• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky series discounted on Steam/GOG/PSN

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky $9.99 http://store.steampowered.com/app/251150/

The Legend of Heroes: Trails in the Sky SC $20.99 http://store.steampowered.com/app/251290/

CdSUEzTUUAA7Es-.jpg:large

Also discounted on GOG, PSN & Humble store!

Humble store links:
FC: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/thelegendofheroes_trailsinthesky_storefront
SC: https://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_sc_storefront

PSN links:
FC: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...-sky/cid=UP1023-ULUS10540_00-0000000000000000
SC: https://store.playstation.com/#!/en...y-sc/cid=UP1023-NPUB50275_00-B000000000001452

Go out there and buy them now! :D

It's simply a divine series!

Banned
Hasn't been updated in Canada yet. I like what I've seen of the battle system from YouTube clips. I'll pick them up.

Shin-chan

Incoming third chapter announcement?

I am on the final chapter of SC and have ToCS waiting on my bedside table. If this is announced do I hold on and wait to play third before ToCS?

And ps store apparently

I posted it in the other thread but it's on sale at Humble too. If you're looking for the Steam version just note that the Humble Store version also provides you with an optional DRM-free download as well:
http://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/thelegendofheroes_trailsinthesky_storefront
http://www.humblebundle.com/store/p/the_legend_of_heroes_trails_in_the_sky_sc_storefront
Alright, updating the OP.

Thank you!

Marche90

Everyone, buy it!

Bought FC at a discount, but I kinda wish I had paid the full price for it like I did with SC. They're worth every penny.

I have the first one on Steam, but it's really hard for me to play these kinds of game on a computer, and one to play on my vita sounds suuuper nice. Cold steel is my intro to the series, and I've been having a blast with it. How difficult is it to go backwards?

I have the first one on Steam, but it's really hard for me to play these kinds of game on a computer, and one to play on my vita sounds suuuper nice. Cold steel is my intro to the series, and I've been having a blast with it. How difficult is it to go backwards?
Cold steel was made to be friendly to newcomers to the series and get them interested in older titles as well.

Hear I am talking about people getting them in the other thread and here SC is on sale on PC right now and no funds to get it..... DAMN YOU XSEED!!!

Shahed

Well I know several people who have gone backwards and found not only did it enhance they're enjoyment of Cold Steel, but they actually found them better games. I highly recommend them, and SC in particular is amazing. Some people may have reservations about the slow start, but if you're already enjoying Cold Steel then you won't have a problem. Get them!

Cold steel was made to be friendly to newcomers to the series and get them interested in older titles as well.

Well I know several people who uavw gone backwards and found not only did it enhance they're enjoyment of Cold Steel, but they actually found them better games. I highly recommend them, and SC in particular iw amazing. Some people may have reservations about the slow start, but if you're already enjoying Cold Steel then you won't have a problem. Get them!

Sounds good! I'll just double dip and get FC and get SC for my vita then as well. If I enjoy it half as much as Cold Steel(and I think I did hear a lot of people enjoyed TiTS more) then it will have been well worth it anyway.

Nyoro SF

Are the OSTs on sale as well? Where for EU buyers?

Good question. I think Spotify is global if you just want to listen. If you want the physical soundtrack, there's import sites you can rely on, or you can attempt to purchase directly from Falcom's web store.

Alastor3

Should I wait for the entire trilogy to be release on PC ? I already bought too many games this year (The Witness, Stardew, humble... ok that's it but im a student and have a backlog of 400 games) Should I wait or grab the first one?

tebunker

Banned
I still havent finish FC because I only have a psp. Still should dive back in as there was nothing really wrong with it.

Good prices all around, you figure $30 for 2 well loved games in a series is good

Shin-chan

Good question. I think Spotify is global if you just want to listen. If you want the physical soundtrack, there's import sites you can rely on, or you can attempt to purchase directly from Falcom's web store.
You can get them reasonably priced on iTunes. I don't have Spotify at the moment but that's a good shout too.

Instro

Looks like the sale they had at winter. Unfortunately I haven't even touched FC yet so there's really no point to jumping on the sequel.

Amazing series. Possibly my favorite JRPG protagonist ever.

Are you referring to Estelle? Does she get better over the course of the game? I played a bit of the prologue, but I found they were using her very obviously as the "kind of dim character, so the player can get information about the world" protag, and I found it a little off putting when I played it before.

Looks like the sale they had at winter. Unfortunately I haven't even touched FC yet so there's really no point to jumping on the sequel.

I encourage you to buy SC at this discount. If nothing else, by the time you finish FC, you will buy SC regardless of the price it will be selling for at the time.

Are you referring to Estelle? Does she get better over the course of the game? I played a bit of the prologue, but I found they were using her very obviously as the "kind of dim character, so the player can information about the world" protag, and I found it a little off putting when I played it before.
She continues to grow throughout the games and becomes even more magnificent in SC!

I'm going through Cold Steel, but I'll cop these when I can. I'm loving CS so far, even if I'm still in the very beginning (only just did the first field test)

wrowa

Get them while they are hot!

FC might be a slow burner, but believe me when I say that at the end of SC you'll love every single second you spent with the games and its cast. It's wonderful.

And, yep, Estelle definitely becomes the GOAT by the end of SC. She's awesome.

ys45

Guys, sorry if it's a little off topic but I have an issue .
I tried playing this game (first game) about 2 months ago and I could not get into it .

Played about 6h, I found the combat kinda slow and the game is, not sure how to say this but slow to start ?

The thing is I always enjoyed all of the Falcom games and it really bother me that I did not like this one, the lore is really nice (read the manual) .

Should I stick with it and the game will start to pick-up or does it stay like that ?

I really want to like it !

Dio

Banned
Guys, sorry if it's a little off topic but I have an issue .
I tried playing this game (first game) about 2 months ago and I could not get into it .

Played about 6h, I found the combat kinda slow and the game is, not sure how to say this but slow to start ?

The thing is I always enjoyed all of the Falcom games and it really bother me that I did not like this one, the lore is really nice (read the manual) .

Should I stick with it and the game will start to pick-up or does it stay like that ?

I really want to like it !

The Trails games are slow burners for the most part and ramp up and get more and more awesome the further you get in.

Personally, I really love the laid back, chill, almost slice of life in a few ways 'introductions' to Trails titles, where the world and characters are introduced and I learn to love the setting.

I don't believe every game has to start out with the main character's hometown burning down - since, for example, FC's dialogue is so charming and I loved the interaction between characters, it was so good to take in that I didn't really mind the mundane nature of the introduction.

If you're not into that kind of story that gets more and more intense the further you go in, then this series really isn't for you, sorry to say. For those that can appreciate that sort of introduction, however, I would say that this is the series for you. Doesn't start out with explosions and heavy drama.

In my opinion, that 'mundane' beginning makes the 'when shit gets real' moments that much more awesome and contrasting with the rest of the story. You know, 'ordinary days' interrupted by an event, or series of events, that make you feel like things are falling apart rapidly.

Top Bottom