• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Favorite game to play in altered state of mind!

Thewonandonly

So friday I bought the witness and decided to play it high as hell to be frank. Well I open the main door and think "Holy shit this games looks beautiful" almost sheeded a tear to be honest. Then I started playing the game and I realized that playing this game high made me think to much and my head started hurting. So I realize it takes a special game to play in a altered state of mind and enjoy. My favorites are

Titanfall

930.0x524.0.jpg

O my god was this game incredibly high. This came out right when I started experimenting with mary jane so it was still new. My friend came over one day and we decided to get baked and play it. We are laughing are asses off as we watch each other attempt to get a kill. Then when I called it my titan for the first time I looked at my friend and we both just had are jaws on the floor in shock. This game was so epic and awesome even though I was complete ass while high it was fun to look at.

The witcher 3: wild hunt

witcher3_en_wallpaper_the_witcher_3_wild_hunt_geralt_with_trophies_1920x1080_1449484678.jpg

Wow this game is something else. I became a stoner basically when this game came out so I new how to control it and could actually play this game high unlike titan fall. This game just sucked me in though and I had to divulge every last snippet of story I could. I was also in shock every time that I had to fight a new monster. I remember the bloody baron mission I played after a big session and I was in awe the whole time. This may be my favorite game of all time and its enhanced by mary jane for me.

Undertale

0110.png

This game is something else. This is the first game that I have really played with turn based attacks because I usually don't like those games. Everything about this game was perfect though and being high just reading the story and laughing all the time. I immediately fell in love with every character in this game. I would get off work smoke then go into my room with my laptop and headphones and turn off the lights. I was totally emerged in this game from the music which is phenomenal to the story which is touching and hilarious.

So gaf what is your favorite game to play high, drunk, whatever just not in your right state of mind :)

Hato-kun

Witcher 3 high af was the most amazing thing ever. sunk 400ish hours into it.

Recently I've been playing a lot of Nuclear Throne and Halo 5.

Tagyhag

I like to play Euro Truck Simulator when I'm incredibly sleepy because it makes the experience more realistic and I try really hard to not get any infractions.

Thewonandonly

Witcher 3 high af was the most amazing thing ever. sunk 400ish hours into it.

Recently I've been playing a lot of Nuclear Throne and Halo 5.

O ya halo 5's campaign was amazing high still don't understand the hate because it was fun as hell. Nuclear throne I loved playing high but as soon as I made it to the ice level and died I would rage quit and not play again haha.

I used to play games while smoking weed all the time but I smoke so rarely nowadays that if I try to play Destiny whilst high, I just suck.

Still rock at Souls no matter how sober/not sober I am though

DrunkDan

Spent hours of my youth stoned playing multiplayer n64 games (Mario Kart, Perfect Dark, Goldeneye) and ps2 Tiger Woods and Pro Evo.

Fond memories.

Bronetta

Ask me about the moon landing or the temperature at which jet fuel burns. You may be surprised at what you learn.
Drugs are bad mkay

Flower when you're baked is bliss.

Any of Thatgamecompany's games are great when you're high. Journey's ending made me cry like a bitch, so probably don't play Journey if you're ripped and don't want to feel feelings. Special mention to flOw, which, while very engrossing when you are in an "altered state of mind," can be very frustrating with the Sixaxis controls.

tariniel

For real, when I read the title the first thing I thought of was drunk Titanfall. The game is so fast that when you're drunk it's just a completely surreal experience, almost like riding a rollercoaster and you can't believe how fast you're going. It was by incredible.

Second place was drunk Diablo 3 with a friend in vanilla launch where all we tried to do was train mobs on top of and kill eachother with all the crazy shit.

Kaz42

I used to get high on painkillers and try to play games thinking I would enjoy it. All it did was make me woozy and I'd have to stop after a few minutes. Can't speak for other altered states of mind as I don't drink/smoke.

Thewonandonly

Rodie running around the map gibbing people with the shotgun in Gears of War is one of the best things ever when stoned.

This I can vouch for especially poning people with the tourqe bow. Except when I'm stoned I rage quit way to easy so one bad match and I'm pissed off and have to change game.

mcz117chief

That reminds me, I was thinking about playing TitanFall again, is the PC community still there? Does it take a reasonable time to find a match on PC?

Thewonandonly

That reminds me, I was thinking about playing TitanFall again, is the PC community still there? Does it take a reasonable time to find a match on PC?

Sadly I heard that the pc version is pretty dead, but i booted up the xbox one version recently and found a match pretty quickly.

I'll just back out of this thread aha, I don't believe in drugs. Mario Kart 8 is fun to play with a few beers and friends.

Super Mario Maker. The weirdness of user created levels is amplified tenfold.

GTAV. Good varied experience, can go wherever the mood takes you. Maybe that's doing missions, zoning out and exploring, or letting inspiration to do dumb things take hold. Like hijacking a plane and parachuting out of it onto a high rise, and lobbing a bunch of grenades from on high.

Earth Defense Force. Or really any dumb arcadey thing with huge mobs of enemies. Bonus points for this one having a dumb b-movie vibe to it.

jorgeton

REZ is pretty incredible on herbal refreshments. Esp if you crank up that 5.1 sound.

Wine drunk FFXIV is best FFXIV.

Doczu

Rez and DDR on molly. It was abso-fucking-lutely fantastic. Played the Dreamcast version of Rez on a small, old crt, with the headphones on and lights out.
I refuse to believe that there is any other way to play this game. Of course i couldn't finish it since when it kicked in i just wanted to dance, so my girl had to play while i was listening to the tunes.
And DDR... Well guess why. The next day i coulsn't decide which muscles were more sore. My jaw or my feet.

Dylan

I won't tell you how I got there, but I once beat Mortal Kombat 9 on the hardest difficulty while my vision was quadrupled.

Sai-kun

Banned
the first time i played antichamber i was high as a fucking kite and it was a mindblowing experience

i also played smash bros while tripping on acid and that was a fucking blast too

Bulbasaur

Banned
I quit weed years ago and ever since then I've struggled to actually enjoy playing video games at home on the couch. I used to get home from work, smoke a bowl and play for hours whereas now I get bored quickly and I really wish I didn't.

Resident Evil 4 gets my vote. It was the last game I played under the influence and I doubt I'd have made it through otherwise.

Top Bottom