• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Dragon's Dogma 2 Update Available Now on PS5 and Steam, Xbox X|S coming "in the next few days"

Topher

Gold Member
Patch Notes:

[PlayStation®5 / Steam]
  • Adding the option to start a new game when save data already exists.
  • Changing the number of "Art of Metamorphosis" items available at Pawn Guilds in the game to 99.
  • Making the quest that allows players to acquire their own dwelling (where they can save and rest) available earlier in the game.
  • Miscellaneous text display issues.
  • Miscellaneous bug fixes.
[PlayStation®5]
  • Adding the option* to switch Motion Blur on/off in Options.
  • Adding the option* to switch Ray Tracing on/off in Options.
  • Adding the option to set Frame Rate at Max 30fps in Options.
[Steam]
  • Improving quality when DLSS SUPER RESOLUTION is enabled.
  • Fixing an issue related to the display of models under some specific settings.
  • *These options won't affect frame rate significantly. Improvements to frame rate are planned for future updates.
Updates to Xbox Series X|S are planned in the next few days.

Skifi28

Haven't tried the PC version yet to see if performance is more consistent on my 11400 like some reports, but the cap on ps5 is much appreciated out in the wilderness.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
I didn’t notice a difference on the PS5. You can only disable/enable ray tracing from the main menu, and not in game.

darrylgorn

Paying more money for shitty performance and micro transactions.

oQDzZH5.gif

Hohenheim

"These options won't affect frame rate significantly. Improvements to frame rate are planned for future updates." (From the Steam patch notes)

Then i'll wait a while longer.
Saw the Banishers game is on sale on Steam,so i'll play that first.
Looking forward to DD2 soon!

Pop

On the PS5 turning off motion blur and Ray Tracing def has the game running closer to 45ish to 50 fps range. Hell I'll take it

Kenpachii

" Improvements to frame rate are planned for future updates."

Lol must be nice to be a 70 euro beta tester lol. How was this not there main priority. Game will be dead by then.

proandrad

Games take twice as long to make and devs still dedicate the last month before release to optimize. Then they complain that making games is hard when they put out an unfinished product. Only gamers support this shit, imagine buying a book with smaller font for the longer chapters and readers supporting it because it’s technically readable if you look at it close enough.

Last edited:

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
" Improvements to frame rate are planned for future updates."

Lol must be nice to be a 70 euro beta tester lol. How was this not there main priority. Game will be dead by then.
It’s 2024. This is not as big of a deal as a site like this makes it. And games like this never die. Just look at the first game, or Monster Hunter as examples. The numbers will fluctuate with sales. But this is the kind of game that will be played for years. Off, and on.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
FI5HiEE.png

RT off seems to give 4, 7 FPS advantage at *BEST* on PS5 and the average is still always below the VRR threshold of 48hz.

Hoping to get the Xbox patch in a day or two, I can wait on starting this and focus on Ronin in the meantime.

The LFC and higher VRR threshold will definitely be a big boon for the Xbox version.

TheShocker

RT off seems to give 4, 7 FPS advantage at *BEST* on PS5 and the average is still always below the VRR threshold of 48hz.

Hoping to get the Xbox patch in a day or two, I can wait on starting this and focus on Ronin in the meantime.

The LFC and higher VRR threshold will definitely be a big boon for the Xbox version.
But that image quality is flat out awful. Hope a fix to the checkerboard rendering is in the Xbox patch.

Luipadre

Absolute shit show in frame times for that locked 30fps

P7c1RjI.jpg

From performance perspective game is still garbage.

+4-5 fps and much worse lighting. I'd never turn RT off in this game. I'll just wait until they patch this game and maybe waiting for the ps5 pro aswell to buy and play this

Filben

I'm not sure if that choice of engine, which was originally designed for linear games, was a good one. Sure, you can alter and update your engine, but only so much. See that crappy Fallout engine in Starfield where you have still loading screens every three minutes. Some things, you simply can't get rid off nor update. It's either the engine or their lack of competence in handling that engine for large open world games.

clarky

Gold Member
It’s 2024. This is not as big of a deal as a site like this makes it. And games like this never die. Just look at the first game, or Monster Hunter as examples. The numbers will fluctuate with sales. But this is the kind of game that will be played for years. Off, and on.
The game runs like dogshit. You shouldn't be so accepting of sub standard products. Not saying enjoyment can't be had with this title but wouldn't it be nice if it ran great out of the box?

It needs a few performance patches and shouldn't have release in the state its in (PC). I refunded and will buy back like im sure many others did.

Last edited:

Giallo Corsa

Gold Member
I'm not sure if that choice of engine, which was originally designed for linear games, was a good one. Sure, you can alter and update your engine, but only so much. See that crappy Fallout engine in Starfield where you have still loading screens every three minutes. Some things, you simply can't get rid off nor update. It's either the engine or their lack of competence in handling that engine for large open world games.

It's gotta be A) the RE engine which, like you said, hasn't been proven when it comes to open world games and B) it feels like they REALLY had to release it this quarter aka it needed more time in the oven®.

Either way, I'm gonna buy it when the performance gets ironed out, don't care if that's gonna take the PS5 Pro, PS6 or Xbox next to be able to do so but by that time, there's probably going to be a GOTY/Gold (typical of Capcom)/Dark arisen edition so it's a win-win for me.

Last edited:

clarky

Gold Member
It's gotta be A) the RE engine which, like you said, hasn't been proven when it comes to open world games and B) it feels like they REALLY had to release it this quarter aka it needed more time in the oven®.

Either way, I'm gonna buy it when the performance gets ironed out, don't care if that's gonna take the PS5 Pro, PS6 or Xbox next to be able to do so but by that time, there's probably going to be a GOTY/Gold (typical of Capcom)/Dark arisen edition so it's a win-win for me.
I'd go for option B, they are adding "features" like 30fps lock and raytracing toggles just a week after launch. Tell tale signs this came in very hot.

Last edited:
I guess it's amazing that in 2024 a game was released where you can't start a new game when you already have an existing save file and they had to patch it in when people were like wtf. Developers really don't play their own games huh

Moochi

Pc went from like 7 fps in cities to 60 for me. Playing on a 3090 with a 11900KF, 4k max settings, ray tracing on. Very glad the update came out so fast.

Top Bottom