• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Planet Coaster Alpha |OT| underconstruction

Status
Not open for further replies.

A-V-B

Aw, that's a shame. Planet Coaster is a service game. That means microtransactions being shot out of a gatling gun.

Have they said anything about the business model after release. I'm defiantly worried based off their track record with Elite Dangerous and the business model so far. That its going to be paid dlc out of the ass.

Elite dangerous is why I'm worried about the game, especially with it not being 'complete' at launch. They've done a few pretty scummy things with Elite (Extremely high beta price, not telling anyone offline mode was gone, refusing to give refunds at first, taking away a season pass they said would be permanently gone and then bringing it back a year later at 3 times the price, (what seemed like) sale prices that less than a month later had become the regular price etc) so all the bad things that happened with that don't give me much hope for this, even though it looks awesome so far.

From what they said in on of the AMA's is that there were not going to be microtansactions. But free updates, and big paid dlcs like soaked and wild from RCT3, so basically paid when they want to add gamepla mechanics, like adding waterparks or safaris. As I said, reading the comparison of the alpha right now, and RCT3 vanilla, apart from coasters (and not having a firework show editor and thats a pity) its actually going to release as a more finsihed game.

Now, here comes if you want to believe what they said or not. Of course I see normal you try to compare it with what they did with Elite and dont believe them, but lets hope htey actually learned from that.

TheTrain

Elite dangerous is why I'm worried about the game, especially with it not being 'complete' at launch. They've done a few pretty scummy things with Elite (Extremely high beta price, not telling anyone offline mode was gone, refusing to give refunds at first, taking away a season pass they said would be permanently gone and then bringing it back a year later at 3 times the price, (what seemed like) sale prices that less than a month later had become the regular price etc) so all the bad things that happened with that don't give me much hope for this, even though it looks awesome so far.
I don't know where the hate come from but aside the offline mode there isn't much to complain with the way they handled Elite

I don't know were the hate come from but aside the offline mode there isn't much to complain with Elite

They did a pretty large amount of bad things. The ones i can remember right away are:

- £100 for the alpha/beta with a poor justification
- Acting like the offline mode was still in the game when it was removed (e.g. store description didn't change, was still mentioned a few months before release)
- Not telling anyone the offline mode was gone until a month before release and even then it was a bad reasoning along the lines of "We just didn't make the game with it"
- At first refusing to give refunds to people unhappy with that because "they'd played the game" when that was helping them test the incomplete game when it was alpha/beta
- having a season pass for all the DLC on the store priced at around £40, saying "don’t forget to grab it before we withdraw it forever." so once it as gone it would never come back. Came back under a year later at 3 times the price "because of demand".
- This one i'm not sure on as it was just something i noticed. I paid around £30 for the game in the Steam sale, then about 2 weeks later that had become the permanent price of the game.
- The pricing of the Horizons DLC at launch:
1. Charging the same price as the game itself, except it included the game so was like a slap in the face to anyone who had already bought the game.
2. Only giving existing owners a £10 "loyalty discount" when the game was a lot more than £10. That was even a limited time discount which made it worse.
3. Expansion priced almost as much as it cost to originally buy the lifetime pass with every DLC. £35 for the lifetime pass, £40 for the single expansion.

All that on top of what felt like a half complete game that had microtransactions shoved in later on including limiting the rest of the content to extremely expensive packs makes me a bit worried about planet coaster. Unless things have changed entirely, it wouldn't really surprise me if something bad happened with this as well. It's a shame because the work they have done for Planet Coaster so far is great, it's just everything else I'm unsure about.

Jimrpg

They did a pretty large amount of bad things. The ones i can remember right away are:

- Acting like the offline mode was still in the game when it was removed (e.g. store description didn't change, was still mentioned a few months before release)
- Not telling anyone the offline mode was gone until a month before release and even then it was a bad reasoning along the lines of "We just didn't make the game with it"
- At first refusing to give refunds to people unhappy with that because "they'd played the game" when that was helping them test the incomplete game when it was alpha/beta
- having a season pass for all the DLC on the store priced at around £40, saying "don’t forget to grab it before we withdraw it forever." so once it as gone it would never come back. Came back under a year later at 3 times the price "because of demand".
- This one i'm not sure on as it was just something i noticed. I paid around £30 for the game in the Steam sale, then about 2 weeks later that had become the permanent price of the game.
1. Charging the same price as the game itself, except it included the game so was like a slap in the face to anyone who had already bought the game.
2. Only giving existing owners a £10 "loyalty discount" when the game was a lot more than £10. That was even a limited time discount which made it worse.
3. Expansion priced almost as much as it cost to originally buy the lifetime pass with every DLC. £35 for the lifetime pass, £40 for the single expansion.

All that on top of what felt like a half complete game that had microtransactions shoved in later on including limiting the rest of the content to extremely expensive packs makes me a bit worried about planet coaster. Unless things have changed entirely, it wouldn't really surprise me if something bad happened with this as well. It's a shame because the work they have done for Planet Coaster so far is great, it's just everything else I'm unsure about.

35 pounds for the lifetime pass! That's a great deal.

The one thing I don't like about Elite is that it's expensive to get into. I'm basically skipping every second season because of that.

They could fuck us over on Planet Coaster's expansion pricing, but it is a very different game to Elite. We're talking about a local sandbox/management game that'll have relatively small scale asset additions & gameplay features. Elite Dangerous expansions are quite large feature-sets bolted onto a server-based, multiplayer procedural galaxy. It is, I have to imagine, inherently more expensive to run and build. Which doesn't give them a free pass for any pricing fuck-ups, I'm just saying it's a different beast.

Like I said yesterday, I think a Cities Skylines model would work perfectly for PC. They've been patching it rather regularly for free, with some new features and buildings, and then they've had 2 (soon 3) bigger expansions at £10-15. I'd be happy with that.

They could fuck us over on Planet Coaster's expansion pricing, but it is a very different game to Elite. We're talking about a local sandbox/management game that'll have relatively small scale asset additions & gameplay features. Elite Dangerous expansions are quite large feature-sets bolted onto a server-based, multiplayer procedural galaxy. It is, I have to imagine, inherently more expensive to run and build. Which doesn't give them a free pass for any pricing fuck-ups, I'm just saying it's a different beast.

Like I said yesterday, I think a Cities Skylines model would work perfectly for PC. They've been patching it rather regularly for free, with some new features and buildings, and then they've had 2 (soon 3) bigger expansions at £10-15. I'd be happy with that.

Basically that what Im hoping for. Scary the things coming from elite, no doubt, but they are also different beast and teams inside Frontier, so here is hoping they work differently.

TheTrain

Selling half a game and then the rest as a "season pass" is pretty low.

Beta, the price was that high because during the kickstarter that was the price point to grab it. To not piss off the early customer they continued to charge the same price as the Kickstarter campaign
For the offline mode I agree as I've said earlier
Price, it's basically the same price that every expansion have when come out. I'm thinking at WoW or all the other MMO, 40/50 euro is the standard price point. It's pointless to whine about the price because 2 years ago there was a lifetime pass at the same price. 2 years ago there wasn't even a game but only concept art. To me it sounds like when someone want a refund because the 60$ game get a 50% discount one year later.

Selling half a game and then the rest as a "season pass" is pretty low.

Tell me, World of Warcraft 10 years ago was half a game? What about Guild Wars?
I'm done btw, I don't want to derail the thread anymore. Basically I don't agree, that's all. :p
Happy building!

Beta, the price was that high because during the kickstarter that was the price point to grab it. To not piss off the early customer they continued to charge the same price as the Kickstarter campaign

Actually the justification Braben gave for the insanely high price was because they wanted players who were "dedicated and genuinely want it" and said it was the way "that works the best", despite just admitting before that quite a lot of the players were just rich rather than dedicated or really wanted it. He said they couldn't think of another good way to do a alpha/beta rather than sticking an absurd price on it.
http://www.pcgamesn.com/elite-dange...ep-early-access-price-was-very-best-way-do-it

Price, it's basically the same price that every expansion have when come out. I'm thinking at WoW or all the other MMO, 40/50 euro is the standard price point. It's pointless to whine about the price because 2 years ago there was a lifetime pass at the same price. 2 years ago there wasn't even a game but only concept art. To me it sounds like when someone want a refund because the 60$ game get a 50% discount one year later.

The price being £40 isn't really the problem, even though that is quite high for an expansion (£30 would have been closer to the stand price for WoW expansions, legion is currently £28). Those games don't usually have a deal where you can get every expansion for the price of 1 of them, when there usually are season or lifetime passes of some sort, the price of the individual expansions factors into the cost of that.

You've got things clearly wrong anyway . The lifetime pass wasn't 2 years ago when the game was "Only concept art". The date it was withdrawn was July 2014, less than 6 months before the games full release. I don't know how you can defend an outright lie. They said, their exact words, "don’t forget to grab it before we withdraw it forever." It came back less than a year after the game release at 3 times the price.

There's a massive difference between obvious sale discounts (which are expected) and bringing back something they said would never come back and then tripling the price. None of those complaints i said are along the lines of just completely normal and expected behavior from a developer.

As others have said Planet coaster does seem to be a different team, so hopefully it won't be so bad this time.

DrXym

Beta, the price was that high because during the kickstarter that was the price point to grab it.

Beta has nothing to do with. The game left beta, sold at full retail price, suffered some well known shortcomings and rather than fix them, an expansion appears for $$$. I doubt anyone would care if ED only sold paint jobs for those who want them but this was more than that.

Tell me, World of Warcraft 10 years ago was half a game? What about Guild Wars?
I'm done btw, I don't want to derail the thread anymore. Basically I don't agree, that's all. :p
Happy building!

I'm not sure how pointing at the sins in other games is supposed to justify the sins in ED. Of the two, WoW is probably worst offender because arguably subscribers should be entitled to the content. Guild Wars would be a fairer comparison, but equally fair to point out that the core game was complete and standalone in and of itself.

And getting back on point, it's the way that Elite Dangerous conducts itself should make everyone wary of Planet Coaster. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, far better than the next RCT, but it's not hard to imagine ways how it could be DLC'd up the ass. It's sensible to be cautious until the truth is known.

And getting back on point, it's the way that Elite Dangerous conducts itself should make everyone wary of Planet Coaster. Don't get me wrong, it looks great, far better than the next RCT, but it's not hard to imagine ways how it could be DLC'd up the ass. It's sensible to be cautious until the truth is known.

This is why i really don't like the idea of it being incomplete at launch. Additional content via DLC is perfectly fine usually, but if they release the game without that much in it with the promise of solving it later, release just a few free things that should have been there in the first place (with the typical approach of making it seem like it's bonus content we should be thankful for) and then start charging money for things after that, that would be terrible. It reminds me of the Sims, where the base game lacks content and then you pretty much have to buy all the expansion packs to get the fully complete game. I seriously hope that isn't the case here, because it seems like it is with Elite: Dangerous.

This is why i really don't like the idea of it being incomplete at launch. Additional content via DLC is perfectly fine usually, but if they release the game without that much in it with the promise of solving it later, release just a few free things that should have been there in the first place (with the typical approach of making it seem like it's bonus content we should be thankful for) and then start charging money for things after that, that would be terrible. It reminds me of the Sims, where the base game lacks content and then you pretty much have to buy all the expansion packs to get the fully complete game. I seriously hope that isn't the case here, because it seems like it is with Elite: Dangerous.

The problem here is, apart from RCT3 having more coasters (becuase that was a monster) and the firework show editor, the game is not less complete than that.
The game that is releasing in novemeber is a full game, with its wooden coasters, water rides, transport rides, misc rides (like karts), full management aspects, more scenery and themes than RCT3 (you can read the last page to see what I said after entering RCT3 to compare it)...

I undertstand you being wary about the future pricing aspects of DLC for future things like soaked expansion RCT3 had, or the dark rides expansion they are planning (RCT3 did never had real darkrides, only tracked rides that are probably plan the same for the normal release of Planet Coaster, and they already updated the light sstem for that future development for example), but the game is going to be a full release in novemeber, full stop.

The problem here is, apart from RCT3 having more coasters (becuase that was a monster) and the firework show editor, the game is not less complete than that.
The game that is releasing in novemeber is a full game, with its wooden coasters, water rides, transport rides, misc rides (like karts), full management aspects, more scenery and themes than RCT3 (you can read the last page to see what I said after entering RCT3 to compare it)...

I undertstand you being wary about the future pricing aspects of DLC for future things like soaked expansion RCT3 had, or the dark rides expansion they are planning (RCT3 did never had real darkrides, only tracked rides that are probably plan the same for the normal release of Planet Coaster, and they already updated the light sstem for that future development for example), but the game is going to be a full release in novemeber, full stop.

I don't quite understand why you're saying they're not that far off in terms of content. Ignoring the coaster numbers as they do basically the same things, RCT3 had 81 non-coaster rides compared to Planet Coasters 23, with there being 3-4 more confirmed. That's less than half of the amount RCT3 had using your list.

For me it's less about a direct comparison between the two though, and what amount of content would be needed for a specific category for it not to feel like its just an afterthought. As an example, if the transport category released with say only 3 rides in the game, then that part of it would not feel complete to me, and if they then went on to ask for more money if you wanted get additional transport rides, that would be pretty insulting i think.

Obviously I'm not saying "There should be at least X amount or else the games isn't worth it!", i just hope when it does release there aren't noticeable gaps in content that feel like they're that way specifically so they can put 'extra' stuff in as paid DLC, like what happens with the Sims.

I don't quite understand why you're saying they're not that far off in terms of content. Ignoring the coaster numbers as they do basically the same things, RCT3 had 81 non-coaster rides compared to Planet Coasters 23, with there being 3-4 more confirmed. That's less than half of the amount RCT3 had using your list.

For me it's less about a direct comparison between the two though, and what amount of content would be needed for a specific category for it not to feel like its just an afterthought. As an example, if the transport category released with say only 3 rides in the game, then that part of it would not feel complete to me, and if they then went on to ask for more money if you wanted get additional transport rides, that would be pretty insulting i think.

Obviously I'm not saying "There should be at least X amount or else the games isn't worth it!", i just hope when it does release there aren't noticeable gaps in content that feel like they're that way specifically so they can put 'extra' stuff in as paid DLC, like what happens with the Sims.

But you see, if you actually compare them rct3 had multiple flatride repeats, and even in some categories, like the junior/gentle theres already more different ones in planet coaster.
And im talking here of alpha 3, not the full release that will have more rides included.
Also I wouldnt not mind getting something like 3 transports and 3 water rides (and we dont really know yet, there could actually be more) if those are the important ones meaning the train and the monorrail or the splash boats, log flumes and rapids.

A bigger sin I see is that things like droptowers now arent track rides you can choose your height but simpply plopable flatrides.

epmode

Do we know at what time exactly is Alpha 3 coming? We need the steam keys as well.

My guess is it'll go up when most things on Steam are released: 10 AM Pacific

If you're already in the alpha, you should have already received an email with a link to your key on the Frontier Store. Not sure if the key is accessible on the store without the email.

Mik2121

My guess is it'll go up when most things on Steam are released: 10 AM Pacific

If you're already in the alpha, you should have already received an email with a link to your key on the Frontier Store. Not sure if the key is accessible on the store without the email.

I got the key and redeemed it already. Have the game sitting on my GAMES list but obviously can't be downloaded yet.
Steam only updates at 10am even for games from other regions? Gotcha... 10AM Pacific is about 14 hours from now, right? Here in Japan it's already almost 10AM! :(

Just in time for alpha 3 I finshed my alpha 2 project. 2 months working and plenty of headaches, using the full rotation trick of alpha 2.1 and changing between versions. But in the end I think it came out something nice and pretty similar to the real thing, as my intention was pushing the game to its limits to see how possible was a recreation right now.

Not going to do more ful recreations until the game is fully released though, and going to try more original project for alpha 3.

The project, as some of you may know from older posts, was recreating a part of DC Super Heroes World at Parque Warner Madrid (Spain). The land has a part with Metropolis and Superman coaster called Superman La Atraccion de Acero (Ride of Steel), one of the best B& floorless around the world, and the other part was Gotham (only the fairgrounds sadly) that contains Batman La Fuga (The Escape), a inverted B&M clone you can find at many six flags, but themed pretty heavily to Arkham Asylum (the building, not the games).
Here is the result with 2 video walktrhoughs and comparison shots of the gotham part (the metropolis comparison are in an older post).
Cant really wait to put my hands later today (or tomorrow, its 3am here) in to alpha 3. Already have the key put into steam!

Superman and Metroplis:
https://youtu.be/CPUJCoqG5QI
Batman and Gotham:
https://youtu.be/eWrvefkxBok

0018l4kvd.png

Entrance to the area.

0017ssk6w.png

Gotham City Fair, with aracades and fair minigames.

00165sjjb.png

Avenue to Batman La Fuga

00156fjcx.png

Entrance plaza of Batman La Fuga

0019gdkzx.png

Logo and you can see part of the coaster on the back.

0002gtj4l.png

The coaster is themed around the Arkham Asylum building.

0010czj38.png

A shot of the coaster near the queue entrance.

0014dlje5.png

The first room greats to with a control room surrounded of ivy with a guard entangled in it. I wonder who caught him...

00123nknh.png

You will find multiple graffitis covering the walls made by the Batman villians.

0013a1ka7.png

A corridor of strobbing lights and effets halfway the queue.

0003m7k89.png

Thats not a graffiti, but one of the guards had the bad luck to be in the middle of a scaping Mr Freeze

0011cvjok.png

The biggest room in the queue, just below the station, is the amenities room for the inmates. I always wondered what a space shuttle does there

0006jqjmr.png

You can see the Superman coaster from the first drop of Batman. Say hi!

00099ekhh.png

A good shot of the whole building of Arkham Asylum from the second loop of the ride.

0008c0kng.png

You get some nice leg choppers near one of the asylum's towers.

0007ixk99.png

Attention to detail was paramount, tried to be as exact as possible on the final brakes area.

0001x7jpo.png

The exit area of the coaster greets you with a wrecked police car and some final messages from the villians.

0004r8jk3.png

Birds eye view from the front area.

00058rjuh.png

Birds eye view from the back area.

Sevenfold

Fantastic work Ridley, especially considering the limited toolset.
Can't wait to see what you do with Alpha 3 :)

Edit.
Genuinely impressed with your placements, must've been a nightmare.

I'm not sure if there's any in the game already although i haven't seen them so far if there is, but has there been any indication on if they'll add some actual furniture to the game? Chairs, tables, bookcases, cabinets etc would be great and help with indoor areas.

Alpha 3 is already confirmed it will be release at 10am Pacific time (7pm CEST) on steam.

Fantastic work Ridley, especially considering the limited toolset.
Can't wait to see what you do with Alpha 3 :)

Edit.
Genuinely impressed with your placements, must've been a nightmare.

Thanks sevenfold! And yes, it was a nightmare, lots of hours sinked on it (probably much more than 200 hours) changing between alpha 2.1 and alpha 2.3 so I could build with the full rotation bug.

Wow, that was incredibly impressive Ridley! Amazing work, can't even imagine the time it must have taken.
Thanks! Frontier Launchpad doesnt count the time, but it was started just as alpha 2.1 was released, and conitnued into just two days ago. Some days I sinked 4 hours, while other 8 a day, and nearly working every day. Thats lots of hours lol (I like to say more than 200, but its probably a lot more lol).

That's pretty cool. Can't wait to be able to see all that stuff by just checking the friends ingame.
Yup, I also got silvarret (Planet Coaster's master builder and great guy) on steam as a friend, so im really excited of that feature now.

I'm not sure if there's any in the game already although i haven't seen them so far if there is, but has there been any indication on if they'll add some actual furniture to the game? Chairs, tables, bookcases, cabinets etc would be great and help with indoor areas.

Theres no furniture, at least not at the moment, but you can create it using the smaller pieces in the game. I made a kitcken with oven and fridges, office tables with PCs, store shelves... on my Parque Warner recreation, for example.

Theres no furniture, at least not at the moment, but you can create it using the smaller pieces in the game. I made a kitcken with oven and fridges, office tables with PCs, store shelves... on my Parque Warner recreation, for example.

I really hope that's something that gets added to the game, then. It's odd that they let you place things indoors and make building interiors but then give you nothing to actually decorate them properly with things a real building would have in it.

Only 45 more minutes!

I really hope that's something that gets added to the game, then. It's odd that they let you place things indoors and make building interiors but then give you nothing to actually decorate them properly with things a real building would have in it.

Hoping the same, but these games were never partial to add furniture element into their games, even when they had interiors like RCT3.
Not even UGC did much with interiors in RCT3 (just a few disneyland mains streets shelves/tables), and those were the players doing items.

Just tried the alpha 3.

So it reads the save location of alphas 1 and 2. First thing I did was load my park.

And frist thing i see is that lighting has totally changed, is much natural, and pieces thats looked more muted in color are now more vibrant.
It also has imporved the FPS... A LOT.
My Alpha 2 recreation had 25fps with in pause, and 17 playing. Thats is at 720p window mode with no vsync.
In Alpha 3 the same recreation, at 720p windowed and no vsysnc gives me 55fps pause and 50 playing. At 1080p with vsync was around 40fps pause and playing.
The park had 1000 people max in alpha 2 (500 visitors per ride) now, even with the same amount of rides, the crwods behave differently and right now I have 4700 on the park, looks like a summer peak day and the fps at 1080p while playing is sometyhing like 25fps.

The blueprints and multi select are amazing and I already fixed and uploaded two of my signs, the superman logo fountain and the batman la fuga logo:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=750414940
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=750407565

Sad of how you cant change the color of the boxlights but apart from that is amazing.
EDIT
Textures locked to biomes is also a beyond stupid decission.

Just tried the alpha 3.

So it reads the save location of alphas 1 and 2. First thing I did was load my park.

And frist thing i see is that lighting has totally changed, is much natural, and pieces thats looked more muted in color are now more vibrant.
It also has imporved the FPS... A LOT.
My Alpha 2 recreation had 25fps with in pause, and 17 playing. Thats is at 720p window mode with no vsync.
In Alpha 3 the same recreation, at 720p windowed and no vsysnc gives me 55fps pause and 50 playing. At 1080p with vsync was around 40fps pause and playing.
The park had 1000 people max in alpha 2 (500 visitors per ride) now, even with the same amount of rides, the crwods behave differently and right now I have 4700 on the park, looks like a summer peak day and the fps at 1080p while playing is sometyhing like 25fps.

The blueprints and multi select are amazing and I already fixed and uploaded two of my signs, the superman logo fountain and the batman la fuga logo:
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=750414940
http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/filedetails/?id=750407565

Sad of how you cant change the color of the boxlights but apart from that is amazing.
EDIT
Textures locked to biomes is also a beyond stupid decission.

Wow that's an impressive performance upgrade. Wouldn't expect such huge gains while still in alpha. Nearly 5x as many people, and 720p to 1080p and still seeing better performance. What GPU are you using? Your recreation looks incredible by the way.

Do we have a rough idea of the release date yet? I see the alpha is coming off the store this week.

November 17th

Bad things about alpha 3:
-Textures locked by biomes.
-More than 50 percent of the objects are non colorable, even some walls of the same set that a recolarable have a piece or 2 that are not.
-Some pieces that absolutely shouldnt be grid based (some columns and beams) are still grid based.
-The fountain bases do not have water.
-The game uses what it seems miles per hour (or at least it reads mph) instead of km per hour for coaster speed, but then uses the nonsesical meters per second fro adjust speed to elements, and theres no option in the menu to change it.

Wow that's an impressive performance upgrade. Wouldn't expect such huge gains while still in alpha. Nearly 5x as many people, and 720p to 1080p and still seeing better performance. What GPU are you using? Your recreation looks incredible by the way.

An i7-4790k although it seems lots of people in the forums are having framerate problems now with 970s and 1080s. No stable 60 with empty parks (a guy said it jumped to 30 on a empty park with a similar PC to mine) and huge framedrops on older saves. I may have been striked by luck.
If those older saves used toomany sfx though, that may seem the problem, but that also tanked framerate on alpha 2, and this guys are saying it runs worse.

What Ive seen is that draw distances in vegetation are much lower by default now.

Block brakes + block brakes = multiple trains.

Just tried this and it crashed my game becuase it seems I put the block brake the other way round lol. Still hard for me trying to comprehend why you need more than one block brake to have 2 trains though.

epmode

sounds cool , too bad i dont have much trust left in Frontier , especially now they added Denuvo DRM to the game

It's disappointing but the game was already required to check in with Frontier every once in a while so it's already tied to external servers.

PaulLFC

Hopefully when the new editions go live tomorrow there'll be a £10 upgrade for those of us who bought the £20 preorder. If there is I'll be upgrading.

Just tried this and it crashed my game becuase it seems I put the block brake the other way round lol. Still hard for me trying to comprehend why you need more than one block brake to have 2 trains though.
For multiple trains to run there needs to be at least 1 free section in-between the two trains, so if you only have 1 block section, you've only got that section and the station for the trains to stop, which means there is no section in the middle of them empty for the next train to pass.

Just saw your post on the planet coaster forum about Denuvo being added to the game Ridley, i didn't realize there were that many bad things about it if all that is true. It seems the official forum refuses to admit when there's anything wrong with the game or Frontier and will defend them no matter what, unfortunately.

Hopefully when the new editions go live tomorrow there'll be a £10 upgrade for those of us who bought the £20 preorder. If there is I'll be upgrading.

What will you upgrade to, though? The £20 pre-order apparently comes with the bonus stuff and the beta as well.

PaulLFC

What will you upgrade to, though? The £20 pre-order apparently comes with the bonus stuff and the beta as well.
Oh it does? That's excellent if true, I must have missed that as I originally thought it didn't include beta access, just a game preorder - I thought only the £30 Thrillseeker edition included any extras, but if those are included in the £20 preorder too, then that's even better.

Oh it does? That's excellent if true, I must have missed that as I originally thought it didn't include beta access, just a game preorder - I thought only the £30 Thrillseeker edition included any extras, but if those are included in the £20 preorder too, then that's even better.

They've said it includes the Thrillseeker extras and the beta. So you get all that and it's £10 cheaper, which is great.

https://forums.planetcoaster.com/sh...eam-Store-Update?p=85148&viewfull=1#post85148

Just posted all problems I found with the wall sets and scenery pieces. I would like them to be fixed (bugs obviously will, but I dont know about adding recolorable options to objects that dotn have them). Toom some screens also, you can see the thread here (up the thread if you want to see it fixed, every voice counts).
https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/9805-Non-colorable-walls-and-other-BUGS-and-problems-with-Wall-Sets-%28with-screenshot-examples%29

Damn, I'm in love with the soundtrack. The theme song is soo catchy
It is indeed, you actually needed to wait to load your game until a part of the song started to hear the chorus, but now it sounds everytime you loud, and I love the chorus part. Makes bigger parks that take 40sec-1 min to load a pleasure lol

For multiple trains to run there needs to be at least 1 free section in-between the two trains, so if you only have 1 block section, you've only got that section and the station for the trains to stop, which means there is no section in the middle of them empty for the next train to pass.

The problem here, and we already wrote in on the forums (actually one of the only thing Frontier has said that they will look into it even if how it behaves was intended), is that stations behave like block run in real life, so to get two trains you only need one block run at the end of the track in real life coasters (and the first train leaving the lifthill usually acts as method to let the other train leave the block brakes).
Most coasters dont have a mid block brake, but a mid brake run, so having two block brakes on a 2 train coaster is unrealistic.

Just saw your post on the planet coaster forum about Denuvo being added to the game Ridley, i didn't realize there were that many bad things about it if all that is true. It seems the official forum refuses to admit when there's anything wrong with the game or Frontier and will defend them no matter what, unfortunately.

Maybe it doesnt do so much damage in this game, but theres already framedrop problems with some 970gtx and 1080gtx users (ive got a 970 and I dont have framerate problems though) and it wouldnt surprise denuvo causing them, smae with the tetraplegic guy using a program so he can play with less buttons in alpha 2 that worked, not working for alpha 3.

Just posted all problems I found with the wall sets and scenery pieces. I would like them to be fixed (bugs obviously will, but I dont know about adding recolorable options to objects that dotn have them). Toom some screens also, you can see the thread here (up the thread if you want to see it fixed, every voice counts).
https://forums.planetcoaster.com/showthread.php/9805-Non-colorable-walls-and-other-BUGS-and-problems-with-Wall-Sets-%28with-screenshot-examples%29

Just tried to view this and it says i don't have permission for some reason.

Maybe it doesnt do so much damage in this game, but theres already framedrop problems with some 970gtx and 1080gtx users (ive got a 970 and I dont have framerate problems though) and it wouldnt surprise denuvo causing them, smae with the tetraplegic guy using a program so he can play with less buttons in alpha 2 that worked, not working for alpha 3.

While i don't have a problem with it as it doesn't affect me (i don't even have the game), DRM is not something added to improve the experience for customers, especially not that sort if what you said is true. I don't think it's right for people on the official forum to just defend it as if nothing bad could come of it and Frontier could never do anything wrong. Pretty much every forum a specific game is like that but it's still annoying.

Just tried to view this and it says i don't have permission for some reason.

While i don't have a problem with it as it doesn't affect me (i don't even have the game), DRM is not something added to improve the experience for customers, especially not that sort if what you said is true. I don't think it's right for people on the official forum to just defend it as if nothing bad could come of it and Frontier could never do anything wrong. Pretty much every forum a specific game is like that but it's still annoying.

You just go the game no? I think it doesnt let you enter the alpha feedback forum until you have installed and confirm it in the forums or something like that.

And that forum is always the same, people who usually dont play much games (theres a thread with a bunch of people that just installed steam for the first time just for this game), so I understand not being informed about this type of problems (and the OP in that thread should have commented on the rpoblems instead of only saying he didnt want denuvo), but even then people there are super defensive with people being somewhat critical in the game, because they only use the game on a very simple level (making shoe box building and putting flat rides, and criticise only when things are too complicated for them) instead of going into the nitty gritty like some of us do were we discovered the real problems (and bad design philosophies sometimes frontier have, like make things realistic, but then putting restrictions that make things actually be not realistic at all).

You just go the game no? I think it doesnt let you enter the alpha feedback forum until you have installed and confirm it in the forums or something like that.

And that forum is always the same, people who usually dont play much games (theres a thread with a bunch of people that just installed steam for the first time just for this game), so I understand not being informed about this type of problems (and the OP in that thread should have commented on the rpoblems instead of only saying he didnt want denuvo), but even then people there are super defensive with people being somewhat critical in the game, because they only use the game on a very simple level (making shoe box building and putting flat rides, and criticise only when things are too complicated for them) instead of going into the nitty gritty like some of us do were we discovered the real problems (and bad design philosophies sometimes frontier have, like make things realistic, but then putting restrictions that make things actually be not realistic at all).

I just pre-ordered it but i won't actually have the game until it releases, didn't get the alpha version so that might be why. Not really got the money for the alpha version unfortunately and besides that i don't want to support charging so much for it.

What sort of issues with Frontier are you talking about (other than what i've already mentioned with Eite)? Not sure on what design philosophy problems or problems with making things realistic planet coaster has. Only thing i can think of really is that i thought at one point they said they wanted the coaster supports to be realistic so you didn't have floating coasters and such...and then let you do exactly that.

I even saw people there defending the game not having dynamic water with reasoning like "Well it would take a lot of work" or "It could make the game run worse for some people" or "Not a lot of games have Dynamic water" as if any of those are good reasons to leave it out entirely. Dynamic water in this sort of game should be pretty generally expected feature (especially as it's been 12 years since the last game) but they still wouldn't complain about the way Frontier have done it so far. It reminds me of how on the reddit section for this game everyone was defending the alpha being 3 times the cost of the game itself and even when it was explained exactly why it was a problem, they'd just come back with "Well i got X hours out of it so far, so the price is fine" when that was just completely missing the point entirely. They just refused to think that tripling the price was a problem because they liked the game and it seemed they didn't want to believe anything about it could be bad.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom