• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trails in the Sky 1st and 2nd Chapters are on sale on EU PSN

Tizoc

EDIT: The games are also on Sale on US PSN-
https://store.playstation.com/#!/en-us/search/q=trails in the sky

Both TitS games were put on sale on EU PSN today

FC 50% off -> 14.99€
SC 33% off -> 17.99€

Please buy them
If you want some good jRPGs for your Vita or PSP even, get these games, they are well worth their price of admission.

Note that in some store regions the discounts might be slightly different as you can see below
UK prices

FC £11.99
SC £14.99

AU prices

FC $22.95
SC $26.95

Love me some TitS.

So, this is one of those where it's stupid to just get the first chapter, right? They're a single story?

Tizoc

Love me some TitS.

So, this is one of those where it's stupid to just get the first chapter, right? They're a single story?

Well the plots are connected, really just dive in at that price, the translation is really really good and enough to keep you entertained throughout the 30ish hour playthroughs-
2015-03-23_00032.jpg
655D685A8D1E3949F4725CACC037B6389B9F3D3F

gWDIUCG.jpg

8x7sk0z.jpg
A6m0o58.png

j7NtkXG.jpg
1NtPkXL.jpg

SxYEs4R.jpg

redcrayon

Can't recommend these games enough as someone who was somewhat jaded with JRPGs before playing TitS. Good characters, NPCs that each has a place and a job in the gameworld, and a real sense of fun and adventure. The world-building reminds me of PSOne-era classics like Suikoden and Arc the Lad II.

Dami3N

People have told me, that if I love Suikoden 1+2, I would love trails in the sky.

so... is this all of the games in this part of the series?
Dont want to buy them, only to find, that I need another consol, or have to play on pc..

.. remake this shit with trophys, and I would not care, and I would buy them whitout asking

People have told me, that if I love Suikoden 1+2, I would love trails in the sky.

Dont want to buy them, only to find, that I need another consol, or have to play on pc..

.. remake this shit with trophys, and I would not care, and I would buy them whitout asking

There are plenty more games in the series which are connected in an overarching plot and the world they are in, but the story of Trails in the Sky is started and finished in those two games.

Here's an overview

http://blog.us.playstation.com/2015...rails-of-cold-steel-out-today-on-ps3-ps-vita/

hiro4

Can anyone confirm if SC is compatible with the Vita TV?

FC is compatible going of on the store page, and I'm quite sure SC will be too, but a confirmation will be nice.

Mozendo

Despite all the recommendations I couldn't really get in to FC, it starts off way too slowly.

What part did you stop at?
For me the game got picked up after the end of chapter 1, slowed down a bit on chapter 3, and picked up full force on chapter 4.

redcrayon

These two games start and finish both a story arc and those of it's main characters (and most of the secondary ones), you don't need to play anything else. Later games make occasional vague references to stuff that happens in them, but the end of SC is a great 'jumping off' point if you want to walk away.

That sale is totally TitS. Tempting. I've never played a game in this series before, but I want to. Trouble is finding the time to do it.

Shahed

That sale is totally TitS. Tempting. I've never played a game in this series before, but I want to. Trouble is finding the time to do it.
Based on how I've seen you post over time and the games you've liked, I have no doubt you will like these. I highly recommend it. Time permitting of course.
Are those needed before playing Trails of Cold Steel ?
Technically not really needed. Cold Steel was designed as an entry point for newcomers. However I strongly recommend you do play them first since there will be some ties to the overarching story, especially with Cold Steel II.

Besides they're really good games that I think are better than Cold Steel anyway. Especially Sky part 2/SC. The only real problem with Sky FC is that it can start really slowly for some before it ramps up, but if anything Cold Steel has the same problem only amplifieed.

Can anyone confirm if SC is compatible with the Vita TV?

FC is compatible going of on the store page, and I'm quite sure SC will be too, but a confirmation will be nice.

Yeah, the (Dutch, right?) store is a bit vague about it. I also can't buy it directly from the playstation TV store. But I'm checking it out when I get home from work in an hour or two. I'll let you know.

No. You can start with either Trails in the Sky or Cold Steel.

Based on how I've seen you post over time and the games you've liked, I have no doubt you will like these. I highly recommend it. Time permitting of course.

Technically not really needed. Cold Steel was designed as an entry point for newcomers. However I strongly recommend you do play them first since there will be some ties to the overarching story, especially with Cold Steel II.

Besides they're really good games that I think are better than Cold Steel anyway. Especially Sky part 2/SC. The only real problem with Sky FC is that it can start really slowly for some before it ramps up, but if anything Cold Steel has the same problem only amplifieed.

OK thanks !

hiro4

Yeah, the (Dutch, right?) store is a bit vague about it. I also can't buy it directly from the playstation TV store. But I'm checking it out when I get home from work in an hour or two. I'll let you know.

Yes Dutch store! Thank you :)
The fact that you can't buy it directly from the vita tv store is kinda worrying.

Though FF8 and FF9 were said to be incompatible yet they work so I'm hopeful!

What part did you stop at?
For me the game got picked up after the end of chapter 1, slowed down a bit on chapter 3, and picked up full force on chapter 4.

I didn't get very far, I finished the first dungeon (a tower?) and got to the second town before I started getting distracted by other games. I typically have no problems playing JRPG, just this one didn't do it for me.

It's a long investment and FC in particular has a real slow climb to it, but man these games are incredible.

When you have the time, definitely jump into them.

Glix

I gotta restart FC. I played like 15 hours of it two years ago, no way I'm gonna remember anything.

It's so daunting tho.

alexein

Thanks for the heads up.
i was waiting for a sale on the first one, i got trails of cold steel last month.
But i'm gonna buy these 2 right now

stalker

Wait, SC is on EU PSN? I did not follow the release news but I cannot find it on the Vita storefront (I am in Spain if that is relevant).

It costs twice as much to buy on EU PSN than it does to get it on Steam.

I've still got too many RPGs to play that I haven't even touched, so maybe next sale. But I hear so many good things about this series I do want to get to it at some point.

Edit: I just saw that the 3rd one isn't coming to PSP/Vita. Guess I'll buy the much cheaper PC version.

Shahed

Wait, SC is on EU PSN? I did not follow the release news but I cannot find it on the Vita storefront (I am in Spain if that is relevant).
You might have a problem with the spelling. I know when it released last year I couldn't find it due to a spelling mistake where they didn't put a space after the ':' so it became one massive word. Try checking manually via the PSP section or searching for Legend of Heroes instead of Trails in the Sky

Top Bottom