• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Official Megaman ZX thread

Archie

Second-rate Anihawk
180199bzq3.jpg

----------------------------------
Megaman ZX:

Is the unofficial successor to the Megaman Zero series. Taking place hundreds of years after the Zero series ended.

Release date and price

September 12

$29.99

Screenshots

46951020060602_154811_9_big.jpg

news16142_mega-man-zx-plus-d-images.html

931475_20060510_screen007.jpg

931475_20060510_screen004.jpg

Artwork

Vent-and-aile.jpg

OIS.PNG

What's new?

Megaman ZX retains the same basic gameplay as previous Megaman games, but adds a new few wrinkles to the mix.

-Biometals: Biometals allow you to turn into different characters, each with unique abilities.

-Pseudo Metroidvania gameplay: There is a world map that you can explore in further depth after you gain new abilities.

-Technical Finish System: Bosses have weak points that are encouraged not to be attacked in order to recieve the best type of technical finish.

Reviews

EGM: 6.0, 7.0, 7.5
IGN: 8.2
Nintendo Power: 8.5
Famitsu: 31/40

End

Error

Jealous of the Glory that is Johnny Depp
<archie> Error I'm using your template for the official thread

you werent kidding :p nice thread!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Rockman ZX is ****ing SEXCELLENT. Everyone needs to buy this game.

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Sugarman said:
EGM is on a role. Why'd they score ZX so low?

They lack the skillz to play.

neo2046

no need to care about the scores
ZX is really a very good Rockman game :D

some old scans here for those who care
(beware that some spoilers in the scans)

ZeoVGM

Banned
Error2k4 said:
EGM is like the famitsu of this side of the world.

not really.

famitsu gets paid off to give good reviews

egm tries to be hardk0re

Sugarman said:
Yeah, Parish's "omg, I have to review this terrible Tingle game" schtick in the 1up show made that painfully obvious. :/

you're joking right? isn't it supposed to be really fun?

is he just basing it on the look?

Error

omg rite said:

egm tries to be hardk0re?
one of those statements is false... guess which one is!

hint: famitsu good reviews? LAWL

ZeoVGM

Banned
Error2k4 said:
one of those statements is false... guess which one is!

neither are false.

egm tries far too hard to make points and stand out.

famitsu moneyhats lol.

care to explain why either of those statements are false?

Error

ZX!

omg rite: they dont give good reviews, they give good scores. their reviews are trash.

Error

Oh! My Car! said:
So what was cut from the JPN version again? I remember seeing one or more threads about it.
only the VA (except in animated cutscenes) was cut from the US version

thetrin

jjasper said:
Well if you say so I guess I will.:D

The gameplay is ****ing MINT. If you don't buy it, you are a terrible human being. :D

omg rite said:
not really.

egm tries to be hardk0re

you're joking right? isn't it supposed to be really fun?

is he just basing it on the look?

Guess so. They showed no pictures or footage from the game, he just kept showing the cover and this lady lamely agreed with him. This was in the FF3 segment, which was praised despite also being a cutsey DS game. I guess FF games get free passes and Zelda-ish games don't.

Anyways, I can't wait for ZX. I've a question though about the diffuculty. Is it just easy and hard mode? I don't want to play easy, but if it's super hard like Zero is then I'm not sure I want to start with hard. Is there a normal mode?

negitoro7

What I'm still wondering about is:
Did they get permission from Sega to rip-off designs from Virtual On or did they just do it anyways. A few of the characters are almost blatant copies of VO characters like Raiden, Viper, and the Dragon Ice robot from VO:OT whose name I can't remember right now.

I asked in the long "ZX Impressions" thread and no one else commented on the similarities.

Not that I'm complaining, VO was one of my favourite games ever, and playing the characters in 2D might be neat. :)

nubbe

Normal mode is like X1... I guess

I think easy mode is for people who are disabled in some way.

Hard mode is challenging but not that hard after one have done a pass at Normal mode... Lacking power ups and bosses have some altered moves.

negitoro7 said:
What I'm still wondering about is:
Did they get permission from Sega to rip-off designs from Virtual On or did they just do it anyways. A few of the characters are almost blatant copies of VO characters like Raiden, Viper, and the Dragon Ice robot from VO:OT whose name I can't remember right now.

I asked in the long "ZX Impressions" thread and no one else commented on the similarities.

Not that I'm complaining, VO was one of my favourite games ever, and playing the characters in 2D might be neat. :)
I'm not real familiar with the VO games, could you post some comparison pictures?

negitoro7

ninj4junpei said:
I'm not real familiar with the VO games, could you post some comparison pictures?

It's really hard to find decent Virtual On pictures, but here goes:

OIS.PNG

Here's VO Angelan, reminds me obviously of the ZX character in the lower left. They even both have Ice Dragon projectiles!

jf_ange.jpg

This is the only decent picture I can find of Raiden, he has a move that has him firing like the ZX character in the top right corner.

raiden1dna.jpg

I don't know enough about the other ZX characters to make direct comparisons, but they have bits and pieces (and special moves) that remind me of VO Viper/Cypher, Fei-Yen, Apharmd, and possibly others.

Amir0x

Banned
Could you post any larger images for a DS game, Archie :p

Can't wait, this biznatch is finally gettin' my DS out of the hole again... and then Castlevania later this year. Keep comin' to me :D

Dalauz

cant wait! im just replaying MZ 3

Amir0x said:

Can't wait, this biznatch is finally gettin' my DS out of the hole again... and then Castlevania later this year. Keep comin' to me :D
You should play Monster Hunter DS :p its like Smash TV kawai edition.

ant1532

Banned
Can't wait for this game. After I finish all of my homework today I'm planning on finishing 3 tonight, I would play 4 but I don't have enough money to spend on it with everything else coming out so I guewss I will just read a story faq.... :(

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
I don't think I'd play a movie licensed game, even if everyone reccomended it to me :lol

Well Chronicles of Riddick is ****ing awesome.

Too many DS games from now until the end of the year. A shitload of PS2 titles and a shitload of DS titles. Why god, why.

DjangoReinhardt

Thinks he should have been the one to kill Batman's parents.
I'm on the fence about this game. I think I may just wait until Capcom has knocked out 3 or 4 of them and go with the best one.

Amir0x

Banned
AniHawk said:
Well Chronicles of Riddick is ****ing awesome.

Too many DS games from now until the end of the year. A shitload of PS2 titles and a shitload of DS titles. Why god, why.

Ah yes, I always forget about Chronicles... I did like that, but, that's an exception!

nubbe

DjangoReinhardt said:
I'm on the fence about this game. I think I may just wait until Capcom has knocked out 3 or 4 of them and go with the best one.
what

This is the best one

To be honest I've never played a Megaman game before. There's just so many out there that I guess i got turned off. But since I'm hearing this has the Metroidvania (<3) formula, I'm pretty interested in it. Should a Megaman newb play this game?

thetrin

Amir0x said:

Dude, you are going to play the shit out of your DS come Christmas time. It happened to me earlier this year, and that shit is finally hitting stateside.

Amir0x

Banned
TheTrin said:
Dude, you are going to play the shit out of your DS come Christmas time. It happened to me earlier this year, and that shit is finally hitting stateside.

Most of the DS games aren't compelling to me - Castlevania and Megaman exceptions, naturally. I'm still waiting for impressions from Scarlet about FFIII though. If I have extra money by the end of the season, I'd like to maybe pick up Rocket Slime too

Error

Chris Michael said:
To be honest I've never played a Megaman game before. There's just so many out there that I guess i got turned off. But since I'm hearing this has the Metroidvania (<3) formula, I'm pretty interested in it. Should a Megaman newb play this game?
whaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaat?

and yes you should.

Amir0x: err... everyone has said ff3 is good why are still waiting for scarlet's impressions?

AniHawk

Amir0x said:
Most of the DS games aren't compelling to me - Castlevania and Megaman exceptions, naturally. I'm still waiting for impressions from Scarlet about FFIII though. If I have extra money by the end of the season, I'd like to maybe pick up Rocket Slime too

And naturally you're going to buy Yoshi's Island 2 or else.

Amir0x

Banned
Error2k4 said:
Amir0x: err... everyone has said ff3 is good why are still waiting for scarlet's impressions?

I feel FFIII is the worst FF ever made. I am waiting for Scarlet, since she disliked the original as well, to say if enough has changed to fix the game in a meaningful fashion. People who liked the original and enjoyed the remake or who never played the original and enjoyed the remake don't have valuable opinions for me.

AniHawk said:
And naturally you're going to buy Yoshi's Island 2 or else.

My eye is wide open for it, just waiting for word on if Artoon actually pulled it off before I anticipate it.

thetrin

Amir0x said:

What? My FF3 impressions aren't good enough for you?

Ryu

DjangoReinhardt said:

That logic applies mostly, but not for the X series. I still maintain that Megaman X is the best in the X series though X-2 was pretty awesome. I still prefer X.

thetrin

Amir0x said:
Did you like the original?

I played a little of the original, but the things that pissed me the **** off about it were changed completely in the remake.

AniHawk

Error2k4 said:
pfff all you need to know...

FF3>>>FF12

there

Oh.

Xenosaga III >>>>>>>>>>> Yakuza. Better VA, better story, better characters, (crappier atmosphere), better ending, better cutscenes, longer overall, (crappier villains), more of an epic feel.

Top Bottom