• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite game to play in altered state of mind!

Smash bros brawl on acid with my 2 best mates was one of the best things. All of those colours pulsating, and you feel each attack hurt your opennent. It got to the point that sometimes we didn't want to end the match because we didn't want anyone to lose.

Mario kart 8 and Smash wiiu high as a kite is a hilarious experience with a group of mates.

NAPK1NS

I recently came home from a party after doing a bunch of Molly and my roommate and I fired up Smash WiiU. Fucking hilarious.

I've also had the pleasure of playing Journey and Flower on mushrooms and they're just incredible. Really beautiful games.

Crayons

Banned
I think that playing any game on MDMA other than maybe DDR is a waste of Molly honestly.

But for tripping, I'd go with Bit. Trip, Smash Bros, Katamary, colorful games you know

I'm considerably better at Rocket League when I'm drunk. My friends that I play ranked with agree, too. I guess it just loosens me up and I get ballsy and try doing crazier plays that tend to work out in my favor most of the time. I have footage of us playing a round with guys ranked higher than us where we obliterate them 15-0. They kept challenging us to rematches and when they finally won against us after 5 games they left.

BibiMaghoo

I once played Bloodrayne on PS2 with a couple of friends while on LSD. It was one of the funniest evenings I have ever had. My friend simply could not manage to control the game at all, and would repeatedly jump of a cliff by mistake. Trying to deal with the combat at high speed was incredibly hard but fun. It was so good. Devil May Cry gets a shout here also.

Playing it the day after? Not so much fun.

Pretty much any Mario platformer under the sun. C'mon now... mushrooms? My friend's Dad said playing SMB1 with his friends back in the day listening to Jimi Hendrix were the greatest times of his life lol.

SoulUnison

Banned
There's something about the Naruto: Storm series that absolutely hooks me on a lazy weekend night when I'm a bit drunk and a little stoned.

If I get matched up with the right kind of player of about even skill I can easily keep hitting "rematch" for hours until the sun comes up.

Fonds

Running around in some of the more aesthetic zones in World of Warcraft when baked is pretty good.

So is doing LFR... heh

Running around in some of the more aesthetic zones in World of Warcraft when baked is pretty good.

So is doing LFR... heh

I remember playing WoW with a friend of mine and his girlfriend once while they were tripping balls. They got lost in STV and were just constantly stupefied by how "amazing" everything there was.

spineduke

Unconfirmed Member
I tried playing rainbow six siege while baked. Not the best of ideas... The ambient sounds and footsteps are too much and induce you into a wave of paranoia, and as the timer ticks down a really tense music starts to build up and up and up until... You almost burst a vein from all the tension. I was so thankful when the round was over.

I was high the first time I played through Journey. That was an experience.

I also smoked a J before booting up GTA V for the first time and spent about 20 minutes setting the gamma balance.

Doczu

Get friends. Get drunk.
Play Mario Kart.
Get more drunk
Have a blast.

Drunk Nintendo games are the best games. Local multiplayer for life

All local multiplayer games, co-op or versus must stay. It doesn't feel nearly as good to talk shit wile drunk over the mic. Thanks to Nintendo i've learned a 1000 different ways to tell someone they suck.

I don't smoke anymore but back during uni we racked up like 25000 races on Mario Kart Wii and I was baked for pretty much all of them.... It never got old and was always hilarious so I'd have to go with that.

Was baked for like 200 hours of Skyrim too, the skybox was so distracting haha

Back in the day, Resident Evil 4 and GTA San Andreas were my favourite games to play high.

Before those games came out, it was stuff like Super Mario Sunshine, Metroid Prime, THPS3&4, the old N64 wrestling games like No Mercy, Revenge etc...

In the last few years, I remember Bioshock (1&2) being particularly awesome to play while in that state, especially with headphones (hearing splicers say all sorts of crazy shit from afar is pretty freaky while stoned). Bioshock Infinite's DLC was also awesome to play through while high.

I have a feeling Dishonored would be a great game to play while high but I haven't done so (to the extent I'd like) yet.

I love survival horror games and have often tried to play particularly dark/messed up ones while stoned. Since weed intensifies everything for me, the environment in those types of games always seems so much more fucked up and 'evil', simple things like the textures on walls and doors will stand out way more as being inherently creepy/dark.

I remember doing some form of weed edible about 5 years ago and then trying to play the start section of Silent Hill 3 (the lakeside amusement park nightmare) in the stage that the high was coming on. It was pretty unpleasant as I was too fucked up to know what to do so I would just run around getting corned by those big 'closer' enemies all the time. The audio was just so fucking twisted it really made for quite a bad experience, so I just turned it off after presumably 3-5 minutes of being stuck and not being able to get away. I remember playing that game other times while stoned and enjoying it a bit more but it always feels extremely creepy, especially in the otherworld.

Silent Hill 2 is one I've played more extensively while high and it's much less mentally draining than SH3 and things like running through the foggy town feels awesome and super immersive in that mindstate. Areas like the prison, labyrinth etc are on par with a lot of the SH3 areas in terms of that feeling of "eww everything's so fucked up". Playing the opening of SH2 (basically from the start till you reach the apartments) while stoned and wearing headphones is insane, some of the things you hear in the distance... The original Silent Hill is in some ways still the scariest to me, playing through the whole Midwich elementary section including the otherworld transformation is quite the challenge while under the influence.

I remember loading PT one time about 6 months ago, being pretty high at the time and literally taking a few in-game steps then saying fuck it and quitting out of fear, scaredness, and last but not least, being afraid.

Condemned is another game that was similarly horrifying to play high, especially the department store (not only the mannequins, but the old christmas decorations and background music etc was creepy as fuck) and the school level.

I subject myself to similarly dark films while stoned sometimes too, like I've watched Suspiria and Session 9 (two of my fav horror movies) while stoned several times, and they're both extremely chilling/disturbing, sound design being a huge part of that.

On the more fun side of things, Mortal Kombat (9) was good fun while stoned, Hitman Blood Money (and Contracts), Hotline Miami 1&2. Heaps of others, most games are enhanced by weed really...

I almost never play video games after drinking as alcohol severely decreases my attention span so I can't focus properly - good thing I don't drink that often.

Bazza

Usually have a monthly meetup with a friend where we will get battered and play games. Castle Crashers on MDMA was always fun, to be honest MDMA on any same room multiplayer game is (currently Diablo 3).

Speed is a dodgy one, fucking good for a gaming session but jebus it can be hard to put the fightstick down once you have started, one particular MvC3 session we had was 28 hours long.

Ketamine can be hit an miss looking forward to trying that with some VR headset, the drug itself generally gives me the feeling I'm controlling myself from a 3rd person perspective.

And then there is booze.

obeast

Witcher 3 high. Everyone must try it.

I reignited my marijuana habit, so to speak, on literally the same day I purchased TW3, and to this day the smell of my vaporizer brings me back to Velen. A really perfect game, in my opinion, for that particular narcotic.

Resogun has a sweet spot somewhere between the third and fourth beer.

Second that. All my best scores have come after a couple of beers.

My selection is the new Killer Instinct. Grab a few beers or smokes and this game is epic. It allows you to get into a rhythm, a flow whilst looking very pretty indeed.

Top Bottom