• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Zero Escape 3 (Zero Time Dilemma) to be fully revealed at GDC 2016

But didn't Junpei
recognize the voice recording? That means he was still a survivor and after all there are only bad endings, because we have yet to reach a or the good ending.

Dang, now I don't know what the hell to believe. One things for sure - I really need to replay 999 and VLR.

EDIT:
Wait, Phi remembered a different timeline in VLR, maybe Junpei can remember stuff from different endings too?

EDIT 2:
Junpei has actually remembered stuff from different timelines. Remember the safe combination?

Bowlie

Banned
For new page (and thread):

CaurccDUAAAGNPW.jpg

CZ56J3MUcAAc-gA.jpg

CbYU2tgUEAAY7Ik.jpg

CcFfDLLUYAAqhKF.jpg

CZXckSxUEAA537R.jpg

CaO2CaIUUAA3pmb.jpg

CZWf6iOW0AEPWHF.jpg

Lusankya

Dang, now I don't know what the hell to believe. One things for sure - I really need to replay 999 and VLR.

EDIT:
Wait, Phi remembered a different timeline in VLR, maybe Junpei can remember stuff from different endings too?

EDIT 2:
Junpei has actually remembered stuff from different timelines. Remember the safe combination?

Damn, that's true. Okay, so Junpei can be a participant without contradicting VLR. Although I won't be suprised if he turns out not to be one.

NotLiquid

I don't think it's necessary for Junpei to be an active participant of the actual game in order to still be involved with the Mars Mission Test Site. Just like the Nonary Games there are a whole bunch of outside factors and side characters to consider. Rather than being a test site subject though the actual evidence in VLR implies that
he's most likely going to be one of the staffers helping set up the ordeal.

Also I find it somewhat highly funny that while VLR had
Junpei
be a jaded old fart, ZTD is going to have
Sigma
being a jaded old fart.

Actually, food for thought - what are the odds of any of the characters so far being the player character?

Hylian7

When was participant 3 revealed?
Last night. She was this week's participant.

For those that haven't been following as closely, they are showing one per week, and there are 3 left, with 3 more weeks until GDC, which is when we get a trailer and the event Uchikoshi is traveling to SF for.

I just noticed something about the character profiles. Notice how all the 'Participant' titles are on the right hand side for the guys and on the left for all the girls? Well participant 1's title is on the left. Him being Left secretly confirmed? That or he's really a cross-dresser. :p

I swear I'm not going crazy.

Lusankya

Also I find it somewhat highly funny that while VLR had
Junpei
be a jaded old fart, ZTD is going to have
Sigma
being a jaded old fart.

But only
Sigma's consciousness
will be old, though.

Btw. according to VLR'S ending there should be another known character.
Kyle is supposed to be in ?'s body and he should play a key role. Technically he could even be in the body of a woman.

I just noticed something about the character profiles. Notice how all the 'Participant' titles are on the right hand side for the guys and on the left for all the girls? Well participant 1's title is on the left. Him being Left secretly confirmed? That or he's really a cross-dresser. :p

Or just because there is not enough space on his right side. :p

NotLiquid

But only
Sigma's consciousness
will be old, though.

Kyle is supposed to be in ?'s body and he should play a key role. Technically he could even be in the body of a woman.

So really we're looking at a main cast of characters that includes
Sigma, Diana, Phi, K and ? considering the latter is supposedly going to "go back in time" as well... Really not a lot of room for new characters when you think about it. But in that case what body are they going to inhabit? But then doesn't another consciousness need to be jettisoned for this to work?

In the words of Mr. Plinkett; "I'm so confused...."

Lusankya

So really we're looking at a main cast of characters that includes
Sigma, Diana, Phi, K and ? considering the latter is supposedly going to "go back in time" as well... Really not a lot of room for new characters when you think about it. But in that case what body are they going to inhabit? But then doesn't another consciousness need to be jettisoned for this to work?

In the words of Mr. Plinkett; "I'm so confused...."

I don't know in what way ? will participate. While it's technically supposed to be the player it also has a physical body in the game and usually the players were controlling Junpei or Sigma. So I am really unsure how Uchikoshi will make ?'s presence work.

But only
Sigma's consciousness
will be old, though.

Or just because there is not enough space on his right side. :p

Participant 2 is just some guy kidnapped from some office and ?'s consciousness is in his body.

We don't know at what time Kyle is in ?'s body, though. Could be before, after or sometime during ZTD. Maybe we won't even get to see him at all.

EDIT:
Also since K is in ?'s body and ? is us (the player) that probably means we won't even meet K at all, since we can assume that, as soon as ? returned to his/her own, K's conciousness returned to his body in the future (shortly after the events of VLR), unless there is more crazy jumping around in time, like what happened with Sigma and Phi. K being a clone of Sigma could at least imply this.

grim-tales

The art for Siggy and Phido looks so good.
Something interests me though. All the others seem to wear clothing that makes them blend in, so to speak whereas Sigma is wearing a shirt that has loads of markings and numbers on it.
Those glasses really suit Phi :)

Syntsui

Any book or incredibly detailed guide where I can recap the story from 999 to VLR? I can't play 999 anymore and there are a lot of details I don't remember anymore. :(

Any book or incredibly detailed guide where I can recap the story from 999 to VLR? I can't play 999 anymore and there are a lot of details I don't remember anymore. :(

The wikia does a pretty good job on the individual characters pages or if you look up Second Nonary game, etc.

Obviously massive spoilers blah, blah, blah. The wiki hides nothing behind tags.

zeroescape.wikia.com/

The art for Siggy and Phido looks so good.
Something interests me though. All the others seem to wear clothing that makes them blend in, so to speak whereas Sigma is wearing a shirt that has loads of markings and numbers on it.
Those glasses really suit Phi :)

Well, Siggy's outfit in VLR had all sorts of different symbols on it. I think he's sort of attracted to clothes that stand out. :D

For 999 you could also get the iOS version if you only want to touch up on events.

cbq

Damn, that's true. Okay, so Junpei can be a participant without contradicting VLR. Although I won't be suprised if he turns out not to be one.
I don't think Junpei
can jump between timelines like Sigma and Phi. Phi remembered timelines that her conciousnes experienced. Junpei only remembered code to the safe because Akane "told" him. And besides it would be hard to remember something that hasn't yet happened :p Akane can see multiple timelines at once, and she haven't seen one where Radical-6 is stopped, so she doesn't know how to do it.

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Loving these new designs (except for Participant #2, he looks like a jackass. Hope he's the first to go).

Participant #1 looks like Chris Evans/Steve Rogers so instant fave.

Plus I see Phi is still the best woman in this series.

I don't think Junpei
can jump between timelines like Sigma and Phi. Phi remembered timelines that her conciousnes experienced. Junpei only remembered code to the safe because Akane "told" him. And besides it would be hard to remember something that hasn't yet happened :p Akane can see multiple timelines at once, and she haven't seen one where Radical-6 is stopped, so she doesn't know how to do it.
It's mostly because Junpei
has weaker abilities than Sigma and Phi who in turn are weaker than Akane. Clover and Snake are probably under Sigma and who knows where others like Santa or Nona and Ennea lie.

Kyonashi

Would love a well-done trans character in this series. Persona played with gender in interesting ways, would be cool to see more games do it.

J

Jotamide

Unconfirmed Member
PSA: Amazon Canada has a 20% off preorders sale and ZE3 is part of it, can't link cause I'm on mobile. It finishes tomorrow!

Excuse me, but where are the obligatory loli and hot chick with giant tits? It's just not Zero Escape without those archetypes.
We've still got three more characters to be revealed!
Just wait for "Clover back again somehow but this time she's bulky to fill the K/Seven archetype" "A dakimakura with a bra on it" and "Dog" to be shown. :)

Alec

Remember when we were all scared that ZE3 wasn't even going to get made?

These are happier times.

Phido is looking cute with glasses.

Everyone's eager to see the rest of the participants and a first glimpse of gameplay, but I also can't wait to listen to Shinji Hosoe's music for ZTD. There better be another Unary Game/Ambidexterity style track!

enigmatic_alex44

Whenever a game uses "middleware," I expect mediocrity. Just see how poor TLOU looks.
Remember when we were all scared that ZE3 wasn't even going to get made?

These are happier times.

Not only that, but we're getting a retail release! :)

The day ZE3 was announced was a bigger deal to me than FFVII Remake, Shenmue 3 and Last Guardian combined.

I wonder what the odds are that the cast has more than 9 players. After all, it's not a nonary game any more. Could be pulling the wool over our eyes deliberately by announcing 1-9 then drop a participant 10+ surprise.

Speaking of Junpei, I had a thought last night. In VLR, during the
Tenmyouji
ending,
he mentions before he escapes that he knows Zero Sr. real well. Obviously he made the connection that Sigma = Zero Sr. when he saw the hologram, but if both Sigma and Junpei were part of the Mars Mission Test Site, shouldn't he have recognized Sigma when he introduced himself? Is that why he says that he knows Zero Sr. real well? What if Sigma actually goes by a different name in ZTD, similar to how Junpei went by a different name in VLR?

That's because of 2 things

First ,
during VLR junpei is forced to obey zero rule of not talking about him.
Second ,
no doubt that the sigma that travelled back in order to participate is NOT the sigma that spend 40+ years of his life trying to prevent the apocalypse... the surely have much different attitude , since sigma ahd a much needed laid-back attitude during the first part of VLR.
Third ,
quite a bit of time have passed since the 2 events , so you can't blame the poor little jumpei from not making the connexiion between the 2 given what became of his life.

Top Bottom