• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SteamSpy: The Division now has 430k owners and mostly positive reviews

SteamSpy, and the number is still growing each day.

Reviews are growing steadily towards positive. It was at 45% mixed day 1.
IzRMp6h.png

It's also the third most popular (concurrent users) game on steam.
yVdMDgO.png

We have no stats on uPlay version, but it seems that the game is successful enough despite the heavy criticism at launch day due to server issues.

Congrats to Massive and Ubisoft.

Orayn

It's one of the best games I've played in years, so I'm glad.

It's not turning my post-Destiny world upside down, but it's solid. It has an interesting quality where random gameplay features will turn out to be much deeper and more nuanced than I gave them credit for.

MUnited83

For you.
Pretty impressive numbers since the Steam version is only available through Steam. I wonder how much it sold outside of it.

Roldan

Played the closed and open beta and liked the setting/Dark Zone concept, but couldn't stand the gameplay.

I'm happy it's doing great, though. Makes me wonder what numbers Destiny 2 could pull on PC (if it's released there)

Karak

Its a pretty solid title and its nice to know that the absolute dearth of humanity and intelligence known as Steam reviews hasn't cause it too many issues. And this is from someone who isn't recommending people rush out and get it.

TheSeks

Blinded by the luminous glory that is David Bowie's physical manifestation.
Not that hard to understand. It's different from most shooters to where people will want to check it out. Activision kinda screwed the pooch in not having a PC port of Destiny out there.

DocSeuss

It's not turning my post-Destiny world upside down, but it's solid. It has an interesting quality where random gameplay features will turn out to be much deeper and more nuanced than I gave them credit for.

Hard mode + four man team of good communicators, facing off against Cleaners and/or Last Man Battalion leads to some great stuff. There's stuff I'd change, but the game's really clicking for me.

Surprised after its initial "mixed" rating.

It's like they played the game for more than 2 hours or something!

The initial rating was the result of a bunch of whiny assholes who didn't like that an online game struggled with server load for the first hour, and that a Ubisoft game has Uplay. Just like Hitman reviews. It's like gamers expect a constant 60 frames a second on absolutely everything all the time with no flaws whatsoever, and I'm wondering what universe they came from that would have them expecting that.

Like other Ubisoft games, always a amazing sign of people willing to pay extra for steampowered over cheaper uplay versions on sites like GMG

Lanrutcon

So we've entered that period where people aren't pissed at the servers, but haven't run into the endgame grind yet. Enjoy the calm while it lasts.

So we've entered that period where people aren't pissed at the servers, but haven't run into the endgame grind yet. Enjoy the calm while it lasts.

I'm a little less than half way through the campaign so I don't know how endgame is set up personally, but I was checking out the forums yesterday and people are already complaining about low drops rates for something called "Division Tech" and nerfs to some resource/currency you acquire in the Dark Zone. So yeah, those endgame complaints are definitely coming.

Lanrutcon

I'm a little less than half way through the campaign so I don't know how endgame is set up personally, but I was checking out the forums yesterday and people are already complaining about low drops rates for something called "Division Tech" and nerfs to some resource/currency you acquire in the Dark Zone. So yeah, those endgame complaints are definitely coming.

The endgame wasn't beta tested, and was very obviously released as something they intend to fix later. The clock is ticking on that, because in a week or two the endgame population is going to explode.

Bungie's lost. Must be kicking themselves for not releasing Destiny on PC. All for Ubisoft to reap.

EDIT: Add Activision in there too.

Spinifex

I imagine a ton of people buying the uPlay version, it's cheaper and more widely available.

In the game I've run into a LOT of ex-Destiny players and people who wanted Destiny for PC. Seems like a missed opportunity.

I imagine a ton of people buying the uPlay version, it's cheaper and more widely available.

In the game I've run into a LOT of ex-Destiny players and people who wanted Destiny for PC. Seems like a missed opportunity.
The uplay and steam version all have the same players right? I'm wanting to pick up the game and still debating between ps4 and PC.

At the moment it's just hard mode missions and dark zone AFAIK, but the incursion update sounds like it's adding some new endgame-oriented stuff.

I haven't played the game yet, but that will be key. If they can keep the game fed with a steady stream of end-game content, the game will have huge staying power.

i didn't know PC people would go for this game. they must be craving Destiny style games.. always online, ew.

It's an online game, duh.
And not really, pc is actually the home of mmo games. Destiny was like the first mmo(or mmo-lite) for most console people.
Mirrors Edge would work best

edit - err, maybe not, needs some loot i suppose

probably a star wars game set on some planet then

SWTOR says hi.

Hasney

About the same number as Stardew Valley. A successful release window for fans of numbers coming out of enemies when hit.

Hasney

Cool, i guess, i wonder how much full version improved from beta version? (which was borefest)

It hasn't. Minor tweaks here and there but the gameplay loop is the same.

A lot of people really enjoyed the beta and thought no huge improvements were needed, hence the sales and the OT moving quickly. But if the beta bored you, I can't see you liking the full version.

Top Bottom