• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

SHOCKING: 'Free' Fallout 4 season passes have been revoked

Nibel

UPDATE 21/03/2016 11.51pm: It looks like the free Fallout 4 season passes have been revoked ahead of tonight's first DLC drop, Automatron.

The free Season Passes, which were acquired via a PSN error, have now been given an expiry tag.

As was the case with PT, even if you "owned" the Season Pass, it will no longer show up in your library, so you can't re-download it at no charge.

This only affects those who acquired the Season Pass via the freebie glitch. Anyone who properly purchased one should be set to enjoy Automatron and its following DLC.

Those who snagged the free Season Passes will still have access to its exclusive Fallout 4 theme - as we discovered upon testing an expired pass - so you'll still get something out of it.

Source (Eurogamer)

Back to playing good games I guess

How long's the expiary tag? A good way to promote the DLC could have given exploiters a glimpse of the DLC, say, for a few days, and then lock them out again, incentivising them to buy it, perhaps!

(though, this could lock them out of their save files . . .)

Certinty

Wow first time I can ever remember this happening.

I got Killzone Shadow Fall for like 79p and Uncharted Golden Abyss for like 59p at launch and they let me keep them.

Source (Eurogamer)

Back to playing good games I guess
tumblr_lti76f3mvn1r4ghkoo1_500.gif

Radogol

How long's the expiary tag? A good way to promote the DLC could have given exploiters a glimpse of the DLC, say, for a few days, and then lock them out again, incentivising them to buy it, perhaps!

(though, this could lock them out of their save files . . .)

Once it's installed, they can't remotely uninstall it. Well, maybe they can, but they'd rather we don't know that ;)

E-flux

Don't they usually leave those copies be when they make an error like this?

A bit off topic but, when the Psn plus version of Driveclub came out they had an error where the full game upgrade plus all the dlc were free for a while. I managed to snag myself those and thanks to it i still regularly play Driveclub even though my psn has expired many times since then.

wow this has never happened for as long as i can remember. i guess sony can now cancel future downloads that we get from the glitch

pizzacat

Banned
Damn op sounding like a bitter ex lmaoo

Also this whole expire shit makes me sad for whenever Sony slips up, what does that mean for the next price errors

It got the Omega DLC for Mass Effect 3 free on PSN due to an error.

I eventually got the Trilogy for $5 and all the Mass Effect 3 DLC for $10.50 on sale.

You'd be playing $60 worth of DLC because you took advantage of a system glitch while other players actually paid.

So? Stealing would imply that we've done something illegal. How is clicking 'purchase' whilst something is listed as free illegal?

Edit: And for the record whilst it would have been cool to keep this stuff, I do understand it was a glitch and therefore I don't feel too burned about it. However being labelled a thief is just pathetic.

It's not the players fault ps store was legitimately selling the season pass for $0, it's PlayStations.

If I had gotten a pass, I'd be pretty pissed right now.

ZangBa

Acting salty because Bethesda did the right thing, I'd imagine you wouldn't feel this way if it was some indie game you cared about.

hey_it's_that_dog

benevolent sexism
It's not the players fault ps store was legitimately selling the season pass for $0, it's PlayStations.

If I had gotten a pass, I'd be pretty pissed right now.

What right would you have to be pissed? You invested a couple of seconds clicking a button. For that you deserve $60 of free content?

I'd genuinely wish I had got the dlc for free just to keep that gif in my PSN messages forever

lol. It'd certainly be a keeper!

I can imagine it going down like this for some people:

-"Can't wait for my free muthafuckin Fallout 4 DLC! What luck! LOL Suckers!"

-"Wait... I got a message?" *Message from Playstation*

-*clicks to open*

-
PNj3vME.gif

-
FX7OyfQ.gif

Jacqli

I was able to download P.T. (because I have the license) through a proxy three weeks ago. But I guess this case is different and you cannot do that or it is pointless, right?

Top Bottom