• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Castlevania Portrait of Ruin US and European release date revealed

SantaC

Great news, and relief for some posters here who was worried that the US version was much later and possibly even 2007.

logo.jpg

UK RELEASE: 24-Nov-2006
NORDIC RELEASE: 24-Nov-2006
US RELEASE: 21-Nov-2006

Source

Also the Japanese game is as we all know comfirmed for november 16th.

SantaC

BooJoh said:
This is new? The US date has been known for at least a couple weeks, no?

not to my knowledge atleast. Also I had no idea about the euro date.

edit: just did a search on GAF going back 1 month and no one have posted the Euro and US release date. (atleast not in its own thread)

Yeah. I finally found a 2nd hand copy of DoS and I've been totally into that. I'm nearing the end, but I've broken off to do a bit of soul searching, having finally grinded enough money to get the soul eater ring.

PowWow

Nintendo's commitment to the UK/Europe here bodes well for the Wii release. Come on Nintendo, Oct/Nov for the UK!

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
Wait 5 days for an effortless english version, or get the JP version...hmmm....

BooJoh

SantaC said:
not to my knowledge atleast. Also I had no idea about the euro date.
The Euro date is new to me, but I just checked a list I made on August 15th, and in it I had the game listed for Nov 21st, so GameStop.com has had the right date listed for a while.

SantaC

TheGreatDave said:
A DS game...out in the UK at nearly the same time as the US?

Crazy shit. I'll get it as a mark of respect.

The US version of Castlevania DoS was a couple of weeks after the Euro release.

Boojoh said:
The Euro date is new to me, but I just checked a list I made on August 15th, and in it I had the game listed for Nov 21st, so GameStop.com has had the right date listed for a while.

Well ok, but it hasn't been posted here so it's all good. People deserve to know for Castlevania goodness :D

thetrin

Hail, peons, for I have come as ambassador from the great and bountiful Blueberry Butt Explosion
I really should just go get a reservation on the JP version next weekend.

Captain N

it seems like every holiday season I say "I'll be spending more this year then I did last year.", but it's usually always true.

Captain N said:
what's your job that you need this game for it?

Surgical assistant. It´s slightly boring, because if the patients are ready, I don´t have much to do except for giving the instruments to the doctor. And I go to further education so this can become boring, too. :D

Gio_CoD

Banned
Klaxon said:
Surgical assistant. It´s slightly boring, because if the patients are ready, I don´t have much to do except for giving the instruments to the doctor. And I go to further education so this can become boring, too. :D
Maybe it's just me, but I'd be pretty uncomfortable if I knew that my surgeon's assistant was playing the DS while I was under the knife.

Mmmkay

Awesome news that the European version is coming out in the same week as the American one. Can't say I expected that to happen.

Haleon said:
Maybe it's just me, but I'd be pretty uncomfortable if I knew that my surgeon's assistant was playing the DS while I was under the knife.

Shall I tell you the stuff our anaesthetists do in a every-day operation?

Nevertheless, PoR is bought on release-day.

mj1108

Klaxon said:

I bet you have Trauma Center....:D

MarkMan

loves Arcade Sticks
November is so long away!

The game is 100% done already from my playthrough I wonder why it's so far back.

Maybe to do battle with all the other November goodies. :)

Lee N

Membre
I definitely picking up the Japanese version, can't wait.

But knowing me I'll probably end up buying the english version aswell.

Tarazet

SantaC said:
The US version of Castlevania DoS was a couple of weeks after the Euro release.

That's the way it should be. Euros have to pay more for games - why not ship them to the most profitable market first? Games start out expensive and slowly become cheaper in any given market, so it's mystifying to me that this pattern is not mirrored by release sequences. We Americans pay less on release, then let countless thousands of copies sit on shelves until they hit $20. Compared to the rest of the world, it's just too good.

yggdrasil

Klaxon said:
Shall I tell you the stuff our anaesthetists do in a every-day operation?

Please do!

Klaxon said:
Nevertheless, PoR is bought on release-day.

QFT. Nov 21 is the day before my bday, so I couldn't be happier. Anyone know what the 20th anniversary bonus is yet?

Nahar

Must have.
Dawn of Sorrow was amazing, and Portrait of Ruin will be better than DoS.

Two players wi-fi coop = cool.

:)

Top Bottom