certain situations some of the evil ninjas are invisible, making a few levels impossible.

We've already figured out what the problem is, so it should be patched soon (sadly it seems to take us 1-2 weeks to actually get through cert without issues though).

I'm really sorry about this "fix a bug, create a new bug" pattern that all of our patches suffer from. It's really embarrassing! :/

The good news: we've found a new programmer, and they've been working on porting N++ to Steam for the past month or so. There are still a few more months of work -- we want to add all of the planned post-launch-update stuff that got put on hold when our team imploded -- but we will definitely be bringing N++ to Steam. We're still looking at other platforms too.

Anyway, thanks for your continued support... and please keep letting us know if you find any new bugs.

Raigan

Fantastic news, have a lot of love for N+ back in the day, certainly a lot of happy memories of cracking it open with some mates and running through a few levels or so. Look forward to getting the opportunity to play the sequel.

N goes back to PC. Sweet.

Btw. Does the original N still have a community of level designers and players? I was into that scene for a short while.

Edag88

Banned
I've been meaning to ask you guys, how is the PSP version of N+? The DS version is impossibly small.

I 100%ed the DS version, dunno what you're talking about.

That said, I've run into some of these bugs and it's been very disappointing. I should have waited on this one. I had so much faith after N+ I jumped in blind. Stupid of me.

Zakalwe

Banned
I helped run the original N community way back in 2003 or so, really cool to see how it's developed since then.

The custom making scene was amazing, do the new games have decent communities?

Zakalwe

Banned
N goes back to PC. Sweet.

Btw. Does the original N still have a community of level designers and players? I was into that scene for a short while.

Seems to be still going, although nowhere near as active as it used to be. Some of the older designers are still there though.

What was your username? Anyone else here from the old community?

I'm astheoceansblue, I really should get around to making map 400...

Will purchase. I guess workshop levels makes a bit of sense?

Just watched the Giant Bomb quick look. Love the Numberwang reference. Was more of a Quizzlestick fan though.

D

Deleted member 125677

Unconfirmed Member
Aww yeah! Looking forward to this!!!

JaseC

Where's Saoirse?

I watched Fantastic Mr. Fox last night for the first time in donkey's years and thought, "The wolf would make for a nice avatar", so I figured I'd give it a go. Might be temporary. Might be permanent. I actually wouldn't be surprised if I've inadvertently pinched someone else's avatar, haha.

creid

I've still barely scratched the surface on the PS4 version, but I hope it finds the audience it deserves on PC.

Endy MacK

Fantastic game. Fantastic music. I have easily over a dozen hours in to it, and have barely scratched the surface. Please support it :)

JaseC

After 8 fucking years? Why now?

Ports are relatively cheap and with Steam only ever increasing in popularity, the PC version is likely to be profitable after some time even if it doesn't exactly set the Top Sellers chart on fire.

Yudoken

FINALLY!

Man, N started on PC and I really was annoyed that the new version on 360 (N+) or PS4 never released on Steam or somewhere else.
Normally smaller games like this get a Steam version sooner or later but somehow the devs didn't do it.

Going to buy this on launch, I need jump and rubs like this.

One of the better PS4 exclusives, Bloodborne (and N++, I love good jump and runs) are the only reason for me to get a PS4.

Now I can remove N++ from that list and ignore the PS4 for a couple of years more until all interesting exclusives get dirt chrap and the new version of the console (which should take a year or so) gets out.

I haven't followed the OT -- what happened with the dev team imploding?

Awesome news for Steam fans. I bought a PS4 primarily for N++.

I wonder if the community PS4 levels will get migrated to the PC version somehow. Having a ton of extra levels at launch would be great; ought to add to launch hype too.
Maybe the level sharing will even be fully crossplatform, that would strengthen both playerbases.

Sciz

Yessssss.

Played a ton of N back in the day, but never picked up N+. I'll happily lose my life to this again.

nded

It's crazy that it took this long to get a proper PC version considering N started out as a Flash game.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
It's crazy that it took this long to get a proper PC version considering N started out as a Flash game.

I'm shocked they didn't even port N+ to Steam.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom