• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Disney Infinity 3.0 Marvel Battlegrounds launch trailer

Plinko

Wildcard berths that can't beat teams without a winning record should have homefield advantage
That playset looks fantastic.

I was bummed to hear the next two playsets are Finding Dory and Alice in Wonderland. I have zero interest there.

There are 8 total arenas in Marvel Battlegrounds that you can play, and the idea behind the story is that it starts on Earth, and as the story escalates the locations get more and more supernatural and surreal. We go from train yards in New York to Wakanda Mines, and out to the Moon, to Knowhere, then ultimately culminating with a fight against a giant version of Ultron that he's contructed.

That's what was said about the locations and, I guess, the story of the game.

JSevere

Looks pretty fun! Gonna need those new figures.

Also among the notable Infinity news today is that they're apparently not releasing a new edition this year, and will just be periodically updating 3.0 with new playsets throughout 2016. Battlegrounds is the first of these, and there will be new Disney (based off the upcoming "Alice Through the Looking Glass"), Pixar ("Finding Dory") and Star Wars ones too.

Piers

Not sure why so many Western fighters have to have their punches sound so realistic, and weak sounding.
Contrast to Power Stone's bombastic nuclear explosion sounding smashes.

PSqueak

Banned
Battlegrounds is the first of these, and there will be new Disney (based off the upcoming "Alice Through the Looking Glass"), Pixar ("Finding Dory") and Star Wars ones too.

That playset looks fantastic.

I was bummed to hear the next two playsets are Finding Dory and Alice in Wonderland. I have zero interest there.

Wait, so the Nick and Judy Figures won't have a corresponding Zootopia playset?

Bummer.

Vanillalite

Ask me about the GAF Notebook
*Sigh* If only there was a way to experience all of this without spending a fortune.

They had the PS4 digi version for PS+ owners for like $12 the other day. Then you just needed to get a cheap portal and could be set for like $20. Then you could just buy the content you want.

They had the PS4 digi version for PS+ owners for like $12 the other day. Then you just needed to get a cheap portal and could be set for like $20. Then you could just buy the content you want.

It's more the extra characters that would kill me. Between the 2.0 ones and now the new ones coming out for 3.0, I'd be buying at least 10. And that would also open the floodgates to me getting the Star Wars stuff >_<

It's more the extra characters that would kill me. Between the 2.0 ones and now the new ones coming out for 3.0, I'd be buying at least 10. And that would also open the floodgates to me getting the Star Wars stuff >_<
I'm only into the marvel line so it hasn't been too bad for me. I may get some Disney figures if my daughter or wife want some. But my daughter at this point loves marvel and only wants a scarlet witch lol

Damn it, I'm such a Cap fanboy - that closing shot was cool. Makes me wanna pick this up for multiplayer fights if it really is like Powerstone. But man that cost entry, lol

Tiny415

Neo Member
With new Marvel figs being announced later I hope we get thanos scared witch Bucky and a movie falcon

I would love a figure based on the Age of Ultron/Ant-man Falcon, but I think the best we are going to get is the power disk that turns Sam into his Captain America 2: Winter Solider costume.

PSqueak

Banned
No you scan in four figures they said at the con last year

This is nice to hear, but how exactly does it work? If i recall correctly if you remove the figure the character stops in its tracks in the current games, does this means this play set works like Amiibos with "tap to play, tap when you're done to save your progress"?

This is nice to hear, but how exactly does it work? If i recall correctly if you remove the figure the character stops in its tracks in the current games, does this means this play set works like Amiibos with "tap to play, tap when you're done to save your progress"?
Yup pretty much scan the four figures in whatever order of the players playing is what they said
Two stands are not needed at all :)

PSqueak

Banned
Yup pretty much you scan the four figures in whatever order of the players playing is what they said

Awesome! I hope the gameplay is at least as solid as the original Power stone, could become a good party game.

Plus my Iron Fist could see some constant action for once!

Top Bottom